Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Come take a ride...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Come take a ride...

Post  Remaggib on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Mount yourself on my roll cage and hold on tight, this is a flying lap around Lime Rock on the iRacing servers. This 1 minute video took an hour to upload, so it'll be a while before I can post a link for another view of this lap. Video taken with a digital camera, not a video camera, so quality is a bit low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgwEBzF2tYg&feature=youtu.be
Remaggib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Come take a ride...

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:36 am

That's awesome big gamer. I really like the cam. placement as it looks like some on-board videos I've seen. Lime Rock is also a cool venue. I dig your spin without hitting anything, it's almost as if you planned it. You should recreate the video when I send you my GP.

I have the processing power for iRacing, though I lack a good wheel & pedal setup and I'd love to build a race seat. If I could get those I would definitely join you and Tux in iRacing. I bet my Forza racing would also improve with a wheel & pedal setup.
Avanti 63r1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:33 pm

As will I! Eventually have a computer and rig setup for iRacing. pirat ..........Eventually.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:20 pm

Why iRacing? I mean, there are other equally impressive sim-racers out there... SimRaceway for instance...

iRacing is soooo limited...
Simcik
Admin

View user profile http://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:29 pm

Google Greger Huttu. I raced against him a handful of times on Grand Prix Legends (VROC).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:55 pm

Just out of curiosity, how is iRacing limited? Granted there aren't that many cars, but the realism is there, unlike Forza 3.14...

Avanti, that will be uber easy to recreate, because I saved the replay. So yeah, I'll take some vids of iRacing I think and see what happens. Might try taking some during a live race Twisted Evil
Remaggib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:31 pm

There definitely are more options for web-based racing simulators:

iRacing
X-Motor Racing
Live for Speed
R-Factor and the mentioned
Sim Raceway

Though iRacing seems to have a larger following and official support of major players like IZOD, NASCAR, Super GT, Grand-Am, and more. As I say that, one would be foolish for not testing all options. Plus, at least one of those listed is an open source design so if you know how to program you can alter the game and not be chastised for it.

I forgot which game was the target, though I read about someone pulling Turn 10's car models off of the CD and inserting them into another game. The game could have been rfactor but don't quote me.
Avanti 63r1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:47 pm

iRacing has very, very few types of cars. I love their track mapping, and I love the realism, but I don't want to drive a Miata, or a Ferd Efteentwelve, or race in a Chevy-only Nascar race... Also, I don't like the idea of paying each month for a lot of stuff I won't use, though I guess I already do that with Forza... I really don't like the idea that the car I have been practicing in for who knows how long could be pulled out from under me due to a licencing issue, either...

I don't know, to me, SimRaceway seems like more my speed. They have more entry-level cars, and more cars (*cough* Mopars *cough*) period, but fewer tracks. But they do not charge for content you don't want, which I like...

I haven't looked at the others.
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Sweet video Rem! I too liked the perfect spin that ended with you facing the same way you were. I'm getting pumped up to start iRacing! I have a large chunk of the hardware, though am still not quite there. I may have this thing built before Christmas! I will show you guys my setup once it's together.

TuxTshirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:27 am

Sim, and those interested, know what would be awesome? If one impartial company acted as an overhead and shared works with game developers. The licensing and scanning of cars and tracks would be handled by this overhead company and any game developer interested in adding n-car or y-track could go through them. Gran Turismo has tracks iRacing doesn't. iRacing has tracks Forza Motorsport doesn't. Forza Motorsport has tracks Race Pro doesn't, and each has various car models. Imagine these and future games shipping with limited data, but having access to regular DLC (cars and/or tracks) for expanding their playability.

We've had Forza Motorsport 4 almost a year now. In that year we've received many cars but zero tracks. Ugh! I want pro tracks like Lime Rock, Portland, Mid-Ohio, and Miller Motorsports Park. I want amateur tracks like Buttonwillow, Thunderhill, and Pacific Raceway. The Forza forum sees cries for Spa-Francorchamps. Tracks take a long time to render though Spa-F. is included in iRacing. If one company were to be granted the ability to hand out licensing, Spa-F. could come to Forza.

I am seriously becoming bored with Forza Motorsport 9/16 × 2π because it contains the same scenery since launch day and has contained much of the same gaming principle since Forza Motorsport 2. I'll be up for a change of scenery and join Tux & Rem. in iRacing while we wait for the next XBox and the next Forza Motorsport.
Avanti 63r1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:09 am

Well I see your guys beef with Forza, but I can't say I would go anywhere else. My Xbox is for gaming, can't say I would spend the dough to get a PC worth a damn to run anything better. If I had those kinds of funds, I'd be at the drag strip in my running fox racing a real car.

To be honest though, Forza is pretty sweet. Lots of cars, ability to really make it custom with the paint/livery, the tuning, changing parts. It really has all the elements as far as I'm concerned. My biggest issue are the servers for online play. Yes tracks would be nice too.

There are smaller issues that I don't think really take from the game, I have fun racing with everyone here even though there are some issues, other than the lag/server thing, I can live with everything else.

Sorry to see you guys go to the PC world if/when that happens, I'll be staying here.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 am

Simcik wrote:iRacing has very, very few types of cars. I love their track mapping, and I love the realism, but I don't want to drive a Miata, or a Ferd Efteentwelve, or race in a Chevy-only Nascar race... Also, I don't like the idea of paying each month for a lot of stuff I won't use, though I guess I already do that with Forza... I really don't like the idea that the car I have been practicing in for who knows how long could be pulled out from under me due to a licencing issue, either...

I don't know, to me, SimRaceway seems like more my speed. They have more entry-level cars, and more cars (*cough* Mopars *cough*) period, but fewer tracks. But they do not charge for content you don't want, which I like...

I haven't looked at the others.

You can look at it like that, but there are a few things about that statement.

-At most, it's $15 a month. If you get 3 months at a time, it's $10 per month. And on down depending on the amount of time you purchase.
-The cars given to you at start up you do use. Granted I haven't used the right hand drive Miata, but everything else I have. And even now that I have a B license in oval, I still occasionally hit up the Legends cars and Street Stocks just for fun.
-You buy the content you want. There's only a handful of cars you start out with. The rest you buy. Same with the tracks. Granted, at $15 a pop on most stuff it's pricey, but they do have price cuts for bulk buying (3 or more I think).

I don't really look at it as stuff I don't use, because in reality I do use most of the stuff I've gotten. I prefer to look at it as paying a little more than what I do to play Forza, but the servers are incredibly stable and I've never had a problem with them. And given my internet speed that's saying something. I don't want to sound like a fanboy or anything, I just enjoy iRacing quite a bit and for the money I have to spend on it. Plus look at it this way, racing on iRacing is far less pressure than waiting for an AIDS test after a night of passion with a pre-op transvestite, am I right (someone whose name shall remain nameless)?
Remaggib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Remaggib wrote: waiting for an AIDS test after a night of passion with a pre-op transvestite, am I right (someone whose name shall remain nameless)?

Nasty.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Rem, the issue is that I don't like or want any of the freebie cars, so I'd pay the monthly fee, plus have to buy my content. With a setup like SimRaceway, I pay nothing for the basics, and can choose to buy more content if I want it. I haven't played it, it could be terrible, but I like the idea of it moreso than iRacing.

But, I am with Stalker. The cost for a truely sufficient gaming PC setup is ridiculous. If I have that kind of money to spend, I too would rather spend it on the real cars I have. Ya know, like converting my 62%/38% weight distribution FWD Sebring into a more balanced RWD Twin-Turbo car with a 5-speed manual... Then I could race Stalker fer realz...

No, seriously, I would much rather spend a few extra grand on go-fast parts for the Road Runner, or a air-suspension lift kit for the Ram, or something like that.

Furthermore, I would hate to loose to someone because they have a better PC. I know they say that stuff doesn't matter, but it does. I've played online before with PC sims. If you can run the maximum settings soothly and consistently, you will have an advantage over the guy who has to run the bare minimum settings and still has issues with PC performance.

While the XBox may be limited in capabilities, atleast we all have the same limitations to work with.
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:04 pm

I don't know that that's entirely accurate about the computers though. I mean, most of what you need is video card, and if you don't have a good enough one (or 2 in my case) to run good graphics you just have to dumb them down. I have 2 video cards (both NVIDIA something-hundreds and 1gb memory on each) but that's more by my being an idiot. I bought the 2nd one because it has 1gb memory on it, not remembering that I had an identical one in my computer already. So I run both in SLI or whatever it is. And my dual-core processor is several years old now, and I have 4gb RAM but mainly because I had 2 sticks (1gb each) and the computer started farting out. So after replacing the RAM it was ok. Well, recently I put the 2 older sticks in just for fun, and it's been fine since. I think all told if I were to buy everything new nowadays I'd be looking at like $600 or so.

In any case, yeah, it sucks that you don't like the beginner cars for iRacing, they can be fun though. Running fixed setup races with identical cars is right up my alley, I enjoy competing on a completely level field. Or, if there is a difference in computers, whatever, don't know. The Legends car is fun to romp around in, and very tricky to drive. Mastering that is something I have yet to do, but it's entertaining to start in the rear of the field, and watch people wreck because one wrong touch of the gas and it's going around. Unless you correct it, in which case it's going into the outside wall HARD.

But yeah, to each their own, I enjoy it but not for everyone. Is the other one that you like free?
Remaggib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:08 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbHPz2T5dCo&feature=youtu.be

This is the cockpit view, how I saw things. Coming up over the hill was interesting, I got about a foot of air under the tires but it takes a couple camera views to really show it. I'm writing this at 5:08, and it's saying an hour to upload this video. So check back after 6:08 CST Crying or Very sad

I really should upgrade my internet.
Remaggib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:11 pm

iRacing is more awesome because it's made by the same makers of Grand Prix Legends. Grand Prix Legends is/was still/are something the best ever. I win. end of story. Google Greger Huttu. !!!!!!!!!!!!I'LL SEE YOU ALL AT ROAD AMERICA!!!!!!!! coffee is awesome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Now there's a blast from the past! lol! Josh, you're awesome!

TuxTshirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top