Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bar, Raised.

5 posters

Go down

Bar, Raised. Empty Bar, Raised.

Post  Sorta05 Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:55 pm

Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Bar, Raised. Empty Re: Bar, Raised.

Post  Simcik Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:46 pm

Kinda surpised it's only 625 HP. Seems low given the recent trends... Guess they are saving room for the ZR1???
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:24 pm

It's not just about HP.  I think the GT-R has shown everyone that.  That being said the Chief Engineer said this car beat the previous gen ZR1 on the first lap out.  They also eluded that with the Z07 package will be faster then the upcoming ZR1 (I'm not sure if that's really what they meant seeing as there has been no mention of a ZR1, I think the article meant to say something else).  At any rate, I can't imagine more hp then 625 anyway.  I couldn't keep the tires from spinning when I had my 08 Z06 and it only had a measly 505hp (seriously the power levels today are ridiculous).  The e-diff should help a lot here and might real the 625hp's in to make them more manageable, especially with the auto trans now.  I think it will be more interesting to see how GM's new auto stacks up to the DCT's, as they are claiming shift times as fast as the leading ones. 

Anyone want to start a bet on what the ring time will be? 

With Z07 trim I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it'll be really close to 7 if not sub 7...
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:38 pm

I think I need to change my underwears...  bounce
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Bar, Raised. Empty More better video of all the good stuff on the new Z...

Post  Sorta05 Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:42 pm

Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Yea a truly well functioning auto locker would work wonders!   Duramax trucks have had them and they were mechanical so the timing was never quite right but man it always came in handy when shit got aggressive in RWD rather than needing to run 4hi all the time.   They key that Im seeing is that GM has the right amount of Power-To-Weight so it will be stupid fast and also super nimble and handle like a champ!   Id love to see a 2900lb SRT Viper and C7 Vette in some kind of form.... say a track toy limited run.   3800lbs is not a "Sports" car, its a nimble tank.    Thats why HP is getting so high.  Because the junk in the trunk is getting massive as well.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:37 pm

Squid,

I haven't heard the weight numbers for the Z06, but I'd hope they kept in line with the C6 and made it as light or lighter then the standard coupe.  But I agree, under 3k with 3 or 400 hp and rwd manual is plenty enough to have fun with on the streets or track.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 am

A lot of that junk is government-mandated safety and emission BS. Airbags, TPMS, Traction Control, EGR, etc. That all adds up.

Oh, and don't forget the more stringent crash test standards now too.

So, add all the chassis reinforcements to all the government-mandated BS and even a stripped down model will be heavier than before/older models.

They couldn't build a '94 Viper today, for instance. GM is using a lot of very expensive materials and construction techniques to make the C7. This means they will have to charge more, or they will lose money - it's a fine balancing act.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:02 am

Your right Sim, the gov't is making it difficult to make a light car.  However I did read an article on GM (can't remember where otherwise I'd site it) on how in the early 90's they intentionally added weight to the cars to make them feel more expensive and substantial (like a RR).  Now they are trying to re-engineer the weight out, and I'd say they are doing a pretty good job (i.e. latest gen CTS).  But, as you said because of gov't regs they are having to use expensive materials and engineering to make cars light now.  A light car can be made though, the new alfa and gt-86 are proof of this.  I think we'll see lighter cars, either for performance or mileage reasons or both.  And the new C7 is heavier because of the new tech not the gov't regs.  They added the e-diff, direct injection, variable valve timing, and displacement on demand (to name a few additions).  Those features alone (related to the engine) added over 50lbs of weight, nulling those weight losses from the all new aluminum frame.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:28 am

Aside from the government BS, look at the size of cars today; they're freakin HUGE.....

The current model Civic weighs anywhere from 3200-3600 lbs. depending on trim and engine size....... WTF? They are not only wider and longer, but even the lightest version weighs 100 more pounds than my V8 powered fox body, and the lightest model is the SAME weight as my current V8 powered 99' GT.

Civics used to weigh in the 2500-3000 range......

The Corvette is GM's prized gem. Thats one Chevy I wouldn't mind owning. They always have built a pretty damn good Corvette. I imagine the lower (lol) 625 HP will be more than enough to hold its own with the Viper camp and the import BS.

I just wish Ford would buiild something to contend with the Vette and Viper, or bring back the GT with an eco-boosted Coyote motor....
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum