Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raptor or Ram runner?

+3
TuxTshirt
Avanti 63r1025
Sorta05
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Raptor or Ram runner? - Page 2 Empty Re: Raptor or Ram runner?

Post  Simcik Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:12 am

Meh, not impressed...

http://vimeo.com/52444248
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:38 am

Still, this is more my speed.

Gotta love that this is ALL STOCK. And these are the original [reincarnated] versions, not the newest models, which have more power, a stiffer chassis, more suspension travel, and bigger cab with a nicer interior.

My g/f's dad has one of these - an '09 model (older body style, newer VVT Hemi) - and it is no joke. It's a real truck that can do serious work, and play go play anywhere...

Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:50 am

Raptor or Ram runner? - Page 2 8ae5a2b1fac66bd557a857547e9367df

Mmmmmmm....Defender...
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:47 am

I think the biggest thing that hurts the Land Rover is that theyre not properly maintained when they get older. The original owner does the basic maintenance up whenever they trade it in, and the next owner is not financially able to maintain the vehicle as it should. Depreciation on the upfront costs make it easy to buy but not to maintain.

Lets not kid ourselves Land Rovers are luxury vehicles and as a luxury vehicle like any other they require constant maintenance to maintain the systems on board like air ride and electronics. Most times its a lot more to fix them than a standard SUV-type vehicle.

I still love the looks of them though, up until the latest Grand Cherokee I'd have gladly taken a Range Rover over the GC, but its not quite so cur and dried anymore.

I'll admit though, what I'd really love is a Marc G-wagon. Sat in one at an auto show and I felt like an African dictator...it was awesome.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Sim, I could probably find a video where the Jeep was getting owned by the Rover.... I'm not impressed.

Smus, I have to disagree with ya. I fixed way too many brand new Land Rovers to beleive they just aren't being taken care of.

I was payed 8 hours of straight time to go through and reprogram every module in a brand new LR3 because none of the other dealerships that had the car before us could figure out what was wrong with the car. It had strange electrical problems that never went away.

Like I said, I have no dooubt in their off road capability, but they are shit vehicles in general. They look nice though.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:43 pm

StalkerStang wrote:Sim, I could probably find a video where the Jeep was getting owned by the Rover.... I'm not impressed.

Smus, I have to disagree with ya. I fixed way too many brand new Land Rovers to beleive they just aren't being taken care of.

I was payed 8 hours of straight time to go through and reprogram every module in a brand new LR3 because none of the other dealerships that had the car before us could figure out what was wrong with the car. It had strange electrical problems that never went away.

Like I said, I have no dooubt in their off road capability, but they are shit vehicles in general. They look nice though.

I don't know Stalker, that is pretty impressive. Although I think the Wrangler driver is better though. Early on you can see he knows where to steer it. I'd say the Defender is the real deal, I found a video last night where they both matched performance in some pretty tough conditions.

Yeah, Smus. No vehicle, luxury or not, should require constant maintenance. Even entry level cars nowadays have a whole shit ton of advanced features and they don't need constant maintenance.

You were paid 8 hours straight time Stalker!? Congratulations! I'd be lucky to get 7 in one day right now.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:47 pm

Maybe constant was a poor choice of words...but they do require maintainance that is usually more expensive and intensive then an entry level car.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:10 pm

For LR money, just give me one of these with a 6.4L. Please, and thank you!

Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2