Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTS Drivers Please Read

+5
HarlenAss
Smus
Ex US Squid
Sorta05
StalkerStang
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GTS Drivers Please Read Empty GTS Drivers Please Read

Post  StalkerStang Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:51 pm

First off, I want to apologize to you guys for my lack of interaction during the first race; I was feeling very sick and it got worse right after the second heat race. I am feeling ok now though.

But, the first race despite some connection issues was pretty awesome, I heard a lot of battling going on and it was nice to see everyone's positions changing around. The inverted field seems to add some interesting racing and it looks to be working so far.

What I do want to talk about are in race issues. If there is an issue and a driver feels the need for a review, say so. Tell my durring the race, on XBOX Live, or PM here on the forums and I will look over it. I am racing with you guys so I can only do so much durring the race, but I will do something after.

Note the change in schedule for Race #2, but I hope to see everyone back in time for race 2, as well as the racers who couldn't make race 1.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

GTS Drivers Please Read Empty Re: GTS Drivers Please Read

Post  Sorta05 Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Yeah you need to do something about that jackass who put me in the wall on the first turn of the first heat! Cool
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Yea Sorta, what a joke!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:02 pm

Yeah! Totally screwed the pooch for me! God that yellow Mustang...lol
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:18 pm

I feel bad Sorta, sort of.....

But yeah my fault totally, and thats why I waited for ya I knew I screwed it. Sorry about the pit position swap too lol I wasn't expecting that!
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:36 pm

It's alright man I know you didn't mean it... I'm just giving you shit!
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  HarlenAss Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Man that was a fun race!! I gotta apololgize to only one driver to my knowledge and that is Avanti, got into his backend twice on accident (turn one) got him a bit sideways but he soldiered on. The rest of the time it was me getting tagged from the rear. I lost a lot of ground second race ( 3 positions ) in the esses by being put off track from contact. No worries though it will work out. I do think I like the inverted start on the second race, made for some hellacious battles mid pack.

HarlenAss
HarlenAss

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:09 pm

I'm fine with that Harlen. Car's FWD, I just slam the throttle open and steer to keep the car going on a tangent that's acceptable to me. Having said that, anyone with the replay should watch from Harlen's perspective; my car's ass was doing its best metronome impression.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:42 pm

I did watch the contact you speak of Harlen, and I know pretty much what happened and how.

But I'm not going to do much on the first race. Now that we have had a chance to race together though, from race 2 and on, I will speak up if need be regarding those things.

I will say that I am watching certain habits. Mainly track cutting, and over aggressive/dive-bomb type driving.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:47 pm

HarlenAss wrote:Man that was a fun race!! I gotta apololgize to only one driver to my knowledge and that is Avanti, got into his backend twice on accident (turn one) got him a bit sideways but he soldiered on. The rest of the time it was me getting tagged from the rear. I lost a lot of ground second race ( 3 positions ) in the esses by being put off track from contact. No worries though it will work out. I do think I like the inverted start on the second race, made for some hellacious battles mid pack.

Huh huh.......huh huh.........he said he got into his backend. Laughing
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Yeah I got dive-bombed unnecessarily a few times the 2nd race. Luckily for them, not me, I run the far chase view so when I saw the stupid moves I was able to let off the turn and put myself off the track. All in the interest of clean driving. At least I try to race clean even if they don't.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Okay, not that I'm without fault all the time, but c'mon and try to push the Chally if you want. That old girl can take a little dirty dancing...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Remaggib wrote:Yeah I got dive-bombed unnecessarily a few times the 2nd race. Luckily for them, not me, I run the far chase view so when I saw the stupid moves I was able to let off the turn and put myself off the track. All in the interest of clean driving. At least I try to race clean even if they don't.

Hey Rem, there's a point in racing when you ARE justified in putting the fender to someone. You're a known clean racer, perhaps too clean, so don't start it, finish it. Next time someone shows you no respect, return the favor, only make sure you don't wreck yourself.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:59 pm

That's an art I think, I see people wrecking people all the time online, and then I try and I go sailing into a wall and they get a bit sideways and keep going. I'm glad that most people in the series know me as a clean racer, I was accused of just about the opposite, as well as asked about my tuning skills, during the race Thursday. Oh well, once the Camaro gets some help and gets a tad grippier I'll be in business. It seems fast enough, I only lose a little ground on the straights. Just the turns, and I've got it turning like a brick. Better than turning like a wall, which was a few tweaks ago.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:10 am

Trust me, you're far too clean in all honesty. You have the right to the track so fight for it!
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:32 am

It's funny, during the Rolex series if I were in front of anyone my wife would keep telling me to defend my position, not just let people by by slowing down. One of these days I'll get it... I hope!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:29 pm

Tux, I think you would be proud of Rem.

I watched the replays of both races and there was a point where Rem was, well, making his presence known without causing a wreck, I enjoyed watching it Cool
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:49 pm

I am proud of Rem. I'm not sure if he knows, but I'm a secret(not anymore) Rem fan. I would race with him anywhere in anything........including underwear. Errrrrr.......um.....this is getting weird. Embarassed
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:43 pm

That means a lot to me guys, maybe I am starting to grow a pair. Hopefully I can still balance the cojones as well as racing clean-ish. It'll be a tough balance, but once I get the car dialed in or get better in the corners I think I'll have something for the mid-pack. Gotta start somewhere!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:34 pm

I think I'm going to make myself sit and watch the replay (think I only have the 2nd heat) and see if I can Monday morning quarterback myself and look at what I can do differently. I just haven't had much seat time in the Camaro so I'm a little passive in that aspect too.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Don't just watch yourself, also watch people at the front. The biggest gains ivechad is from watching their lines and the braking and acceleration points
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:15 am

Looking forward to this week's race. Hang tight Rem, after 2nd race, I'll start looking at builds and may make alterations.

StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:18 am

Rem Ill sit down for Monday Quarterback with ya anytime if ya want and watch either replay with ya and offer the unsound but surprisingly effective logic I use. Had a blast working with Avanti for the Driving School and hope any of the advice helps! Im gonna be wanting to Forza GTS this week with ya'll so if Im on send me a invite no matter what Im doing and Ill most likely jump on.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:34 am

Cool, going to have to force myself to watch the replay and run some laps, otherwise I'll probably be on iRacing and lose track of time. One thing's for sure, I need all the help I can get with Forza right now lol
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:03 pm

Stalker I'm not going to make this weeks race. My internet connection where I am now is terrible... so unless you want to race a magic floating boss I'm bowing out. I've asked Tux to sub for me if he is available. Hope y'all have a great race!

Sorta
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next