Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Who am I?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who am I?

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:12 pm

I don't mean the Jackie Chan movie by the same name, though that was a good movie. This is your Captain speaking, please turn off all electronic devices as we prepare to take off. Kidding! I am fairly easy-going and enjoy jokes like most everyone else.

I am a transportation nut. I grew up around cars, planes, boats, and trains. The Avanti was a project of my dad's, sitting in the garage through my childhood years. He bolted a "come-along" to the garage floor and when he had to roll out the car or pull it back in, I was in the driver's seat to turn the wheel and apply the brakes.

My dad had model H.O. trains on a shelf mounted on my room wall, he had his private pilots license, flew for the Civil Air Patrol and often took me up on weekends. I also had models of planes hanging from my room ceiling.

The Avanti was my car to drive during my second half of high school. It was this car that flipped on my car switch. My friends had more mainstream cars; one had a pair of '68 Mustang coupes, another had a '68 Chevelle. Yep, I had a Ford friend and a G.M. friend though they only met a handful of times. One friend was during the time I lived with my mom (frosh. & soph. years), the other during my time spent with my dad (junior & senior years). I like other cars by Studebaker; in addition to Avanti I like Lark and Hawk. Recently I've taken a liking to 1960-'64 Champ pick-up. It was the combination of having a car made by a defunct auto maker and having friends who liked assorted other makers when I decided, "f'k it, I like them all." I suppose one might say I like certain categories of cars and most every car in those categories.

So here I am years later with automotive knowledge gained from many places and from an assortment of manufacturers. Example: If you own an E46 M3 you may use the intake manifold from the E36 M3. The longer runners will provide more torque to your E46. I'm generally not a BMW fan (I prefer Daimler-Benz) though I came across that info while searching for info. pertaining to a 383 stroker and I haven't managed to forget it.

A lot of what I've learned went into thought processes for how Turn 10 could apply real world improvements to their game. I'd like Forza gamers the ability to make changes like the manifold swap shown above. I went into more detail on these threads:
Then there are my YouTube contributions, viewable in three parts a la my FM.net signature. Any one of the three above links will enable access to the videos.

If Turn 10 doesn't create a game along these premises, someone else should. It only takes what, $60 million or so? Psssh! Let's call those greedy Wall St. folks, they could write up a grant.
Avanti 63r1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who am I?

Post  sbclowrider on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:40 pm

Avanti,

I have a game for the PS2 called IHRA Drag Racing 2 and it has the desktop dyno style tuning. Not only can you build your engine but you can build a chevy for a ford or a ford for a chevy or a dodge and so on. On top of that you can add weight. You can change suspension, you can have a leaf on one corner and a coil on another. You can tune the spring rates and rebound. And then you have the transmission area. You can build just about any trans you want from direct drive to a 6 speed. 700r4, 2004r, 727, th350, th400, t5, T56, just to name a few. Then if you don't like the first gear (or any gear really) you can change the ratio any way you like. Then comes the tires. A whole crap load! from basic street tires all the way to 31"x20" Drag slicks.

I want this for Forza.

However I think not many people liked it because it was too confusing to the people who tried to play it. Every IHRA drag game since has been crap .
sbclowrider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Oh that sounds purely amazing though. There has to be a solution where that depth of tuning and customization could be available while not deterring folks who don't quite understand would still want to purchase the game. Though I definitely say, "Make it too complex for the eight-year old crashers." They should go gah-gah over Forza: Horizon.

I imagine one way would be if engine builders could post their builds on the storefront (or auction house) so others can benefit from their knowledge. Another way, maybe someone from a partnered company (ex: Motion Software, Inc.) could do voice-over work and teach gamers how better to build certain components? There is a compromise out there, I know it.
Avanti 63r1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sbclowrider on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:19 pm

I say they make it a setting in the game options menu. They have normal and sim steering, why couldn't they do something like that. turn on sim modes or arcade or normal? that might work.
sbclowrider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:22 pm

sbclowrider wrote:I say they make it a setting in the game options menu. They have normal and sim steering, why couldn't they do something like that. turn on sim modes or arcade or normal? that might work.

But if they do that they might not have enough room for Autovista... a very important things for a DRIVING game wouldn't you say?
Remaggib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:51 pm

sbclowrider wrote:I say they make it a setting in the game options menu. They have normal and sim steering, why couldn't they do something like that. turn on sim modes or arcade or normal? that might work.
That would be a viable solution too.

I sent the T10 team what I consider to be an "inspirational e-mail" some time ago. I provided them links to the free downloadable user manuals for the programs that have the features I'm suggesting. Along with those links, I gave them some of my own visions. I suggested:

• … a full partnership with those companies. From here, anything goes.
  • … a partial integration. Meaning, those companies produce "lite versions" for XBox with export capabilities and Forza allows saved files to be imported.
  • … a stand-alone integration. Meaning, T10 employees read the user manuals for those programs and code their own program.

A) If Turn 10 Studios doesn't come out with this type of integration, someone else should (and will eventually) as it's the natural progression in this genre. B) Dan Greenawalt's father-in-law builds engines. He spoke of this in one of the interviews leading up to Forza 4's release. C) I'm a patient person, I can wait for things to happen.

Since the D.D. series, those companies have released other software; they added Fast Lap Sim and Drag Sim software. Each of the sibling programs can export/import each others' files. F.L.S. helps tune a chassis for any of the 40 included tracks in their software* or any track of your own design. D.S. allows the user to test parts before getting to the strip. A user may save a D.D. file, import it to either F.L.S. or D.S. and test run it on a track in a chassis. This is what Forza Motorsport has always been about. Forza also recently branched into the realm of drag racing. Nearly any type of partnership would be beneficial to both parties.

*40 real world tracks available for the sharing of information. Here is the technical layout for Portland International Raceway. Want to create your own track? Studying this is a good start.

I'd be happy if by the next F.M. we were given the ability to swap more parts across parent/sibling companies, tune a chassis ×4 corners, and have pit options. I will accept steps in a slow but steady state, I just want to see progression as the series carries along. In my opinion, the jump from 3 to 4 wasn't enough, that's why I pick on (allegedly it's F.M. 4) so much.
Avanti 63r1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum