Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

More Mopars!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More Mopars!

Post  Simcik on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:39 pm

I was playing around with some of my garage cars, and I may have stumbled upon something wonderful - more elegible Mopars!

I was able to build an AI-eligible 2006 Charger SRT-8 and 2008 Challenger SRT-8. They meet all the official AI rules. They Charger comes in at an A520, and the Challenger is an A531.

The only thing I am iffy about is the displacement. The Mopars both have the 6.1L Hemi. I seem to remember Avanti wanting to limit us to 5.9L.

Guess we'll have to get the boss-man in here for a final call. would be nice to add some more Mopars to the AI ranks...
Simcik
Admin

View user profile http://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mopars!

Post  Smus on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:29 pm

I had actually planned on running my 06 Charger in AI. The issue is the stock wheel size. The Challenger, Charger, and 300C Srt8 all have 20" rims stock. The Pontiac G8 GXP would work as well, but again the stock rims were 19". Max is 18"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:32 pm

Smus wrote:I had actually planned on running my 06 Charger in AI. The issue is the stock wheel size. The Challenger, Charger, and 300C Srt8 all have 20" rims stock. The Pontiac G8 GXP would work as well, but again the stock rims were 19". Max is 18"

You're right about that, but Avanti made that exception in the AIX class, thought he might carry it over to AI.
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Simcik wrote:
Smus wrote:I had actually planned on running my 06 Charger in AI. The issue is the stock wheel size. The Challenger, Charger, and 300C Srt8 all have 20" rims stock. The Pontiac G8 GXP would work as well, but again the stock rims were 19". Max is 18"

You're right about that, but Avanti made that exception in the AIX class, thought he might carry it over to AI.

That would be nice. Just to help out due to the dramatic lack of mopars

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm

So I just had to give the AI Challenger a go and Im running 1:40.xxx in the first handful of test laps with a no aero tune similar to my AIX build minus the wing and seems really freakin stable... I like it. I wanna see if it can be legaled and if so Im not gonna lie I really am tempted to make AI appearance just for giggles and to get a chance to run with you AI hooligans one race... All up to Avanti though... what he says goes so just wait and see I suppose. Ill send ya the tune Sim and see if you like it.

Win The Day! I love my Ducks!
Ex US Squid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Heck we could always just run a mock race beforehand as practice... Just a full length practice. Maybe with computers to up the winnings?
Remaggib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Im game just would need to know a when and where... I made a killer new 90s Wayne County Dodge Boys Pro Stock Mopar livery that I need to post some picks of... But thats for another section I suppose.

Ex US Squid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:10 pm

I didn't drive the Chally yet, but the Charger was super stable around Road America. And it didn't plow... I would give up the PI to get rid of the Neon's twitchiness.
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Yea I was testing at Laguna so if a car was gonna get twitchy and unstable itd be there but I was rather pleased with the AI handling Challenger. The lighter more powerful AIX car with the sticky tires has forced me to run some large aero numbers.... I think Im at 50% settings give or take 5-10lbs front to rear. Its a great car though once you dive in and really start getting used to it.

Ex US Squid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:45 pm

• 2006 Charger
  • 2008 Challenger
  • 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP

We can carry over the wheel dimensions to AI-class. Displacement is a concern due to the increase in torque it brings, though if they can still meet the 9.5:1 and 9.0:1 reg's. I'll allow them. As was mentioned above, this will allow Chrysler more cars in AI-class.

Last edited by Avanti 63r1025 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Avanti 63r1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:56 pm

LOL I saw that Avanti posted on the subject and as I clicked on it I thought "Here we go, banhammer comin". Then I saw the big RED letters and I have come to learn usually that means in Military documents that shits hit the fan and youre about to get the giant sand paper one with no lube but much to my chagrin Avanti is OKin them. Heck yea... To be honest I hope those small block Mopars come in a couple weeks to make these cars a mute point and not needed. I swear if there is a 340 T/A or AAR Im finishing out the season in it! Just to show my happiness and support of them! Appreciate the massaging of the rules a lil to get the Mopars some love in AI Avanti!

Ex US Squid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:01 am

Then is the 300 SRT8 approved asvwell?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:53 am

Yes. This is the reason why I didn't initially allow them in AI; it opens flood gates. Meaning, I have to draw the line somewhere which in turns allows racers to argue, "But what about _______?"

I would have loved to include all cars from the beginning because Turn 10 did their homework and modeled different trim levels for each chassis. If somebody wanted to race a turbocharged V6 base model 2002 Camaro or a V6 Challenger SXT in AI, I'd love to see that. See what happens when you don't do your homework? study
Avanti 63r1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:06 pm

You get a bad grade but have more free time for Forza racin! Thats what happens when you dont do your Homework... The Chrysler is a dog though... I remember crying to myself that I needed to Fred Flinstone the car to go faster in AIX testing. Im sure it will be the same in AI. The Challenger can run :40.xxx flats and the Charger I found was a lil looser on corner exit and was about .7 off the Challenger pace. Both could go faster... Im sure Mopar could run a 34.xxx some how lol.

Ex US Squid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:48 pm

I noticed that the Charger was a little looser, but I figured I could tune that out to some extent. The Chally is super tight around Laguna, atleast to me it is. I used LS in FM3 as my testing track, and I raced mostly the Chally then, so I've got lots of seat time in that car on that track. I'll be doing some test 'n' tune runs this afternoon, between Chally, Charger, and Neon, and I'll make the decision on which is best out of all of them.
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Yea I dont know Sim... Seems to me that your Neon with just a lil more downforce, a slight shock adjustment, and a 3.91 rear gear and Im pullin mid :38s with it. Ive struggled to get low 40s out of the new builds so thats a tough call to run the Neon or not in my mind but the new Mopars may suit your driving style better. after 4 laps the Neons tires heated up and it was pretty grippy actually.

Ex US Squid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:14 pm

Well, that's why I'll be doing the testing between the three. The Charger and the Challenger were both faster at Road America though, I plan on keeping multiple cars available, so I can choose from week to week which is best.
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:55 pm

I sent you a lil present to your FM4 box cause we all know how much you like it stuffed haha.

Ex US Squid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:58 am

I know its off topic, but if you guys are running :40's or so...so far my best time in the bucket has been a :35.5. If there are few enough people to do a mass race...i think it would be some really close racing between the AIX and AI guys...which is always fun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum