Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is It Just Me?

4 posters

Go down

Is It Just Me? Empty Is It Just Me?

Post  Simcik Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:13 pm

I cannot for the life of me remember where I was reading this - it had something to do with the new Ram 1500 Diesel. Anyway, it's not directly related.

Someone was making the argument that MPG was a ridiculous type of measurement, and that Gallons Per Mile was better.

Now, this strikes me as odd, as they are simply the inverse of one another. 2M/1G is 1G/2M. 2 and .5. Anyway, the article read that the GPM rating was easier to understand and more accurate. They cited the use of L/100km in Europe and Canada, saying that they found that to be more accurate the MPG.

Now, to that I say bullshit. The numbers, like I said, are the same. If you have so many gallons of gas, you can go so far. If you have to go so far, you need so many gallons. They are the same!

Now, the way we test MPGs here (The EPA Cycle) is a load of crap, but that does not affect the MPG vs. GPM terminology at all...

I don't know, it just bugs me when somebody argues for something that is either the same as something else already being done or when they try to use examples (especially with math in them) to convince people.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Is It Just Me? Empty Re: Is It Just Me?

Post  Smus Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:26 pm

I agree...its a distinction without a difference.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:48 pm

Simcik wrote:I cannot for the life of me remember where I was reading this - it had something to do with the new Ram 1500 Diesel. Anyway, it's not directly related.

Someone was making the argument that MPG was a ridiculous type of measurement, and that Gallons Per Mile was better.

Now, this strikes me as odd, as they are simply the inverse of one another. 2M/1G is 1G/2M. 2 and .5. Anyway, the article read that the GPM rating was easier to understand and more accurate. They cited the use of L/100km in Europe and Canada, saying that they found that to be more accurate the MPG.

Now, to that I say bullshit. The numbers, like I said, are the same. If you have so many gallons of gas, you can go so far. If you have to go so far, you need so many gallons. They are the same!

Now, the way we test MPGs here (The EPA Cycle) is a load of crap, but that does not affect the MPG vs. GPM terminology at all...

I don't know, it just bugs me when somebody argues for something that is either the same as something else already being done or when they try to use examples (especially with math in them) to convince people.

I agree, they are the same. Silly argument.

You say it bugs you? Who cares, you can't even remember who "who" is.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:24 am

Who?

Is It Just Me? Dr_tardis_foil_maxi_poster_raw_zps1e513deb
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content