Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on Military preparing for the Zombie Apocolypse?

+3
Avanti 63r1025
TuxTshirt
StalkerStang
7 posters

Go down

Thoughts on Military preparing for the Zombie Apocolypse? Empty Thoughts on Military preparing for the Zombie Apocolypse?

Post  StalkerStang Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:44 pm

AKA Civil Unrest, Martial Law, etc.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2012/1031/No-prank-On-Halloween-US-military-forces-train-for-zombie-apocalypse

Think its a possibility? I don't want to be blind to this reality but I really don't think we are at that point yet. I like how we are refered to as zombies now though.

I really think there are too many dumb people that just go with the flow right now, not enough people willing to stand up to our government yet.

StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Military preparing for the Zombie Apocolypse? Empty Re: Thoughts on Military preparing for the Zombie Apocolypse?

Post  TuxTshirt Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:16 pm

I think any type of preparedness is necessary, however zombies seem like a stretch to me. Let's not forget we would be dealing with masses of humans. Humans aren't undead, and they're much smarter and less expendable. Don't get me wrong, TV has a way of glorifying a zombie apocalypse, and I'm sure most of us have discussed a plan with our friends. I know I have. I'll tell you what, after this storm, I'm glad we are self-sustaining. We may have moved to my in-law's, but it's more of a luxury not a necessity. I could just stay home and wait for zombies with my 12-gauge loaded.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Military preparing for the Zombie Apocolypse? Empty Re: Thoughts on Military preparing for the Zombie Apocolypse?

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:16 pm

Definitely agree with Stalker on the final issue. Too many Americans are, as my dad likes to say, "Fat, dumb, and happy." They won't stand up and rebel, they take everything up the ass and don't complain. These people sit on the sofa, eat Bon-Bons, and watch "reality TV." They also take everything the mainstream media says as gospel. In a sense, they are mindless zombies. On the other hand, there are those who read between the lines, think for themselves, dig deeper into issues, and ask the tough questions. We are getting to the point where we will be required to make a stand and say "NO MORE!" but we're not quite there yet.

If you're a Coast-to-Coast AM and/or Alex Jones listener, you'll know people are awake with more awakening every day. The wild card factor will be with law enforcement agencies and our military going against orders to detain civilians. If you're a Jones listener you'll know this mantra, "The answer to nineteen eighty-four is seventeen seventy-six!" Read: countering the contents of George Orwell's novel with an American Revolution.

I was impressed with maxximilllion's list of cronies in our political discussion; them's some bad people in high places. Their removal from position and detainment would be a healthy start for this country and the world.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:16 pm

Well what I mean is what do you think of the real possibility of civil unrest and/or martial law? I don't seriously think a zombie apocolypse is a viable or real situation to fear.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:45 pm

The threats of civil unrest and martial law are very real as the start of one is going to set off the other. One could make the argument small battles have already begun with the occupy movement on one side and the disappearance of civil liberties on the other.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:44 pm

“No doubt when a zombie apocalypse occurs, it’s going to be a federal incident, so we’re making it happen,” Mr. Barker told the AP.

Wonder how they know that? CDC screwing around with diseases eh?

Whenever this idea gets brought up, I am reminded by the length of time it took the colonists to finally rise up and revolt...granted it took something like 3 months to travel the Atlantic and a week or more to travel from New York to Philadelphia.

However I do think that this quote, usually attributed to Alexander Fraser Tytler, is extremely fitting to our current course unfortunately...

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.

I see nothing to really, truly, change how the majority of Americans think. The past century have led us down a dangerous road, a slippery slope, and to me there is no turning back. Any attempt to reform the social safety net is met with resistance from the baby boomers who never planned on having to pay for their own retirement or maintain their medial expenses and from those younger who want something handed to them as they age. The promise that was made by FDR throughout the "New Deal" and perpetuated for the last 80 will bankrupt the nation. Transfer payments to the poor thanks to LBJ's "War on Poverty" in his "Great Society" has done nothing to stem the continuation of poverty. Chickenhawk politicians attempt to keep the USA now involved in little "tit for tat" international conflicts and use military action to seem "tough on *insert bad thing here*" instead of on policy that might actually help. The US Constitution is in tatters thanks to assaults from every President and Congress since Abraham Lincoln and even some before. The American people are far happier to be left alone to live in a world where there is no pain, where there is no strife, and no hard decisions need to be made.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:00 am

StalkerStang wrote:Well what I mean is what do you think of the real possibility of civil unrest and/or martial law? I don't seriously think a zombie apocolypse is a viable or real situation to fear.

Be prepared by being in contact with people that you know share the same view of America and actually think ahead. Think ahead yourself. Be prepared to survive without, or in spite of, "Big Brother". Keep your loved ones safe. Make smart, calculated, and HUMANE decisions. Let us not forget, we DO live in a dangerous world. We always have. Many Americans are insulated from reality, however I truly believe many are thoughtful enough to understand the big picture and dangers of this world. Oh, and keep the faith! No matter how prepared we are here, remember "here" is temporary. It's most important to be prepared for eternity. And if you don't agree with me, then don't prepare, and hope I'm wrong.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:12 am

I know one thing for certain, if something happens of this nature (martial law, not zombies) there will be refuge in Texas. We have our own power grid, our own nuclear reactors, wind turbines, coal plants, and dams. Plenty of oil and natural gas. Crops, beef, wild game, lots of stuff...

And most importantly, we have many, many people here who are not dependent on anyone else. Yes, we enjoy the conveniences of modern life. Talking to you guys is great, but if I had to give it up, I could. And I am not alone in this way of thinking.

Perhaps it is just our culture, but here we do not relying on anyone. (Atleast most of us.) We have guns, and we know how to use them. Maybe it's just my ego, who knows, but I feel pretty fortunate to live here. If something happens, I feel pretty confident.

However, on a more serious note about the subject, I feel that there are enough sound minded people in the military, police, etc. forces who would go against a real attempt at martial law... Those of you who have served probably know the clause the best that gives you an out for orders like that. Moreover, it wouldn't really matter if that was the case, as if the country is torn apart, the rules go out the window with it...

Quiet frankly, I feel the world will end before America, but that's a whole other subforum right there...

Less than a week to go guys - lets make sure we are being heard. Wake people up. Get them educated. (And not just Alex Jones - he's a little too crazy... Not gonna break many people in on that guy.) Make them defend their beliefs, and when they cannot, go in for the kill and expose their naivite to themselves.

Hope all this made sense - I was a little tired...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:16 am

In my foray in college on the way to my degree I took 3 classes involving political philosophy... my favorite philosopher is Thomas Hobbes and his book "The Leviathan" in which he states human beings before society lived in a world of pure freedom, not bound by a social contract which enforced rules, but what he said about society outside of the society we've created is "nasty, brutish, and short". So in order to protect ourselves from a violent and painful death at the hands of someone stronger, we bind together and create society...not because we want to, but because we have to, because the alternative is far less desirable.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:18 pm

You know the irony of all this is those who bitch about this kind of preparedness would just as quickly throw us under the bus had we not taken the precautions and training and a situation caught us off guard.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:20 pm

I disagree entirely.

They'd probably say "Braaaaaaaaaaaaaains"
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:38 pm

I think y'all are reading into the zombie thing to much. It's just some folks trying to have fun with training. Excersizes are the worst...

I took an oath to defend the Constitution.

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.[1
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:40 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Uniformed_Services_Oath_of_Office

First paragraph sums it up nicely.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Squid's former U.S.N. and I'm former U.S.A. There are a few forum members with military or law enforcement experience or friends/family.

I like the part you colored, enemies "foreign and domestic." We already have domestic enemies. The Question becomes, "When are the people going to demand a change?"
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:19 pm

I'll tell you what, I demand a change. And I'm doing my part to make that change on November 6th.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:53 pm

Simcik wrote:… Wake people up. Get them educated. (And not just Alex Jones - he's a little too crazy... Not gonna break many people in on that guy.) Make them defend their beliefs, and when they cannot, go in for the kill and expose their naivite to themselves. …
I wouldn't go so far as calling Alex crazy. He's an intense guy and one who over-analyzes situations though I feel his over-analyzing is a movement too far in the right direction. It's as if his extreme pulls get other people to dig deeper and that's what I like about his reporting.

Alex is pro Ron Paul because Ron wants to bring serious changes. Alex also admires former MN Governor Jesse Ventura's position. Alex has opened the eyes of many and I hope it's contagious. You don't have to like the guy directly, though you should admire what he does.

We weren't alive circa 1774 but what do you think our forefathers were saying about British royalty in [what were to become] MA, NY, CT, PA, VA, DE, and other pubs? I can't imagine the words spoken were pleasantries. The forefather's unpleasant wishes upon the British crown are parallel to Alex's investigating today. It may not be pleasant but it gets people into action.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum