Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

WARNING: Political Discussion

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WARNING: Political Discussion

Post  CamaroSniper66 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:04 am

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread. However, I'm still too young to vote. Definitely going to next time. Schwarzenegger 2016!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:10 am

Haha - never too early to start learning! Too bad you can't participate yet...
Simcik
Admin

View user profile http://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:52 am

Maxx, that is an awesome rundown of in-charge personnel. I'm glad people are keeping their eyes open.

I’ll also echo Sim’s sentiment about this being a very cool political discussion. It means we have a group of respectful people amongst us.

I was in party chat with Squid and Tux one evening. They were talking politics and whereas I wasn’t partaking in the conversation, the question was posed if I do my own research. To that I answered, “Oh absolutely I do.” I didn’t contribute to the discussion further because we would’ve been on that subject all night and not about our upcoming schedule issues.

I find myself not taking much at face value, especially if it comes from the mainstream media. Mainstream media outlets are fed many of the stories they report. I have my doubts about Bin Laden’s death, doubts about the theater gunman this past summer, and other doubts involving historical U.S. occurrances but those issues aren’t for this thread.

Lyrics from Waiting on the World to Change by John Mayer say it best, "… when you trust your television what you get is what you got. 'Cause when they own the information oh, they can bend it all they want. …" Which is absolutely scary but true. What's even more scary- there are too many mouth breathers (thanks Tux for that term) who will blindly believe everything they see on television and take the news' word as gospel.

I won't come right out and say with which party I closest affiliate. I’ll phrase it this way- Generally speaking residents in the greater S.F. and L.A. areas are Democrats and residents not near those cities are Republicans. The state is labeled as Democrat due to the weight when adding those key populations. The rest of the people, who would rather things go other ways, are simply outnumbered. I do live near one of those geographical areas but I go against the grain. ← That should’ve insinuated it well enough.

Stalker is very close in his thoughts and feelings. Our elections are fixed from the start. We’re fed candidates from a pool and dare I say it, we’re fed candidates from a pool of people who will stay the course. Stay what course? Well the course where corruption feeds its own self-interest is about all I can say on the subject, only because I don’t know every minute detail.

To be totally honest, I am sick of both parties. I’m posting it and calling it now- it won’t matter if Romney or Obama are elected this November, neither of them will make any significant changes because they’re only frontage pieces for a grander scheme behind the curtain. Should somebody other than Romney or Obama make it into the White House, we should cheer! Successfully electing somebody outside of the pool of candidates is what we must do if we want to see a major deviation from our current course of corruption.

-- The first two are audio clips so download them and listen on your computer. --
This audio clip (.mp3) discusses the possibility of a shadow government:
mediafire.com ?3rtd8zoc995wyi9

This audio clip (.mp3) talks about our current two-party situation:
mediafire.com ?fpw4wq46817qcod

If that last graphic is true, wow! I hope the represented 47% of debate watchers do vote for someone else. Stemming from what Simcik wrote earlier, we need to pray that 18% figure is accurate. Why? 18% is low enough that independent candidates stealing votes from Romney won’t matter as much.

Yes, our country (and this world) is this bad. More sheeple need to become heads-up and aware of what’s happening. Ron Paul got screwed out of being on every ballot this year and was shunted by mainstream media. Why? He’s not a candidate from the pool of people who will stay the course. In November’s election, Gary Johnson from the Libertarian party or Thomas Hoefling from the American Independent party are viable alternates. I hope 2016 sees Ron Paul and/or Jesse Ventura on the ballots of all states and that either/both have a following large enough to win, no later than 212 weeks from now.
Avanti 63r1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:37 pm

TuxTshirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:10 pm

I see a recurring theme here. Sorta like a Monte Brewster "None of the above!" option. If someone could blend the appropriate political messages of Network and Brewster's Millions I think you'd have a fairly accurate feeling of today's American people.
Avanti 63r1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:40 pm

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/enrollment-food-stamps-medicaid-and-disability-far-outpaces-job-growth-last-4-years_654145.html

Tomorrow night is the Ryan v. Biden debate. Or should I say Ryan v. Mediator, as Biden will be a no-show mentally (as usual) and the moderator is an Obama fan.

Should be fun! Hope you all watch! Can't wait to see the polling after this one!

People think the media got it wrong on Romney??? Wow - wait 'til they see how wrong they've been on Ryan!
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:23 pm

I would say Biden won the debate in the way he seemed to be the aggressor and commanding. Ryan did well, and did not lose, more Biden won. Substance was good on both sides, I think you can fact check and find both candidates were right and wrong on some number crunching. I wish both did a better job in answering the question regarding the disheartened soldier, both seemed to swerve off the topic. Ryan should have pointed out the aim and experience of Romney being a bipartisan politician. Obama is a proven wedge.

Biden did well in being more personal thoughout except for closing. Ryan wins the closing statement. Having said all of this, Joe Biden was absolutely disrespectful and condescending throughout most of the debate. He laughed out loud as a teenager being disciplined by his parent. You're a VP Joe, have some respect. Ryan seemed more the adult. He also was not intimidated. Oh yeah, and BOOM! Ryan got Biden on the "regretful comments". This debate may have stopped the descent of the POTUS. ROMNEY 2012! elephant

TuxTshirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:34 am

I think the forum creators (Forumotion, not me...) are Republicans. There is no Donkey smiley...

Jus' sayin'...
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:34 am

Not that I'm complaining... Razz
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:18 am

Simcik wrote:I think the forum creators (Forumotion, not me...) are Republicans. There is no Donkey smiley...

Jus' sayin'...

You mean "ASS".

TuxTshirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:41 pm

TuxTshirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:25 pm

So true...
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:28 pm

I wonder if that smile of Bidens is from before or after he asked Ryan if he thought he was Jack Kennedy now after Ryan simply brought up a time when Jack Kennedys politics worked for America akin to the way the Romney economic plan will work. This was right after Biden said this plan NEVER worked in history. Good job Biden.... Proud of you! elephant

Win The Day! I love my Ducks!
Ex US Squid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:45 pm

Ex US Squid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:07 pm

2nd Presidential Debate is tomorrow night.
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Ex US Squid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Ex US Squid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maxximilllion on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Election eve, Marco and I have finished up in Florida and promise to deliver it on a plate to Gov. Romney. Looking for Tux to do the same in eastern PA, while I call in my favors throughout western Pennsylvania tonight. That leaves Ohio, Colorado, New Hampshire and Virginia, if you know anybody that owes you money in any of these states, call in that marker.

All joking aside, whoever you intend to vote for, please get out there and rock your vote!

This will be my sixth election process and none have had the impact as 2012 will have on America come Wednesday.
maxximilllion

View user profile http://www.neinshiza.net84.net

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:31 pm

Right on maxx! I'm rockin' my vote and have been spreadin' the word in my little corner. I'll tell you what, I talk to more Romney supporters and see more Romney signs than Barry's. One guy has an Obama sign between two American flags on his lawn. Only the Obama sign has a big "NO" in the middle of it. As of a recent poll, PA was even with a heavy Democrat over-sample. I've been saying it since September, we're painting this state RED baby!

TuxTshirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:44 pm

I sure hope you guys can. I voted last week.

You guys get out there and vote tomorrow - and please make sure that if you do so electronically, that what you've pressed is actually what was counted...
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:59 pm

I'm trying to stay positive...

But it's getting tough...

Sad
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:50 am

Here's to hoping that in four years I can afford to drive the cars I want in something other than Forza... Scratch that - here's to hoping there are still cars I want to drive in four years - no, wait, here's to hoping we're still around in four years...

*takes double-shot*

Time for Texas to Secede???
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:13 am

I just threw up in my mouth and am aspirating on it. Oh wait, that's a metaphore for the country. Fantastic, intellectual laziness and the disease called liberalism is permeating the world. Now America is the next to fall. Don't believe me? Look around.

TuxTshirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:14 am

I'm moving to TX if they secede...

Last edited by Sorta05 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Sorta05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:14 am