Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FMROC Rescheduled.

5 posters

Go down

FMROC - FMROC Rescheduled. Empty FMROC Rescheduled.

Post  Simcik Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Due to a combination of factors (including an oversight by me), FMROC has been rescheduled. The first race of the season will be Friday, September the 28th. Those of you who participated in the FMROC race on the 14th will receive some type of reward for your participation, though I am not sure whether bonus points or starting position will be more desirable, but I will make a determination by the 28th.

Be aware that no rules will be changing. Damage will be simulation, there will be no assists, etc.

I will be adding a "Lucky Dog" rule, allowing the first car a lap (or more) down to gain a lap back if a caution occurs. This does not mean you can keep going 125mph through slowing traffic. Slowdown, get through clean, then speed up again...

Also, I really, really hope everyone practices with these cars on the assigned tracks! These cars get loose, and if you don't know how to drive them, you will wreck.

Turn 4 at Sunset is a perfect example. To go fast, the car will most likely need to slide sideways slightly right after the apex of the turn. If, when the car does start to slide, you try to correct it, you will spin into the wall. If, however, you maintain your steering input and allow the car to slide just a little up the track, it will grip and make the turn. If you don't believe me, ask Tux or Squid. Also, be aware that if a car is right in front of you, you will get even more loose, so letting off a little may be advantageous. As the race the other night can attest, 100% is not always needed to win. However, keeping the car clean is a must.

Avoid contact! Watching the replay, it was clear that some of the contact could have been avoided. Pay attention to the radio (headset) and the cars around you.

During pace laps, please keep some distance between your car and others. We won't run off an leave you... Stay single file until told to form up (usually in the last 1/4 of the lap).

When it is time to form up, do so in two single-file lines. I don't want to see cars coming to the green flag 4-wide. If you have watched NASCAR, or the IROC replays, you know what I'm looking for...

Cautions are going to happen, though as you can tell, we need some work on exectuing them. Two major wrecks occured DURING cautions. This is not acceptable. When a caution is called, SLOW DOWN! If a car is behind you, move over before hitting the brakes, but hit the brakes! Don't just keep going! If you are behind, you may catch up, but you MAY NOT PROCEDE AT 100%!!! Back off! Coast, get past any obstructions, then speed up a little if needed to catch up.

If you have a headset, but wish not to talk, that it mine, turn your mic off, but LISTEN to the crowd. We cannot tell you if a caution has occured if you have not heard us! All racers should do their best to call cautions quickly, and tell everyone where the caution occured (Example: "Caution, Turn 4!!!")

We will be practicing this Friday night during our normal Rolex race time. If you can make it, please do so. We will run several short races in which we can practice different situations, as well as give you some time to get used to racing the car in traffic.

And finally, remember this above all else:

Keep the cars clean! Clean cars will have a chance to win - those that are wrecked will not. The racing will be tight, so if you must, give up the spot! There will be opportunities to bunch the field, giving you a great shot at getting your place back, but only if you avoid contact. Furthermore, remember that each race is essentially two shorter races, but only final one counts! Even if no wrecks or spins occur, the Competition Caution will give you the chance to catch up and fight for a position near the top.

This series is supposed to be realistic. Unfortunately that means it won't always be fun. It won't be a wreckfest, as the damage won't allow for that, and the races are longer, meaing parts could be boring. Please accept this if you wish to participate. I want this to be a fun and unique series - something to break the mold of the other series. I need everyone to be on board with this if it is to be a success.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

FMROC - FMROC Rescheduled. Empty Re: FMROC Rescheduled.

Post  StalkerStang Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:44 am

Still says Thursday....
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:09 am

Stll haven't changed that...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:17 am

Hey, I may have figured it out. Look at the calendar now.

Also, FMROC has had a bother schedule change. To get out of the way of the bigger series, FMROC will be running two double-headers. Race 2 & 3, and Race 5 & 6 will he raced back to back. Race 1 will will run in the 2-slot to the Role race on the 28th, and will take the 1-spot on the 12th before the Green Hell race.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Double no good for me the 12th. Bummer.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:38 pm

You figured something out! My calendar now has Thursday the 20th (hasn't yet dissipated) but Friday the 28th is correct.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  sbclowrider Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:18 pm

I don't know what all you guys are talking about the dates have always been Friday when I log on

sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Yep, I figured it out... Will have another post about it in the Calendar.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down