Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sim rig beginnings...

+3
Remaggib
TuxTshirt
Sorta05
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sim rig beginnings... - Page 2 Empty Re: Sim rig beginnings...

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Josh on ze bass wrote:
TuxTshirt wrote:I believe the NVIDIA cards can't run trips unless you have two cards, which you do.  I don't know how to set that up because I've never done it.  That's one of the reasons I went with an AMD card because I knew all I needed was an adapter.  This is what it is.  Cheap and effective.  I'm also unfamiliar with the software used to setup your monitors. 

Rem, log into iRacing and check out this thread.  It should help you sort it out.  Check out the links in the original post.

Hey I dunno if this helps any but I've got a single nvdia gtx670 card,  it runs 3 monitors flawlessly.  Occasionally plug in a 4th for the hell of it.  The Nvidia software to run thriple monitors is really easy.  So easy I figured it out all by myself with out my nerd friends helping me out Smile

Ps.  How the hell do I change it in this forum so everything in the typing screen isn't flippin white? Razz

See that?  Goes to show how much I know about NVIDIA cards.  I remembered reading much about them and opted for the AMD for simplicity, but it appears it would have been ok either way.  Anyway, Rem, that thread helped me to get my stuff sorted out.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:44 am

Well, if I can somehow find $850 I could upgrade my video card to run 3 monitors on a single card. Of course, to utilize the card's abilities, I'd need a new motherboard that supports the card's speed. Which would then require me to get a processor with the motherboard. And since I have a new motherboard and my old one would go in my wife's computer, I'd need memory. So yeah, the 850 would be for motherboard, processor, memory, and video card. And that's the bottom end of middle of the road stuff. If not the upper end of cheapo stuff. 

Any website detailing how to set up the options is relatively useless to me, as I don't have the options I am supposed to select to run triple monitors. So here's where I'm at. I'm now running a 24" monitor because my wife has my 27" since I got the triple monitor setup. My 2 side monitors just sit there, turned off. I can't set up my triple monitors for any gaming, just as additional monitors should I want to have 3 internet pages open at once or something. Oh well. Maybe I'll sell all this stuff, my boat, my van, and a bunch of other belongings and buy lottery tickets. Then when I win the jackpot, I can finally afford a system that can run 3 screens.  Sad
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Rem, what video card do you have?  What operating system are you running?
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:48 pm

Windows 7 64 bit, ultimate? Maybe? One of the higher 7's. And I'm running a pair of 1gb Geforce 9800 GT cards in SLI. I've downloaded the newest drivers, and then even downloaded a beta driver. Either I'm doing something wrong or the one webpage I read was right: I can't run 5760x1080 with a 9 series Geforce card. The only thing I haven't tried is disconnecting my SLI bridge and running all 3 screens without the bridge. If that's the whole problem I'm going to be pissed at myself for just thinking of that now. Evil or Very Mad
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:36 pm

How do you have the monitors plugged into the cards?  I know you said DVI on all three.  What do you have, two into one card and one into the other?
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:50 am

Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:13 pm

TuxTshirt wrote:How do you have the monitors plugged into the cards?  I know you said DVI on all three.  What do you have, two into one card and one into the other?

Yep, exactly.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:15 am

Are there any other ports on the back of your cards, or just the two DVI ports?
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:59 pm

If I remember right, when I was studying up on this I thought you had to use a display port?  That might just be for the later gen cards though. 

Rem, have you been using eyefinity to configure the monitors?  Windows won't/can't recognize three screens or the native resolution of all three without the radeon software (not sure what the nvidia equivalent is).
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:58 am

Here's what I've got so far.  Just aboot done.   Sim rig beginnings... - Page 2 Rig10
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:35 pm

Nice Josh!  How do you like those viewsonic screens?
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum