Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

IFCA and League Unification

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IFCA and League Unification

Post  Simcik on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:35 pm

To learn more about IFCA, click here.

This came to me from IFCA today:

In light of therecent release of FM5 and its adverse effect on the league racing community, with fewer cars and tracks, and fewer league features than FM4, we see that as a minority community we need to try to do more to be heard by T10.

There are manyminority groups within the Forza community, but none are as well organized and passionate about Forza than the hardcore league racers.  Until now this fact has not been very usefulto organized league racers or T10 because league racers have no unified voice to contend with.  They have no sanctioningbody, no union, no single voice to be heard, and no organized solidarity to speak of.

It was thought bymany league leaders over the years, from the IFCA to TORA to VM to FSCS, that being “in” with T10 would grant us some sort of minor influence on how the game would evolve.  But everyone has sincecome to the bitter realization that no such influence was ever being offered or intended by T10. FM5 is just the latest and most striking example that no matter how “friendly” a league is with T10, you will not be granted any sway or say so about what the game should be like.

The popular opinionfor why this is so, is because even the largest league or club is a tiny fraction of the overall Forza community. And that even if you add all the larger leagues and clubs together it isbut a small minority of racers in the scheme of things. 

Our belief is that itis the hardcore fan of any game that makes up the backbone of a strong and healthy sport. That without the hardcore fan there would be no hardcore racers, and therefore no fanatical attraction to the sport.

In order to grow ouradmitted minority into a more unified and recognized force we believe we must try to come together. It would be farmore influential to have a more unified relationship with all the leagues and clubs is our point.  Doing so would giveus greater visibility and weight in the eyes of T10.

As with any real lifemotorsport, there is always a sanctioning upper body that is separate and apart from a series, league, club, or team owners.  Whether it is the FIA in Formula 1, or IMSA inAmerican sports cars, it is these independent sanctioning bodies that give credence and credibility to a motor sport. 

It is the intent ofthe IFCA to support a sanctioning body as a means of cooperating with all leagues and clubs so as to strengthen our sport in a more unified fashion.  That body should be fully independent of anyleague or club, and have limited powers pertaining to league activity.  They would be responsible for promoting andsponsoring official events organized by the leagues, as well as establishing a professional ranking system.  They wouldalso help financially by providing prize money.

Some of you mayalready know of just such an entity. It’s called the, “Forza League Racers.” They are the same group who approached the IFCA last year asking to useour league’s driver ratings system.  Wegave them permission to run with it and improve it as they saw fit.  They have rated races from the IFCA, toSimRacers, to NSARL, to FMUK, to FSCS, to XPLR, to iRUF, and TYA Racing, and are hoping to rate even more leagues this year.

The people at FLRunderstand that without your support they can do nothing.  They also see that with their support of you,Forza racers can become a major player to be reckoned with.  With that said we hope and encourage you tosupport FLR by letting your club and league leaders know about them, and then sending FLR your race results to be rated at forzaleagueracers@yahoo.com

FLR is not a club orleague you can join.  They have nomembership.  There is nothing to sign-upfor on their site. They don’t organize races, or tell leagues how to organize races.  All they primarily do is raterace results and publish them.  All youhave to do is send them the results from any race you associate with to forzaleagueracers@yahoo.com  

FLR will accept anyrace results from anyone.  Doesn’t haveto be from the league organizer or club leader, anyone can send in the results even if it is just to see what the ratings would look like.

To find out moreabout FLR, the worldrankings , the ratings andthe Pitstop Blog ,go to www.forzaleagueracers.com

As rank and filemembers and fans of Forza league racing, we here at the IFCA ask you to ask your leaders to support all Forza leagues so that we can build a coalition that can have a determined influence on the way our favorite racing game is made in the future.

Thank you for yoursupport.

IFCA Staff

Sounds interesting, and right in line with my ideas about our community and how to grow it. I'm curious to know what your opinions are of sending our information to the FLR and trying to also bridge the gap with some other organizations. IMO, we shouldn't be slowing down right now. I understand that there is a new console and it's the holidays, but I like racing with you guys and I miss having a race to prep for. I know there is some stuff in the works, but we really need more than 6 of us to show up regularly too. This is where the recruiting of new members comes in, and often times the best place to start looking is in other leagues. The racers are better, they know how to race, and they can open the door to even more racers and new series for us to participate in.

A central community like FRL may provide, and recognition outside of our small group would go a long way to ensuring that our races were always full of skilled and respectful drivers.

So, do you guys think it is worth trying to participate in something like this?
Simcik
Admin

View user profile http://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: IFCA and League Unification

Post  StalkerStang on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:52 pm

It would be nice to become more recognized and have regular racing, but like you said, our 4-6 racer turnout for our series races isn't gonna cut it.

Our boys ar Nein-Shiza have bigger turnouts than us. I'm racing a Monday race with them currently and we had a 14 car turnout with 2 regular people not showing up. Recruiting may be a necessary evil, I say that because for every 5-6 people that are new to us, one might stick around and become a regular racer with us.

Aside from our own issues, we have lost people to iRacing that I think were key to us providing a fun and organized racing atmosphere. The ones we have not lost seem to have lost interest in Forza all together..... Some of it I understand, and there isn't a whole lot we can do about it.

I'm still working on my 90's cars, and I plan to make a more official post about it, but I think we should figure out what we want out of this site/club/entity before we do anything.....

Also..... poeple need to sort out their damn connection issues..... I know Forza's servers are to blame at times, but it seems our group always has this issue.... How the hell can we have more new comers when we have severe connection issues all the time?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:01 pm

We too have had big turnouts, though not recently. Allow me to hold up the parade for a moment.

None of what we say or do is going to make a lick of difference if the crew at Turn 10 Studios has it set in their minds to make their target audience pre-teens, the 10% market of females in France, and to those just getting their feet wet in the automotive world. Turn 10 also has it in their mind that 1080p at 60 frames per second and showing the orange peel in paint is desired. You know, for the hardcore folks that's not necessary and is categorized as frosting. If there's room at the end of development to include that? Phenomenal! However, 720p at 30 frames per second would be accepted if the title contained more racing, building, tuning, and multi-player features. Turn 10 Studios' vision does not match our desires. It really is that simple.

In becoming a large unified entity, we would do far better to put the message out to other software developers that we want a Desktop Dyno, FastLap Sim, Drag Sim + iRacing + Sports Car GT + [Gran Turismo, Forza] + Project CARS -esque product and that we're willing to wait 3 to 5 years for something to drop on both PS4 & Xbox One platforms. If in doing so it caught the eyes of Turn 10 Studios, all the better. The fact we came from Forza and are clamoring for any other developer to pick up our ball and run with it, should be lights in the sky to other companies that they could steal a market share from a competitor.

Some of the credits in previous Forza titles have a "Babies born during Forza's development" section. What other companies do this? Turn 10 is either saying Forza took longer than 40 weeks [times each birth, minus overlapping time] to develop. Uh, duh! Or they're listing their target demographics 7-ish years early. Rem, I found your 8-year old crashers!

In my most humble opinion, Turn 10 Studios is creating Forza Motorsport to a level far below hardcore racers' desire and they won't give up their position because they want to cater to those barely interested in automobiles. Someone has to fill that gap and Turn 10 is better than others there. Turn 10 can bat lead-off and number 2. We need to align the heart of our order (3, 4, 5 hitters) with solid companies to fill our desire.

I am content to hang with our forum crew and make visits to the official Forza forums to pick up a bit more interest when needed mostly because a larger group of us won't change Forza Motorsport at its core; Forza Motorsport is what it is at this point. If we unify, we unify to rally a new game.
Avanti 63r1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:08 pm

I love our core group of guys and intend to stay in contact with all of you.  Although we're not racing much together, we've been together for quite some time.  I always try to add input where I can, however I'm limited on the Forza 5 front because I don't have the system or the game.  I can just speak for what I read and what you guys say.  I've stated my frustrations with Turn 10 but also tip my hat to them.  The Forza series certainly helped springboard my love of sim racing.

TuxTshirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maxximilllion on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:19 am

I echo Avanti's statements, we are not the "new" money or demographic, we are already down in their books as purchasers/counted revenue. If anybody from TORA, (or other large group), think they have the ear of the decision makers, they are seriously mistaken. 

This brings to light exactly what the email sent out is about and I will have this conversation with you guys privately.
maxximilllion

View user profile http://www.neinshiza.net84.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid on Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:31 pm

maxximilllion wrote:I will have this conversation with you guys privately.

Sweet.... Sims box has lots of room.  I look forward to your private correspondence eloquently berating all the things I say and do.  I enjoy it.

Win The Day! I love my Ducks!
Ex US Squid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OLDFenderBender on Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:09 am

Ex US Squid wrote:
maxximilllion wrote:I will have this conversation with you guys privately.

Sweet.... Sims box has lots of room.  I look forward to your private correspondence eloquently berating all the things I say and do.  I enjoy it.
That's to be expected anyway.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top