Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Jumping ship...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jumping ship...

Post  Remaggib on Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:24 pm

So, before I rant or whatever I'm going to do, I want to apologize for missing last night's Twin Ring 150 race. I got to work early, geared up, and began cleaning out a bedroom that 3 weeks ago was the scene of a murder. Apparently this guy went crazy and took a machete to his wife, many times, to the point where when he was finished she was nearly decapitated. As you can imagine, there was a lot of blood. On everything. The force of his swings caused blood to fly clear across the room and paint the walls even the furthest point away from the bed. Yeah, she was in bed when he did this. Anyways, with help from a co-worker, we had to gut the bedroom. We had a 7 hour window in which to do this before the dumpster (rented just for this cleaning) was picked up. I moved faster and worked harder than I can remember in recent history. And sweat more as well. We were decked head to toe with protective gear, including odor blocking respirators. I'm asthmatic so wearing a mask for 7 hours did a number on my lungs. A couple hours after work, I was having severe chest pains, rapid heartbeat, and shooting pain down my left arm. So, ER visit was in order. I didn't get out until well after the race was over, so I missed the whole thing. Which sucks, I was looking forward to it.

Now, to the jumping ship part. With the release of the XBox 1 and the Playstation 4, sooner or later I will have to upgrade from my 360. However, with all the problems I've seen just trying to get even half a room together and racing on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday nights, I haven't been pleased with having to pay for access to online capabilities that are extremely flawed at best. Granted, it seems like the PS4 may require subscription fees just like the current 360 and future 1. Nonetheless, I've only heard of 1 bad thing of PS's online, and that was the 2 weeks that their online was down. Other than that, I've heard it's much smoother and much less buggy. With the Forza franchise becoming more disappointing with every release starting at 3, I don't really see much desire for me to continue giving Microsoft money. Most of what I do on consoles anymore is Grand Theft Auto, and I used to play COD titles online, before Black Ops 2 came out and crapped on my heart. So I think when the time comes, I will be purchasing a PS4. I've made very good friends online since Forza 2 was released, and I won't be happy to leave my friends, but it just makes sense for me to actually enjoy playing online, versus being annoyed when I play online. So yeah, kind of a rant, whether or not it makes sense or is too wordy, whatever. Dealing with constant migraines the past 8 days is beginning to wear on my vocabulary.No
Remaggib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jumping ship...

Post  Simcik on Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:34 pm

I'll be sad to see you go if/when you do. In the mean time, buy the Muscle Car pack. Sounds like we are sticking around FM4 for a while yet, and the group wants to do another Twin Ring style event.
Simcik
Admin

View user profile http://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:41 am

I'd hate to see you go as well Rem. I hope you take care of your health and get back to your routine.

I'll try to keep myself from saying too much regarding FM4 and the X1. I do beleive there are flaws that should have been taken care of, however, I also feel there are far many more positives to the Forza series than all the negative ones we can never catch a break from hearing about.

I'll be on X1(on Friday!), just sold my PS3, and I'll be on FM4 when/if something is going on there.

Good luck.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:27 pm

Hope you start feeling better Rem.  Your health is what's important, not what console you play on.
Sorta05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:43 pm

Sorta05 wrote:Hope you start feeling better Rem.  Your health is what's important, not what console you play on.
This.....oh and, I love you Rem.

TuxTshirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:38 am

Too bad we're too far away geographically for a man-hug Sad
Remaggib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content