Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post-series photo

+5
Smus
Josh on ze bass
Remaggib
Ex US Squid
Avanti 63r1025
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

At what track should we shoot the photo

Post-series photo I_vote_lcap33%Post-series photo I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
Post-series photo I_vote_lcap11%Post-series photo I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Post-series photo I_vote_lcap33%Post-series photo I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
Post-series photo I_vote_lcap0%Post-series photo I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Post-series photo Empty Post-series photo

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:09 pm

Hello American Iron racers, I want to draw your attention to the addition I made at the end of the schedule.

Please vote for the track of your choice. You may change your vote though you may not vote for more than one track at one time. Ideally I'd like the track to be in the U.S. and for it to be a real track. Barring a mistake on my part the vote will end on March 24th.

I will have a method of photographing everybody's car in one photo, yes, even builds you raced in the past and both classes will be featured in the photograph.

Last edited by Avanti 63r1025 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post-series photo Empty Re: Post-series photo

Post  Ex US Squid Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:35 pm

I chose Indy only for the photogenic quality of the light textures there... the track doesnt have to many overly bright or dark shadow spots plus theres more room there than Sims box!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:22 am

I'll vote Indy for now, gotta get out and look at the photo ops at these tracks to see if I change my mind.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:55 am

I chose Infineon mainly because it was closest to where I live. but in actuality I think Indy's front stretch would be grand.
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:49 am

I like all of the choices...but i have gone for indy as of now.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:08 pm

Here is more information to possibly skew your decision.

For this photo, I'm thinking of a Concours d'elegance style where we won't necessarily be on the racing surface. We may group in the Andretti hairpin sand trap at Laguna Seca or on the grassy infield areas of Indianapolis.

Squid is on the right train of thought in bringing up a track's photogenic qualities. It's a shame we can't go to places other than the digitally designed places. Infineon has a location behind and adjacent to the turn 3 grandstands, and Mazda Raceway has what they've termed "lake bed parking" nestled between Andretti hairpin and turn 5. These are places where car corrals are set up for A.L.M.S. events.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:58 pm

I suppose at the end of the lap on the Full or Nascar configuration that Infineons... screw that I mean Sears Point's Hairpin has that open infield area with all the cool asphalt sponsors but Im the last person to go to Im sure when it comes to photog ideas. In Art classes I am the ahole that draws stick figures
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Ex US Squid wrote: In Art classes I am the ahole that draws stick figures

At least you have that much artistic talent! Probably still more than me.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am

I added Sebring to the list.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:33 pm

Thinkin' about it, I think the "chute" between turns 7 and 8 at Sears Point (Infineon) might be an alright place to take a large group photo... that blue Nor Cal sky and rollin' hills of Sonoma county in the background lol
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:54 am

I forgot about it initially, though Sebring was the site of the initial Trans-Am event. I don't know if anyone feels nostalgic 'n all. Very Happy Keep the location ideas flowing folks.

Here's a tip/hint: If one group of (ex: 4, 7, 10) cars can be visible from another group (the complement of 16) of cars, we can have two separate groups and they'll still be in the photo. So for an example at Indy. If one group of 7 cars is in the sand on one side of the track, and the other group of 9 cars is in the grass on the other side of the track, they'll still be visible in the finished product, albeit in the distance but you'll be able to "walk" over to them.

The "A.I. guys" are my guinea pig group for these photos. If all goes well and the image turns out great, I'll offer these services on the FM.net forums under media.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:39 am

No worries, Im ex military so Im used to the guinea pig feeling pig
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  HarlenAss Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:57 am

American Iron racers... I checked out all the American tracks last night for photo op's. I think the runoff area a Sebring's hairpin is a good location. Huge green grass area, room for 20-25 cars.
Lighting is good and coming from a good angle (very important for good results). There is a impressive resort hotel in the background for our gathering. Avanti said he wanted an de' elegant. Another spot but much smaller is just pass the bridge and at entrance to the pit. Tents, fuel depot, and other infield builds are present. Again lighting is correct angle. Avanti I gifted you three quick pics to look at. Gonna have detail my car before arrival.... Very Happy

HarlenAss
HarlenAss

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:01 pm

Here is where I would start my research if I were looking to spin this into a Forza series but Tux may have used a different source.

Ooh, what's this? In the sixth paragraph of text I spy, "… several methods of equalization, including race car weight, tire size and engine RPM limits to provide an even playing field …" For the next version of Forza Motorsport, Turn 10 must pay attention and open the doors of possibility even more wide.

To be able to add chassis ballast and force a certain rev. limit on competitors would be blessings to the online Forza stewards. Then there's my favorite of building engines.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:44 am

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:Here is where I would start my research if I were looking to spin this into a Forza series but Tux may have used a different source.

Ooh, what's this? In the sixth paragraph of text I spy, "… several methods of equalization, including race car weight, tire size and engine RPM limits to provide an even playing field …" For the next version of Forza Motorsport, Turn 10 must pay attention and open the doors of possibility even more wide.

To be able to add chassis ballast and force a certain rev. limit on competitors would be blessings to the online Forza stewards. Then there's my favorite of building engines.

It would be nice to get more involved in the process of creating your perfect car, or at least a car the way you want it with in reason. And you should be able to choose the brand you put in too, just like we were talkin' about in the AIX lobby last Friday night
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:16 am

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:Here is where I would start my research if I were looking to spin this into a Forza series but Tux may have used a different source.

Unfortunately, thanks to Forza, I am unable to stay within the guidelines on that page. I built these cars based LOOSELY on the Grand Am rulebook. However, the models themselves are a close representation of the series.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:57 pm

HarlenAss wrote:American Iron racers... I checked out all the American tracks last night for photo op's. I think the runoff area a Sebring's hairpin is a good location. Huge green grass area, room for 20-25 cars.
Lighting is good and coming from a good angle (very important for good results). There is a impressive resort hotel in the background for our gathering. Avanti said he wanted an de' elegant. Another spot but much smaller is just pass the bridge and at entrance to the pit. Tents, fuel depot, and other infield builds are present. Again lighting is correct angle. Avanti I gifted you three quick pics to look at. Gonna have detail my car before arrival.... Very Happy

Getting back on topic, that's a good job Harlen. Way to do some research on foot (so to say). Keep the ideas coming guys.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:46 am

Bumping to get noticed and for more input.

When do we want to shoot this? Shall we do like Shelby after the Sebring race when the Daytona coupe had just run and take our chances with banged fenders Very Happy, or will this be an event of its own?
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:17 am

I guess it depends on how banged up the fenders are. I would do it with clean cars.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Okay, let's schedule the season ending photo on the following Friday, April 6th at the usual time.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:11 pm

Well that went well. Heh. The poll resulted in a tie for first between Indianapolis and Laguna Seca, and there is a three-way going on in second between Sears Point, Road America, and Sebring.

Indianapolis does have good lighting (as Squid brought up) and lots of grassy space for a car show; it wouldn't be a bad choice though neither would any of the other selections. Harlen raised the point about Sebring's background hotel; that's a good choice as well. Who else has an opinion about a particular track?

Also to keep in mind, we can take A.I. at one track and if this picture turns out well enough, we can take a G-A picture at a different track.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:41 pm

I believe I chose Laguna Seca because of the elevation changes. I considered it as a racetrack, if you're just looking for somewhere scenic, there's probably better places. The Sebring idea doesn't sound bad.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:58 am

I say we go one of two directions. We go classy with something like Indy's front stretch. Or go all out, like the mountain backdrop of the Bernese (sp?) Alps.
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Good news! The computer on which I'll be constructing the V.R. tour is up and running; it wasn't up until yesterday. Whew, one hurdle done. Now I need to load the software I'll be using onto that machine and run my test photos through it (I did this for the go-kart track where I worked and still have those pictures). That won't be any time sooner than Wednesday, I'm preparing for my class final. Hopefully it will be before Friday though.

I prefer the picture to be at a real world location, preferably where A.I. races. Regionally I'm pretty certain they hold events at most every U.S. track in Forza 4 so we're covered there.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:55 am

I am going to call on volunteer assistants for this shoot; continue reading and let me know if you have the time and ability to help.

Each perspective shot requires 18 Forza photos and the completed project consists of multiple perspective locations. This is the reason I'm asking for help. In terms of taking pictures, rotate the camera 90° to level, and shoot once every 20° (18×20=360).

I will give out my e-mail address to volunteers so you may send me your cluster(s) of pictures. I believe there is a method of moving picture files directly from XBox to computer, expediting that aspect of the project. This worked in Forza 3 using a USB memory stick and a couple free computer programs.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next