Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bucket Clarification

5 posters

Go down

Bucket Clarification Empty Bucket Clarification

Post  Simcik Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:40 pm

Allow me to gloat just a tad:

My Neon won last week!

Okay, done with that. Now, the dirty little secret to my success was (as you all know) I did horribly at Laguna and got to run with slicks and get some extra grip. (Like an NFL receiver putting stick-um on his gloves.)

This happend before at Mugello, and as someone pointed out, a mistake may have been made after my Top 3rd finish.

Normally, if you finish in the Top 3rd, you end up in the $%#&^!()*#$(&&^$^# Bucket. (That's a very long cuss word!) [My ADD is kicking in this morning - perhaps we should give the Bucket a sponsor? The Pawtucket Brewery Bucket?] However, what if you finish in the top 3rd with slicks?

Do you go to the bucket, or do you just hand over your slicks and go back to normal sport tires?

Just wondering, 'cause the bucket sucks, and I want to stay out of it if I can - err, I mean, I want to make sure the rules are followed properly and that fairness is maintained for not only myself but all AIRS racers. Yeah, that sounds better!
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bucket Clarification Empty Re: Bucket Clarification

Post  Smus Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:59 pm

Now im not avanti do this is just my opinion...i think the winner with the advantage (you) should lose the advantage and run normally. If you win again then its to the bucket with you. My thought is that if youre still allowed slicks you stull may have an advantage even inside the bucket.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:26 pm

I think what Smus said should be done, but I think we've run it that no matter what the situation if you are in the top third you go in the bucket. It better be, otherwise I could have been mid-pack when my connection was interrupted Friday. I went from slicks to the bucket, I think Harlen did too. Honestly it would be kind of unfair to just go 1 step down (sport tires, no bucket) if you win on slicks because of how we've been running. But whatever works, chances are I'll have some sort of stupid problem from turn 10 this week, just how my luck's been going the last few weeks.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:47 pm

The short answer is: You lose your slicks and you go to the minus fives bucket.

The more detailed answer is: Golly you guys are bringing up compound situations. Ha! The way I've had it set up before is you're either helped, hindered, or pure and these aren't necessarily taken in steps of one. If you finish in the top third you enter the bucket from a pure standpoint*, regardless of how you won. If you finish the race in the bottom third you are allowed slick tires as an aid.

Could the process be taken only in steps of one? Yes. An example of this: suppose you finish in the bottom third for event one. At event two you are allowed slick tires. If you happen to again place in the top third at event two, the next step is to simply remove the slick tires for event three. If at event three you place in the top third again, then you enter the minus fives bucket for event four.

When we get around to A.I. season two we could experiment with the one step process.

*Take your car back to pure format and enter the bucket.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Personally for season 2 id like to see the 1 step rule implemented. My thought process is this. Sim won duevto thevslick tire he was allowed to have due to his poor performance at Laguna Secs. If giving him slicks is the difference between 1st and bottom 3rd then by putting and additional scantion on him for performing well is a double penalty imo. AIX is a different story, but if it would work i think a 1 step solution in AI would be better...longer but possibly a more accurate punishment.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:32 am

Sim won because he was THE MAN last weekend and also because I pissed him off so damn bad makin jokes about his sloppy overstuffed super inviting home to a homeless midget box.... oh and your welcome Sim. Because of this I think I deserve 30% of your winnings and points! You keep the bucket though! Next season I say we implement a power only rule. F the grip redux. Id take a 10% kick to my powers sack happily because then we can still keep our tunes and handling proper and familiar rather than having to account for the completely foreign feel of the grip loss. The power doesnt feel unnatural like the grip reduction so I think this is fair. What say you kids? Oh and just so you all know, I picked up Mass Effect 3 today and fear not baby birds cause my hero named Slut Shepherd is out kickin Reaper Ass promiscuously causing the Reapers to die off from a pussy burning sensation akin to what a human would go through if they were to sleep with Snooki, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. There isnt enough penicillin in the world to save you from that HIV hive! Oh and I tried a few times to get the DLC for March... last time I checked was at about 11am Pacific time and no mas. So anybody get it yet? Ill wait till somebody tells me.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:35 am

Also I have never thought that making fun of a forum email inbox could be so freakin funny.... But then again I am rather tawded so I sure that has a bit to do with it. If I clown to much Sim you can let me know by deleting me off the site and your friends list and I will take the hint.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:44 am

10% power reduction would be fair...maybe more for overly fast cars.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:17 am

Such as your usually Turbo'd Charger? Im lovin no bucket at Nurburgring GP... Im lookin forward to the race Friday. Hopefully I can keep up with you this week!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:26 am

Well youll have to pry yourself away from ME3 first Very Happy
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:59 am

I ran my practice at 3am pst last night while hopin for DLC drop but my setup was pretty good in Suzuki trike form. Just ran a tad less camber and toe, then add more caster since the track is super bouncy and raised the ride up a skosh and was clickin off some :08.flats so Im thinkin unless any of you guys are on and up for some American Iron Happy Hour sessions. Avanti is goin G14 classified on his lap times and told me last night he will tell us what lap times hes running right at the time of qualifying on Friday. Im thinkin he went all Chad Knaus on us and has some super crew chief car tricks up his sleeve and doesnt want anyone to know what it is so he can spank us like Simcik did last week. Mass Effect 3 is more exciting to play than Skyrim and knowing its the final chapter in the trilogy Im gonna take my time with this one and savor the EPICNESS! Anyone down for some laps? Let me know and shoot me message if you have some time to shoot for.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Okay, so I'm in the Pawtucket Brewery Bucket? But next season I won't be? I'll just be normal build??? I'm so confused...

I personally like the 1-step approach and would really go for that next season.

Also, instead of slicks or the loss of grip, why don't we keep our cars the same and have 3 buckets per class? A +/-10% power bucket and a normal bucket. Implemented after race 3 through the end of the season. Leave grip alone. Leave the builds alone. Much simpler. No extra tech inspections, no changing of the cars in anyway. Just a loss or addition of power from the bucket artificially. This would simulate ballast most effectively I believe, and would also use real-world type means of punishment like restrictor plates and such.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Sorry Sim but you can only decrease grip and power in a negative increment of 5% aka -5%. -0% is the top otherwise known as your regular build. Cant go + any amount. The only way you could do as you were suggesting with the three buckets would be a multi stage reduction such as Regular/Standard build would be -5% power and/or grip.... Penalty bucket for a Top 1/3rd finish would be a -10% power and/or grip..... and the boost bucket for a Bottom 1/3rd finish would be a standard build with no reduction of power and/or grip. But thats a pain in the ass IMO and kinda confusing for those attempting to tune. But I for one and open to any discussions for next season of American Iron playing field leveling ideas. I am sure Geoff and Tux would be on board for implementing a new format or idea as well for next AI go around. But thats many months down the road at this point with 4 more weeks of AI season one and then on to Tuxs GT season. One things for sure though, with as many cool guys as we have in the series right now, I know we will figure something out.

But for now Sim its Bucket for top 1/3rd finish minus your slicks it seems and I know its probably annoying to hear it and easier said than done but for this week just focus on being smooth on and off the throttle and that ACR will rip at Nurburg GP. Its fast and just requires a subtle approach. But you know that so in other news, Freakin Porsche eh? Ill be darned...
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:49 am

Ex US Squid wrote:… Avanti is goin G14 classified on his lap times and told me last night he will tell us what lap times hes running right at the time of qualifying on Friday. Im thinkin he went all Chad Knaus on us and has some super crew chief car tricks up his sleeve and doesnt want anyone to know what it is so he can spank us like Simcik did last week. …
  1. Awesome! G14 classified. So now I'm Chris Tucker in the '72 Corvette convertible?
  2. I'm in the bucket with shadow. I don't think we'll be lighting the track on fire with our rear tires.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum