Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muscle Car Challenge

+3
Ex US Squid
Simcik
o351
7 posters

Go down

Muscle Car Challenge Empty Muscle Car Challenge

Post  o351 Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:04 pm

That I might post a spin-off event that I am trying to organize.
Its a mini-series with stock muscle cars.
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5209209.aspx
o351
o351

Back to top Go down

Muscle Car Challenge Empty Re: Muscle Car Challenge

Post  Simcik Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:52 pm

I would love to get in on this, but not having a dedicated high-speed connection right now is killing me. I wish you luck with the first couple weeks, and I hope I can get in on the action after we finish our renovation and get our high-speed back.

For what it's worth, I think you might want to elaborate a little more on what a muscle car is and is not. And what "stock" means.

For instance, do you consider the Corvette and muscle car? Is there are model year cutoff, or will you allow new muscle cars to race? Stuff like that.

And as far as stock, do you mean no mods whatsoever, or maximum PI for a given class (C or B?)? Do wheels and tires count as mods in this race? Etc.

Don't want to nit-pick, but I know from see how people responded to the rules here (or lack of specific rules in some cases), there was some confusion and frustration.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:55 pm

Looking at the dates O3 has slated it has a designated car for that particular race track so it appears to be a single car spec race format with the car switching each week along with the track. Im down to get in on the series as long as I can make time. First race is the XB Falcon
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Simcik wrote:

And as far as stock, do you mean no mods whatsoever, or maximum PI for a given class (C or B?)? Do wheels and tires count as mods in this race? Etc.

Oh no, not another one! lol... Sorry, we had a guy when I was dirt racing, who showed up in a CRX with a Prelude engine, some other trans, etc etc. Basically it was a CRX shell, with a hodge-podge of everything else. When asked to explain how his car was stock and why it shouldn't be banned from racing, he replied "Everything is stock. It all came in a car.". We tried to explain to him, for quite some time, that stock meant whatever came in on or with the car from the factory, as you would buy it from a lot. Not the stock engine from a Prelude, stock trans from a let plane, and on and on.

Sorry, can you tell it was a sore subject for me? lol. I'd imagine it's one of those "upgrades allowed: No" deals, just you and the same car everyone else is running, to make it perfectly level. Only thing you can change in those and get away with is tire pressure. For some reason that's not considered tuning in Forza.

It looks like a fun series, I might try it out if I have time. It bothers me when people like that guy are too incompetent to put time zone, or learn to spell or use grammar the right way. Penalty's? Really? You sure it's not penalties? Sorry again, just got done tuning a Neon for the last 2 hours, I'm in pain from a back injury 13 years ago, and 1 cough is enough to send me spiraling downward to the point of not being able to breathe 5 minutes later. Ok, done ranting, sorry bout that, wasn't really meaning to but that's how it looks to me even lol. Oh, Simcik, check your messages, then log in to Forza Smile
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:33 pm

I did not notice that there were specific cars. That changes everything. Oops.

I was thinking I could just bring my Daytona every week...

Haha. Sorry for the confusion.

Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  o351 Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Remaggib wrote: It bothers me when people like that guy are too incompetent to put time zone, or learn to spell or use grammar the right way. Penalty's? Really? You sure it's not penalties?

Kinda confused by this I understand the spell check on penalties so thanks for the correction but as far as too incompetent to put a time zone is bewildering where in the United States does someone not understand PST.? O.K. so lets say you do not live in the United States what part of the world does not understand GMT.? seems as though you may have passed a High school English class but I would have to guess that you struggled though both Geography and Mathematics. Instead of confusing you with complicated equations I will just give the answer. The races would be held 10pm CST or an even easier way to explain to you -10pm your time!

Last edited by o351 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed expletive)
o351
o351

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:28 pm

O3, I think Rem was a just a little frustrated when he posted that. I bet if you spent 2 hours trying to fight with my Neon around Road America too, you'd know what he means! Haha. Seriously, it was bad...

Anyway, I think the series will be great, especially now that I see it's somewhat of a "spec" series. Just upset that I won't be able to get in on it from the start. Shouldn't be too confusing for anyone - besides, Rem, if someone wants to bring a Prelude engine to a muscle car series, I'd be more than happy to let them! (Okay, I know that's not exactly what you said.) Haha!

Okay, everyone cool now? Good, I'm gonna go get a beer now...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:51 pm

I just had to clip this out of a file I had and upload it for this occasion.

Stop the presses! (<-- read: take a step back and breathe). Text is difficult at times to decipher in terms of direction and intended use of words. Guys, please don't leap down each other's throat. Thank you.

In addition to what Simcik said, I'd bet Remaggib was piggybacking his frustration from mentioned "Prelude dude." Now that doesn't make him in the right, but O351 I want you to know that you're not Remaggib's sole target.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:20 pm

For your information I was bad in math AND geometry, primarily because I don't care. However now that I know it's 10 and not whatever I said earlier, I COULD join, but really I don't know, people lashing out at me just doesn't put me in a friendly type of competitive mood.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Is this the first bit of forum drama?? pirat tongue Cool Surprised Very Happy Very Happy

Awesome! It's officially a true working forum! alien cheers cyclops
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:48 pm

I say go for it Rem, race and have fun. Seat time is how everyone improves and seat time with others on track is better. This is water under the bridge in my eyes. Please let this go.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:48 pm

Gotta love the pirate responding to drama lol

Yeah, I really do find it hard to race dirty pretty much no matter what. Avanti, you and Tux probably know me the best out of anyone I know online, and you both know I'll wreck myself before allowing even a dented fender on an opponent's car from me. Unless it's practice and I can't get out of the way, right Tux?
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Muscle Car Challenge Empty Tonights race

Post  o351 Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Remaggib wrote:For your information I was bad in math AND geometry, primarily because I don't care. However now that I know it's 10 and not whatever I said earlier, I COULD join, but really I don't know, people lashing out at me just doesn't put me in a friendly type of competitive mood.
Just lick you wounds and come on out.You are still more the welcome to come and race with us.
o351
o351

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:31 pm

I appreciate it, I can try, but won't be able to make the whole thing. I'd have to duck out early more likely than not, and relocate my xbox just to be able to do it. But the car's a boat, I kind of like that.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:00 am

Lol Avanti trying to break up the drama like the den mother! Haha well to christen this joint off right we now need a proper troll.... Anyone know how to get ahold of CoolBreeze???
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:46 am

Does it count that when I read that a cold chill entered the room?

Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:34 pm

Chill.... cool breeze.... Hah!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  ceet34 Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:53 am

Ex US Squid wrote:Lol Avanti trying to break up the drama like the den mother! Haha well to christen this joint off right we now need a proper troll.... Anyone know how to get ahold of CoolBreeze???

wait wheres this joint that you speak of?? drunken
ceet34
ceet34

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down