Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pack your bags, fellas...

+4
Josh on ze bass
maxximilllion
TuxTshirt
Simcik
8 posters

Go down

Pack your bags, fellas... Empty Pack your bags, fellas...

Post  Simcik Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:21 am

God, bless Texas!!!

I didn't even sign it yet...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pack your bags, fellas... Empty Re: Pack your bags, fellas...

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:02 am

Holy shit! I just might pack my bags. Keep us in the loop.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:23 am

There are 19 other states that have similar petitions, but they have yet to get the needed number of signatures...

There is also a petition asking for a recount of all the votes cast in the election, since several states had more votes cast than registered voters...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  maxximilllion Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Here's a list of states where residents have filed secession petitions in recent days: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wyoming.

My name is number 12 on the Florida petition.

From a Texas news article:
The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government's neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it's citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.

But:

Texas Gov. Rick Perry is distancing himself from the petition. The Dallas Morning News reported that the Republican governor's press secretary wrote in an email, "Gov. Perry believes in the greatness of our Union and nothing should be done to change it. But he also shares the frustrations many Americans have with our federal government."

Gov Rick Scott of Florida does have the balls to go through with it, but we have waaaay to many leftest pinko commies and illegals to fight this petition.
maxximilllion
maxximilllion

http://www.neinshiza.net84.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:31 pm

I can understand the politicians playing it safe for the time being... I'm willing to allow that until a time come that more than just 50K people have signaled their support. 75% of the state's population? That'd be different...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Texas' Secession Petition

Petition for Congress to Re-Count the Election

Petition for the White House to Recount the Election
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Alexander Tytler- British Lawyer, 1747-1813

A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back to bondage.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:45 pm

I would say a good portion of us in the this country are between the "spiritual faith" and "great courage" areas. I really do feel there could be another civil war. I hope not, but I am worried...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:46 pm

I saw some documentary saying that if Texas seceded all of America would fall flat on its face. Remember the last time an actual attempt to secede? The North said "No,sirs"
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:25 pm

TuxTshirt wrote:Alexander Tytler- British Lawyer, 1747-1813

A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back to bondage.

That sir is why we live in a Republic and not a Democracy. Our founding fathers knew a democracy was not a good governing body.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:38 pm

I don't have to inform members. What's below is mostly for our global visitors.

The war we want is of a revolutionary nature. Our first amendment is there so we may speak and express ourselves freely, including our voice of discontent for our leaders. Amendment two is number two in case our leaders are not listening. It is so we may show up at their doorstep, armed with the message, "You must abandon your position for you are leading us in a direction with which we don't agree, and you haven't listened to us."

I had a wonderful history teacher in high school. He told us the second amendment was put in place by our forefathers, not for hunting or other sport purposes but to threaten our government in case they were greatly upsetting the people. The American forefathers had recently gone through such an action themselves and included the second amendment so 'the people' could do it again if necessary.

Today's government understands an armed public is detrimental to their power and want us to feel threatened about assault rifles and other firearms. They've already partially succeeded as some people are whiny little bitches and believe disarming everyone would stop instances such as Columbine, Tucson, and Aurora. These whiny little bitches don't understand circumstances are due to the actions of the person not the instrument used.

There are a great number of pissed-off Americans today. How are our leaders going to respond? We know they don't listen. Shall we take up our forefather's notion on the second amendment or should we start yelling louder, first? Some unknowns: Whose side will the TSA take? DHS (and why did they buy more than one billion bullets)? Local law enforcement agencies? Our military?
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:37 pm

You guys are right on the money! The other problem we have Avanti, is that roughly half of the American people agree with this government. It holds true to my latest post about democracy. It's the people like us that still have an "in focus" view of what this country is supposed to be. And that's in spite of our different views on which way to vote and if the system is completely "broken". I think society is "broken".
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:26 am

TuxTshirt wrote: I think society is "broken".

I agree with this. The "sheeple" as previously coined, give our government the power that it has.

You don't have to even try to look for the stupidity that is a large chuck of the American people. I've sat in resteraunts and overheard people's reasoning for casting there vote to a particular person.

Its a shame that the popularity of a candidate is based off of something funny they commented about on Twitter, or how they cracked a joke against their opposer, and nothing to do with how they are going to help fix our country.

Our generation and younger are a bunch of morons. Not to say that there aren't older generations with stupid logic, but it seems the most recent generations are worthless all they care about is that they have their Iphone 26, Myface, facepage, Twitter, reality TV, dubstep, Twilight, and that little girl Justin Beiber....... FUCK!
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:02 am

The act of secession is a necessary and proper check on the Federal government. South Carolina, and all of the other Confederate states were well withing their bounds to do what was necessary to protect their rights to hold slaves. Is slavery wrong? Yes. Was it legal? Yes.

There is no way in hell that the founding fathers would have signed the constitution if they thought that the compact wasn't voluntary. If a woman was in a relationship with a man who had beaten and killed his first wife for standing up for herself, and then was kept in line by holding the threat of violence and death and the withholding of money, everyone would tell her to leave. What is the difference between that and the states?

That is why I hate...and I mean hate Abraham Lincoln. The ultimate assault on the freedom of the people from tyranny was abolished. Then you start with the horrors of Reconstruction, especially under arguably the most corrupt administration ever under President Grant. The establishment of the Civil War Amendments that are used today but have been interpreted incorrectly (i.e. anchor babies and the 14th amendment). Then you get the asshole that is Theodore Roosevelt, the "Republican" that was not, nor a "Democrat". Instead the progressive era begins, and the ultimate growth of "we know better than you" starts.

Wilson and his eugenics BS, not to mention his segregation of the US military.

FDR and his "New Deal", LBJ and his "Great Society" and his roll in Vietnam, Jimmy Carters numerous stupid decisions...I mean the list goes on an on...

No one will learn from this however. In the immortal words of Hudson from the film Alien "That's it! Game over, man! Game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?"
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:05 am

StalkerStang wrote:
TuxTshirt wrote: I think society is "broken".

I agree with this. The "sheeple" as previously coined, give our government the power that it has.

Our generation and younger are a bunch of morons. Not to say that there aren't older generations with stupid logic, but it seems the most recent generations are worthless all they care about is that they have their Iphone 26, Myface, facepage, Twitter, reality TV, dubstep, Twilight, and that little girl Justin Beiber....... FUCK!

I think you can blame a lot of that on parents and compulsory education. Nothing like being forced to go to school until at least the 8th grade and get that crap spoon fed to you for decades just to have to spend years unlearning all the bullshit.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:05 am

Pinning to Tux's post: George Noory, main host of Coast-to-Coast AM said this recently, "We have roughly 50% of this country unhappy with the outcome of this election." I am going to surmise a 3% margin of error. From there we can surmise 50% of this country (also needs a margin of error) is content with the outcome. The sum from the error margins can be categorized as "don't care."

How can we pull at least 20% of the people out of the "content" or "don't care" binders (pun intended) and get them to wake up … or at least step aside? The discontent don't need our peers against us, too.

Drew Zahn, writer for WND wrote this article, http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/now-many-states-want-to-secede-from-u-s/ and will be tonight's first hour Coast-to-Coast guest. And here's ABC's article on the story: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/11/secession-petitions-gain-clicks-fast/

Woodrow Wilson signed the Federal Reserve into existence, and even he regretted doing so.
+
Thomas Jefferson warned of huge corporations.
-----------------------------------------------
A lot of what's wrong today, politically speaking.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:59 am

Wow - excellent points Smus. I know that I was fortunate enough to have parents who taught me alot before I went to school, but I see people my age (even my own sister) relying on the system to do all the educating. That is a major problem. I would put my knowledge (self- or parent-taught) up against any of the brightest spoon-fed students out there. In fact, I have had to stuggle with this my whole life. If I already know what we are learning, I cannot focus. It happened alot in lower-level engineering classes. I knew how to calculate loads and stuff when I was like 8, 'cause we built a barn from scratch and my dad showed it all to me then, so Statics was so boring for me... Anyway, moving on.

Yes, the more you learn about Lincoln, the less you will like him. The guy had an agenda, and the secession stopped him from being able to complete it. You see, what they don't tell you in most history books is that while the North did have a stronger industrial presense at the time, the South had more natural resources. They also had more leverage for trade. They had to two biggest cash crops - cotton and tobacco - and lots and fertile land to grow it on. They would have been able to rake in more money through trading than the North could have, and could have used this to buy industrialized goods until the time when their own production was increased.

And like Smus said, was slavery right? No. But was it legal? Yes. And the government was punishing those states that were doing it. They didn't want to stop doing something that was legal, so they said "peace." Then, the only way Lincoln could get everyone to side with him, was to say that they were breaking the law. (They weren't.) Bam, Civil War. The South didn't want a fight, they just wanted to leave...

Like Smus said, the consitution says that any state that enters the Union does so voluntarily. Here, read this. It applies to more than just Texas.

http://www.texassecede.com/faq.htm

And yes, we do live in a Republic, not a Democracy - however, the government has slow chipped away at the checks and balances. Lincoln started that... But now we have Executive Orders for everything, bills being brought up to limit the amount of Fillibusters in Congress. We've lowered the requirements for passage of many bills and regulations, we've got many new government departments that answer to seemingly no one (Federal Reserve, DHS, etc...), and on top of that, when a check is called, it is often ignored. Did we ever get those documents the House supeoned (sp?) the DHS and Eric Holder for? (The answer is "no...") We may still call this a Republic, but it is more like a Democracy near demise these days.

Maybe we should embrace what Avanti has said. I am curious, if Texas is willing to go, who else will follow? My guess is Oklahoma, Louisianna, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Kansas, Nebraska, and Arkansas would jump on board pretty quickly... And alot of people would move here.

Oh, BTW, a friend showed me this yesterday. Kind of fitting...

http://www.ar15builder.com/
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:46 am

I think Lincoln may be the perfect example of the victor writing the history books in their own image. Everything in the school system tells you how great he was. The older and wiser I get the more I question how that could possible be true given the actions he took. Glad to see I'm not the only one able to see through all the smoke and mirrors.

The problem is in most states the divide is around 60/40; either democrat or republican. I think it's going to be hard for a state to succeed with such an even split. We truly live in a country divided, when it comes to government and politics.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:56 am

Drew Zahn said this last night. The interview is about 42 minutes in length. Grab it and have a listen.

I'm going to visit what Stalker said.
StalkerStang wrote:…Our generation and younger are a bunch of morons. Not to say that there aren't older generations with stupid logic, but it seems the most recent generations are worthless all they care about is that they have their Iphone 26, Myface, facepage, Twitter, reality TV, dubstep, Twilight, and that little girl Justin Beiber....... FUCK!
It's amazing how dumbed-down our society has gotten. We have been flooded with television shows like Dog the Bounty Hunter, Keeping up with the Kardashians, Dancing with the Stars, and more stupid crap. They're diversionary shows, shows meant to keep the masses from caring what's going on in our nation and <J. Clarkson> around thuh wooooorrrrrrrld. Unfortunately our youth have bit hook, line, and sinker. Whenever a crappy show gets cancelled, I throw a party!

Sorta05 wrote:…The problem is in most states the divide is around 60/40; either democrat or republican. I think it's going to be hard for a state to succeed with such an even split. We truly live in a country divided, when it comes to government and politics.
This image has been circulating lately, and its creator says he'll create a larger picture so we may further zoom-in.
Pack your bags, fellas... 545543_10151321923986667_860632622_n
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:43 pm

I understand that Avanti, but what is not shown is that in each section that is read a certain percentage still voted blue. Look at the stats on any of the interactive pages and you'll see it's hard to find a state with a higher then 70% one way (rep or dem). I haven't dug into all the counties but I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar. Of course this is just showing percentages of those who voted... who knows what the actual is if we consider the views of those who didn't vote.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Ron Paul's response to the secession discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pDBgile_OEk
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Sorta05 wrote:I understand that Avanti, but what is not shown is that in each section that is read a certain percentage still voted blue. Look at the stats on any of the interactive pages and you'll see it's hard to find a state with a higher then 70% one way (rep or dem). I haven't dug into all the counties but I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar. Of course this is just showing percentages of those who voted... who knows what the actual is if we consider the views of those who didn't vote.
I read the chart to be exactly what you're getting at; especially the bottom map. That map is broken up by counties and each county is shaded blue, red, or a varying degree of purple; the varying shades representative of a percentage (40/60, 45/55, 60/40, 70/30) split. Light red tones mean it's slightly (R) though close to the 50/50 line. Deep purple tones mean there's only a small (R) percentage that keep it from being completely blue, etc. I could be misreading the chart though that's how I interpreted its layout.

I will say this- a color key at the bottom would be an enormous help.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:36 pm

I'm gonna guess transparency is density/number of votes for that county and shade correlates to dem or rep percentage as you stated. That seems to correlate pretty good. Pretty much all cities regardless of location are majority democrats and most rural areas are republican (with some exceptions).
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down