Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

The Half Way Point/Sedona Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Half Way Point/Sedona Review

Post  StalkerStang on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Well not exactly the half-way point, but close. I got 2 things to cover, PWC thus far, and Sedona info/review.

I'm really happy overall with this series, there have been some hiccups, and of course our lag issues and dropping of racers. All in all though its been a blast; we've had super close racing, battles from the front of the pack all the way into the back. The cars are vastly different, yet can compete with eachother as they seem to all posess their own strengths. Even though we have many racers of different skill and driving style we seem to have been pretty tight with the racing.

Remember we are on break this week, enjoy some time with your lady (or man?) friend. I will continue to do my best to make an even playing field between all the racers, and host/manage this series the best I can. I really want to thank you guys for standing by, cooperating wtih my build changes, and helping me make this as much fun as it has been. I look forward to the rest of the season, as well as Doom II!

Now on to Sedona, not as upbeat as the above though. First, it was a very interesting turn of events and when I post the results later, you will see what I mean. We have racers all over the map, and lots of finishing points within 2-3 points of eachother. The race results turned out close to what I was hoping for, however the race conduct and tone was not.

This was an odd track to begin with, but even so, many of us were rather impatient, and it resulted in lots of contact. That contact had much effect on some racers and as a result, they did very poorly. As a whole, this is still somewhat of an issue and we need to continue to work on it. The biggest thing, the begining of the race is very hard and stressfull, lots of cars all going into the same turn. If you have a feeling there may be contact, you need to react to it;

1) If you think you are going too fast into the turn, you are, slow down sooner.
2) If your not sure if you have given someone enough room, you haven't, don't hurt yourself, but give more room if you can.
3) If you have any feeling its not safe to pass, then its not, there are many laps ahead to make your passing moves.
4) Be calm, don't immediately start tearing into someone over chat. I will explain this below.

I hear lots of arguing back and forth early in the race. Some of this is to be expected, but Sedona got out of hand. If you get spun out, bumped off the track, rear-ended, etc. Know that there were probably 4-5 other cars around, the person that hit you may not be at fault. In some cases YOU may be at fault. Thats what I'm here for, I will review and assess penalties as needed. In worst case scenerios like with Sedona, I will restart the race.

Onward to the rest of the series. I have been very leniant with penalties, in fact only assesing a penalty to myself at Sebring. I have only spoke with people about certain matters and in a very light manner. However, starting with Sedona there will be point deductions for repeat offenders. If you are normally a clean racer, don't worry, I will speak with you before I assess penalties.

I have reviewed both Sedona replays and will deal with those who caused chaos individually. I appreciate those who take the time to read this. Enjoy the break, and lets make next race as fun as it normally is.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Half Way Point/Sedona Review

Post  TuxTshirt on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Although I only participated in two race nights, I want to say great job Stalker. I've been staying updated on the PWC. You're putting on a great series and you did one heck of a job getting the builds and the racing close. The talent levels and vehicles all vary, yet the racing is close. Very tough to do in Forza. Also, good pointers on driving safely. Discretion is key in close racing. Good luck with the remainder. If I can reactivate my account I may join a race or two in the future if you'll have me.

TuxTshirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Thanks Tux, you certainly have a hand in this series as well. Thanks to you as well.

As long as I have an open spot, you can run with us. We seem to have 1 or 2 every race.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:32 pm

TuxTshirt wrote:Although I only participated in two race nights, I want to say great job Stalker. I've been staying updated on the PWC. You're putting on a great series and you did one heck of a job getting the builds and the racing close. The talent levels and vehicles all vary, yet the racing is close. Very tough to do in Forza. Also, good pointers on driving safely. Discretion is key in close racing. Good luck with the remainder. If I can reactivate my account I may join a race or two in the future if you'll have me.

Tux, Microsoft sent me a free 1-month XBL code. If you want to race with us, you can have it.
Simcik
Admin

View user profile http://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Awwwww shucks!

TuxTshirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:39 am