Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I

4 posters

Go down

Which days are you available for a race starting at 9:30 EST? (Select all that apply.)

Forza - Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I I_vote_lcap14%Forza - Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Forza - Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I I_vote_lcap16%Forza - Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 6 ]
Forza - Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I I_vote_lcap14%Forza - Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Forza - Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I I_vote_lcap19%Forza - Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 7 ]
Forza - Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I I_vote_lcap16%Forza - Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 6 ]
[ 5 ]
Forza - Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I I_vote_lcap7%Forza - Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 37

Forza - Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I Empty Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I

Post  Simcik Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:19 am

FMROC seems to be growing more and more popular amongst those I've talked to.

I know this was Avanti's idea, but I'm kinda taking the lead on it as I am really excited about it.

Seems the Psuedo-'Venger is fun for most who have driven it, and it is pretty balanced with the all-Sport setup which handily ensures we all get the same tune week to week, so it's a get-in-and-go thing, which I think most of us like the idea of.

Here's what I know so far:

-While an exact timeframe is uncertain at this time, it is my intention to make the season short and sweet, with no more than 6 races (but no less than 4).

-Races will be short and sweet as well.

-The points structure will be straight out of the IROC rule book.

-The initial starting order will be determined by a randow draw, subsequent starting order by series points standing.

-Approved/Provided paint schemes will be required.

-STM, TCS will be forced off.

-Races will be rolling start.

Pretty straight forward, I think. But here is where I would like some additional input before deciding anything...

Tracks:

-Sunset Speedway
-Indy Speedway
-Motegi Twin-Ring
-Sedona Speedway

Those four are certain. Two long ovals, two short ovals, all IROC.

There are five tracks still in consideration, at most, two of them will make it:

-Sunset Reverse
-Ingy GP
-Laguna Seca
-Infineon
-Benchmark High-Speed Test Track (Oval)

In addition to the tracks, I am considering the following:

-ABS Forced Off

-Simulation Damage (You ought to try drafting with someone before you weigh in on this one...)

-Pits will be open, but a pit stop may not be required.

-A Competition Caution is being considered.

I have a few ideas on this one:

-1) A one lap slow-down, initiated by the lead car. Others are allowed to catch up at full-speed, but not pass. Pits would be open, but would result in a forfeiture of position if passed by a car that did not pit. Once the lap is complete, it's back to racing. (If this route is taken, I might include one race of longer length to allow fuel to be a concern for some added fun.)

-2) A mandatory pit stop, with a slow lap to follow. If a pass were to somehow occur in the pits (VERY UNLIKELY) due to damage or lack thereof to one car or the other, the positions would not be returned, and it would be considered a legal pass. Again, at the line, it's back to racing.

I want your opinions on the series, the car, the races, everything. I want this to be fun and simple, but realistic.

Okay, flame away:

Last edited by Simcik on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Forza - Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I Empty Re: Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I

Post  StalkerStang Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:40 am

Indy and Infineon

I like ABS

Sim damage I'm ok with

The alternating cars idea sounds cool, keeping colors of course, adds some veriety to it.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Forza - Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I Empty Re: Forza Motorsport Race of Champions I

Post  Simcik Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:51 am

Not really big on the alternating cars thing, myself.

The WS-6 was not that good on the ovals, actually. Hadn't tried any of the others... If someone else wants to, go ahead, but I will need help with set-ups and vinyls if we do that...

Also, forgot a few things in original post, please make sure to re-read it.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:35 am

As for cautions/pits, etc. I like option 1, but not so much option 2.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:09 pm

I like the sound of pretty much all of it, minus the DLC track.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:54 pm

We should put together a donation fund for the guys who cant afford the test track and then we all could join in on the fun of the bumpin rears....errrrr bumpers
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:14 pm

Okay, so pretty much decided on the execution of the competition caution:

Say we want to run a 50 lap race, I will punch in 52 laps for the whole event. We will run a formation lap on Lap 1, and go green on Lap 2. After 25 laps of racing, a Competition Caution will occur, starting as soon as the leader begins Lap 27.

During this time, the pits will remain open, and catching up will be allowed (and encouraged), but passing on the track is NOT ALLOWED. If you need to pit, pitting now will allow you fill up, get new tires, and repair any mechanical damage you may have without loosing too much ground. You WILL NOT be able to reclaim your position. If you are passed in the pits, you are passed - just like the big boys do.

At the end of Lap 27 (in most cases, some will be longer), it's back to green flag racing for another 25 laps.

Normal Cautions can (and probably will) occur at anytime during the race. If they do, the field will slow to the pace speed and reform. Again, you can catch up, but you cannot pass. The pits will be open.

A caution period will be a minimum of one lap, but could be longer under certain circumstances. If a caution starts prior to, but has not ended by the 3-Laps-To-Go mark for the Competition Caution or the Finish, the race will be redflagged. Once the caution is dealt with, the yellow flag will return for 1 lap, and the final 2 laps will be green.

If a caution occurs with either 3- or 2-laps-to-go of the FINISH, the race will be redflagged. If this occurs before the Competition Caution, the Competition Caution will be moved up, and more green flag laps added to the final run.

If a caution occurs on the final lap, the race will simply continue until the Finish. If this occurs prior to the Competition Caution, the C.C. will be started immediately and continue through it's normal length.

*****Also, I have created a poll. Please select the days which you would be available. For now, let's assume we keep the same 9:30 EST start time when you make your selection.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down