Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A virtual scene

Go down

A virtual scene Empty A virtual scene

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:52 pm

I've made this exact attempt about a dozen times and couldn't get it to work. If it doesn't work this time, I apologize in advance for MediaFire's ineptitude. I've used them before though they're now ad-based.

Eureka! I've figured out how to make it work though I'm sorry for the small inconvenience. I can't hotlink or else adf.ly inserts a stupidly retarded advertising page into the mix and it screws with my desired results.

Notes:
  • This is a .mov file; an interactive picture.
  • The best application to open a .mov file is Quicktime from Apple, though I'm sure there are alternatives.
  • Download the file to your computer first, then open.

Alright then! To make this work first type http://www.mediafire.com (the forum automatically hotlinks that part) into your browser and then amend /?47ujmukll3rod2d to its tail. Click to download the 4.78MB file.

Let's get to the details, shall we? I have made the decision to unveil the cloak of secrecy. This image is but a fraction of my overall plan and I hope seeing this sample will better help all come to a solid voting decision in the other thread. If you have visited a real estate website and taken a virtual tour of a house, that's akin to what I want to achieve. I want to have most everybody's car available to look at in one walkable scene. The finished product will enable you the ability to click hotspots and view the picture from assorted locations.

Placement of cars is going to get tricky. I really wish I could have some racers stay on the track while other racers left and came back with other cars (for racers whom have raced multiple cars). Between now and the photo I'll brush up on my director skills. A plan of this magnitude is going to require everyone's patience and careful placement driving.

Edit:
For this photograph to work I need cars arranged in circular patterns. We can choose from:

• a nose-in pinwheel
  • a back-in pinwheel
  • a bumper-to-bumper circle
  • any combination thereof

Chances are I'll shoot from the middle of each cluster. Depending upon how far away each cluster is to one another, maybe a shot between the groups if our surroundings are very scenic or not-so.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum