Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR Discussion

+8
Simcik
HarlenAss
Remaggib
Avanti 63r1025
C4PT41N SL0W
Smus
Ex US Squid
TuxTshirt
12 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

NASCAR Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: NASCAR Discussion

Post  TuxTshirt Sat May 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Oh my goodness!! Here's the video of the crash. Eric McClure was airlifted. Sounds like he was conscious though. Prayers be with him.

TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun May 06, 2012 9:54 am

Just heard on Nascar Now that his family told them he was alert and talking with them so thats a huge relief after seeing how he had to be taken out of the car.... That car looked like a cruise missile on a direct flight path into the wall.... I got no spoilers so when I watched it happen it made me cringe the same way when Steve Park or Elliot Sadler wrecked at Pocono... just nasty lookin.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Fri May 11, 2012 1:37 am

Man I was annoyed how I couldnt remember the name of Indy driver Eddie Cheever Jr earlier tonight when I was making a reference to his spin of Dale Earnhardt Sr in an IROC race at Daytona.... Well I had to look it up so heres the video of the save Dale made at 160 and he never lifted! Thats why he was the man! Second video is a replay of the whole race it looks like.

Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri May 11, 2012 2:20 am

Kudos to anyone who finds the following video or who remembers this. It had to have been in the middle to later '90s.

Mr. Rainbow Warrior was leading and I believe it was Mark Martin in 2nd. They were coming to the line and Mark started a PIT maneuver on Jeff. Well Jeff spent some time in his youth racing dirt tracks. Jeff kept his car sideways and crossed the line in that manner.

Post race interview, M. Martin said, "You can't fucking beat him, he's too fucking good!" It may not have been Martin in 2nd, though whomever it was said that in the interview (complete with the TV station pushing the bleep button).

Last edited by Avanti 63r1025 on Fri May 11, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Fri May 11, 2012 9:38 am

I couldn't find the Jeff Gordon one that you mentioned Avanti, but here's some more incredible Dale Sr. The famous "Pass in the Grass" that isn't a pass.

I don't know why it didn't put the video on the forum.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat May 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Yeeaaaaahhhh baby!!! J-48, J-I-N-G-O!!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun May 13, 2012 12:07 am

Just came across this from last week. Pretty funny.

TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun May 13, 2012 12:15 am

Yea in the Nationwide Logano straight dumped Sadler on the restart... made Logano look like a retarded rookie rather than a Cup driver with experience. The most annoying part about it was his completely bullshit apology that made him come off like a 7year old that was forced to say he was sorry by his mom even though he couldnt care less. He surely isnt anywhere near the caliber of driver everyone hyped the twig up to be over the past few years.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon May 14, 2012 9:11 pm

In the words of Josh in ze Ruf, "Yayuh!". I just ordered my Pocono 400 tickets baby!
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon May 14, 2012 9:40 pm

So where are we seated in the stands? I assume since we are partners now that you will be guilted into including me along for the race. Cant wait for my first Pocono race in person. Oh and what flight did you book me to fly out there on? Better be first class or Ill take it out on yer bumper bounce
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed May 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Hey look!!! Aston Martin is getting into Nascar!!!... Errrrr.. WAIT A MIN?!?! Gee I wonder where the FoMoCo designers got their inspiration for this model???

NASCAR Discussion - Page 4 2013-ford-fusion
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed May 16, 2012 10:07 pm

Pretty sweet looking, I think. Ford got the inspiration from the new Fusion obviously, and the Fusion got it's inspiration from Aston, obviously.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed May 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Kurt Busch.......I rest my case.

On top of it, he's on probation until the end of July with a $50,000 fine for almost running over some of Newman's crew members. Yeah, Kurt Busch almost ran over some PEOPLE because he was upset about a race. Scumbag, if you hate your fucking job so much, do something else. You won't be missed.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed May 16, 2012 11:30 pm

Aye aye aye!

That audio clip reminded me of Happy Gilmore, the part when he was first televised, cursing at the ball not going into the hole and the TV prompters were scrambling for the bleep button.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Thu May 17, 2012 1:26 am

You know Im a crusty ol Sailor and Im not gonna lie, for the most part I go out of my way not to curse nearly as much as I would prefer just because others may not appreciate it like we sailors do but that ahole even made me go "damn Kurt, ya mind easin up on the Fbombs... I get it, you got sand in your vagina but no worries cause the Vagasil car is passing out free samples so Ill hook ya up so you can stop being such a sour pussy."

What a cock bite.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Thu May 17, 2012 12:36 pm

You gotta love ol' Smoke... been a fan of his since his rookie year

As for Kurt (and Kyle) Bush, I've never really liked them much. I guess that's what he gets for leaving a good team for a shit team
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Thu May 17, 2012 4:45 pm

Captain he sure as hell didnt leave by any means other than the literal definition of moving on to another team. The whole public wording of "mutual decision to part ways" between Kurt and Penske only shows you just how epically classy Roger Penske is as a race team owner. Behind the Music so to speak its widely known to all that follow Nascar closely that Kurts tirades like the one you heard in the vid from Darlington of this year were common and Roger attempted to quell the shitstorm that was Kurt Busch in hopes that, like at Roush, Kurt would bring Roger a Cup Title. Seeing that Kurt was not making any progress in his driving over the last couple seasons Roger and the team became less and less willing to deal with his attitude. Kurt most likely was going to be let go I have heard after Steve Addington said F this and let the team know before the end of the season last year that he was leaving. And at Homestead the way he epically spazzed out all race long and eventually when pulling into the garage flipped the bird to the "First Ladies" entourage for causing him a minor second or two delay was flat out the nail in the coffin for Kurt at Penske. Kurt got fired. Plain and simple. But to help Kurt save face one last time Roger publicly let it be known they "mutually" came to the decision to part ways. We all know better. I knew this guy was a POS but the vid from Darlington was over the top. Thats absolutely the kind of spazzing that can put normal folks like you and I in deep anger management therapy and most companies will fire workers for that behavior. Could you imagine if Tom Brady, Phil Mickelson. or Kobe Bryant went on a rant like that during a game or match????
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Thu May 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Hey Kurt, try my job for a few weeks. I bet you'll hate it too. However, you don't see me trying to run over other people because I'm upset about a warranty time. And if I did, I'd be arrested, not fined. Unbelievable, the guy drives a racecar every week and gets paid for it. Most people pay big money to do what he does every week. It goes to show you how out of touch this guy is. Tragic.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Thu May 17, 2012 5:44 pm

And for the most part both Kurt and Kyle are alike with this attitude although I feel Kurt may be the worst of the two. And if you harken back not to long ago ol Richard Childress took it upon himself to go rearranging Kyles nose while he had Kyle in a headlock. Now that was to the lesser of the two evils so I cant believe the last time Kurt got his teeth pushed in was by Jimmy Spencer way back in 03 or 04! And I listened to Ryan Newman on RaceHub and Ryan says that when they crossed the checkered flag he glanced in his rearview while going through turn 1 and 2 and said he noticed Kurts car go from the left and slide way up high into the wall as if he cut down a tire. Ryan then said he got out of his car on pit road and walked back to Kurts car after Kurt came roaring up behind Ryans car and blasts into the 39 car. When he got to Kurts car Ryan says he asked him "So whats the problem here?" to which Kurt replied with a sheepish "Oh nothing, brakes are gone and couldnt stop". What a female cockbite. I wish Kurt would have shown some balls and went on a tirade to Ryans face so big ol Newman would have gotten pissed and drug Kurt out of his car by his plastic surgery modified ears and body slammed him to the ground like a Middle Linebacker does to a Wide Out goin over the middle blindly and then some MMA style ground and pound for good measure. Sighhhhh Rolling Eyes I can wish cant I?
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Thu May 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Epic finish to your post there Squid... it's always nice seein' a good ol' ground and pound
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sat May 19, 2012 12:03 am

So I finally have found solid info on the NASCAR The Game 2012!!! Heres the link
NASCAR The Game to release in Fall 2012

Heres what was said -
Eutechnyx will be following up 2011's NASCAR The Game: 2011 with the fall 2012 launch of NASCAR The Game: Inside Line for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii platforms, a press release confirms. The developer's first crack at the pro racing license for Activision fell a bit short of the mark, as our NASCAR The Game: 2011 review states, but Activision's clearly has faith in the follow-up.

And why not? Eutechnyx is known best these days for its free-to-play PC racer, Auto Club Revolution. The long-lived studio also has a ton of racing sims on its resume. Executive producer Dave Thompson promises a number of improvement in the 2012 NASCAR game, including a newly revised career mode in which you can "rise up through the ranks, attract sponsors, and upgrade [your] car's components in the quest to be the Spring Cup Series Champion. There are also new online features "that include realistic race weekends."

You can keep up with how the game is taking shape on its official website. You'll also want to stay tuned for more details as E3 '12 draws closer.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat May 19, 2012 12:47 am

Heck yeah! Thanks for the update Squid.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

NASCAR Discussion - Page 4 Empty KnickNamin

Post  Ex US Squid Sun May 20, 2012 5:57 am

Damn Roush went a lil to fragile and balls out on the engines and Carl Edwards and Greg Biffle blew er up pretty big as a result. Tell you what though AJ "Dinger" Allmendinger got my vote for drive of the race after getting a flat on the parade lap and having to follow the pace car onto pit lane as the All Star Open went green yet drove his car all the way through the field to finish second behind Dale "Junebug" Jr. And I always assumed there was some animosity between Kevin "Happy" Harvick and Paul "No Personality" Menard considering they always would choose to draft with anybody but each other at the plate tracks but dang! After Paul ruffed Kevin a bit, Kevin let Paul know his displeasure by ruffing up Menards car a bit. After the race Paul said that hes not surprised that Kevin retaliated and that Harvick hasnt shown him any respect since Paul got to RCR.

Seems that Kevin and Paul just dont have that special relationship like myself and my plate track girlfriend TuxTshirt. But we just have that rare deep connection and drafting bromance. And speaking of Tuxer, Congrats to Jimmie "Badass pose after 2000 Busch series Glen wreck" Johnson for kicking ass on that last restart! He nailed the restart and walked the field back to the checkers. Man it was so freakin great to see Speed Channels RaceDay with Kenny "Herminator" Wallace, Kyle "Son of a King" Petty, Rutlege "Only reason to watch US TopGear" Wood and Wendy "Coolest Chick on Speed" Venturini. Wendy would make an awesome drinkin buddy! I think Michelle Beads" Beadle of ESPNs SportsNation is the coolest chick on sports TV though. Super awesome personality and doesnt hurt that shes pretty hot taboot haha. Cant wait for the 600!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun May 20, 2012 11:26 am

Yeah man! The "six-hunnert" should be good. Charlotte is an awesome track that breeds action. Yeah, "Happy" and "No personality" should take notes on how to bump draft properly from Tux "pitwall Tshirt and Ex US "gentle pusher" Squid. Shameful.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun May 20, 2012 12:57 pm

You should hear the crybabies on nascar.com after Jimmie's All-star win. It's entertaining.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next