Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

3D printers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3D printers

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:05 pm

1) I follow what RT reports much more than the mainstream media.
2) 3D printers are becoming new things and can sell for $2200.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=YqzJlBcCsow#!
The lower receiver is regulated by government. However, if you can build it yourself and not buy the components, it is a legit method of acquiring said piece.

3) Between a 3D printer and a friendly machinist you too can build a firearm. The 3D printed parts (in plastic) may be used to make a mold. A metallurgist can then use the created mold to replicate the plastic part in [insert your metal of choice here]. Worth noting, if you have a machine shop make a part, you could customize said part to suit your needs. Lengthening or shortening a barrel is one example.

I'm going to bring up a parallel here in music sharing. Sharing entire songs is not legal. What solution have the creative used? .torrent files with many people sharing a fraction of the whole. It's not illegal to share a tiny sliver of a song because one person is not providing the whole thing. It's also not illegal for purposely designed software to search the Internet for these tiny slivers of songs and reassemble the parts.

Are "torrent" firearms next? If there's a ban on all firearms sold, key word sold, what about people making and sharing pieces, coupled with the means of reassembling these pieces?

Added in an edit: http://defensedistributed.com/

Last edited by Avanti 63r1025 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Noted.)
Avanti 63r1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3D printers

Post  Smus on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:44 pm

I like the idea! 3D printers are pretty much one of the coolest things ever...I think that entire idea of an "open source" firearm would most likely lead to the greatest weapon ever seen by man...the accuracy of an AR-15 style weapon with the reliability of an AK...perfection.

The entire idea reminds me of Colin Chapman and Lotus' idea to sell cars as kits and to get around the laws and taxes of selling kit cars they included "disassembly instructions" for when you wanted to take your Lotus 7 apart...once you finally got the blasted thing together...how confusing Twisted Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:54 pm

I'd like to get into the 3d printer thing, but am not that smart. My friend though, has or had access to one, and printed up a turbo impeller. He then did the process to actually cast it out of I think zinc. Just as a proof of concept more than anything. Unfortunately during sand blasting he dropped it so it looks messed up in the pictures. But yeah, we could print up guns essentially. There's no way around americans having guns, no matter what they say. Ans as the saying goes, if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. That could be me affraid
Remaggib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:37 am

My dad works with 3D printers.

He works for Karl Storz Imaging. They design surgical cameras, and thats what he uses for some of his designs.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum