Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Who We Are & Why We Are Here - PLEASE READ

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who We Are & Why We Are Here - PLEASE READ

Post  Simcik on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:43 pm

First, let me preface this by saying that we have quite a group of guys here. Forza (or any game, for that matter) would not be nearly as enjoyable without the communities that make them up. Life-long friends, people who just met, people who don't even know each other's real name, all get together and are able to achieve something special...

We are all different.

Pretty sure that goes without saying, but it is good to be reminded. I'm a Mopar man, Stalker likes those funny girlie cars Ford makes, no one really know which side of the fence Avanti stands on... Those are just a few examples of the traits that make us all the individiuals we are.

Most of us have been racing together and gaming together for the last 10 months, and many have done so for even longer. In my opinion, that makes us all friends.

No friendship is perfect; there will be disagreements, arguments, and you know there will be teasing! (Not that kind, Avanti, sorry...) But friendships cannot be maintained when such disagreements and teasing are more common than comradery and support.

We all came here to race, to improve in our digital driving skills, to have a good time, and to make a few new friends along the way.

No one came here to be belittled or picked on, and no one will stay around to put up with too much of it.

Lately, there have been ever-increasing issues with negative posts in this forum and comments during racing sessions. While it is not my job or my desire to police such actions, I will do so if need be. If a comment you post of someone else is likely to offend you if reversed, DON'T POST IT!

Disagree, that is fine. You can say Ford is the best, and I will argue with you on it, but at the end of the day, you'll still be just as cool and just as much of a friend, and I will keep that in mind in my replies. I hope that you would do the same.

No one came here to be picked on or outcast.

Keep this is mind.

It would be nice to see our group become more renouned. It would be nice if we had to turn people away from races, or host A & B Group lobbies. It would be nice to have enough respect and support from the community that our "Forza Shortcomings" thread was read by whoever is in Redmond with some ferver and intention of improvement for fear of disappointment from our racers. It would be nice, but it won't be easy.

You see, to distinguish ourselves from the others, we must be distinguishable. We must race cleaner, faster, harder, and more accurately, and we must act more professional, more sincere, and more caring than those other guys, or we will end up as nothing more than a group of car racing nerds who have a playdate with each other on Friday nights.

I take this somewhat seriously, as it is my only affordable racing option at the moment. I hope you do too.

Please, when posting, remember that we are all here for the same things - and no one is here to be picked on! Have some courtesy, have some respect.

Disagree, tease, laugh, joke, but NEVER CROSS THE LINE.

We all know where it is - it's the one you've set for others when the tables are turned.

Have fun, but please keep this in mind in future posts. I enjoy these series, and I would like to see them continue to grow and be succesful, but that will not happen if we continue to fight and quarrel amongst one another.

WE ARE:

-Here to have fun.
-Here to improve.
-Here to make some friends.
-Adults.

WE ARE NOT:

-Petty Children.
-Ignorant Asshats.
-Just Some Guy Who Plays Forza.

Please act accordingly.

Thank you for reading through my rambling text. I hope you can all decifer the message and we can continue to enjoy each other's company on and off the digital race track.

Last edited by Simcik on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Simcik
Admin

View user profile http://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Who We Are & Why We Are Here - PLEASE READ

Post  Remaggib on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Trying to figure out what I missed, or if this might somehow be directed at me. If anyone has a problem with something I've said or done in the last week, I do apologize, as things have been rather... Complicated. Before that I don't think I really pissed anyone off, and it's usually my goal to do just that. Not piss anyone off. Unless you're a camper in Black Ops, in which case I'll get my decoys equipped and toss them at you while you're camping lol!
Remaggib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:21 pm

Remaggib wrote:Trying to figure out what I missed, or if this might somehow be directed at me. If anyone has a problem with something I've said or done in the last week, I do apologize, as things have been rather... Complicated. Before that I don't think I really pissed anyone off, and it's usually my goal to do just that. Not piss anyone off. Unless you're a camper in Black Ops, in which case I'll get my decoys equipped and toss them at you while you're camping lol!

Directed at all of us. Myself included.

And totally agree about the campers. Unless it's CTF, then I will see your decoys and raise you my SR-71.
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:06 am

I only play CTF to get marathon pro. I think that's what I need. In any case, I only use my decoys on my own teammates when all they do is camp (not CTF) and not even in areas with much traffic. Don't know how you camp for an entire match Sleep
Remaggib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:05 am

I'm all for not seriously bashing someone, outright being malicious, or purposely hurtful, that stuff is not cool..... But I won't be policed for using profanity, being "dirty" and/or inappropriate (within reason), and joking the way that we all do.

I almost catch a whiff of what happened with a Mustang forum I used to be a part of.....

In the beginning, we were a small group of Mustang guys just helping each other out, BS'ing, etc. and I eventually became a moderator. As we started to gain popularity, we attracted a large amount of members, and the owner of the site eventually turned it into a PG atmosphere. I'm not so much against the friendly atmosphere, but any time someone used profanity, or there was a sexual reference, the fuck'n AFM patrol would edit all the posts, censor posts, and sometimes completely remove them. Following all that, your PM box would completely fill with violations and warnings..... I no longer moderate that site, and hardly post there because some internet rent-a-cop will edit my posts.

I think we have a better group of guys here, but I hate to see us move towards that stuff just to please people that have no backbone and can't take a joke and a little profanity.... If you don't like it, don't read it, don't look at it.

I am one for maybe disclaimers or warnings of some sort for such posts, but we are adults....

All that being said, I think Avanti straddles said fence Sim......

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:21 am

StalkerStang wrote:I'm all for not seriously bashing someone, outright being malicious, or purposely hurtful, that stuff is not cool..... But I won't be policed for using profanity, being "dirty" and/or inappropriate (within reason), and joking the way that we all do...

Seems you understood the point, and you have nothing to worry about in regards to policing.

However, lets not let it go too far, that is all I am asking.

This is a purely
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:54 am

Simcik wrote:… Pretty sure that goes without saying, but it is good to be reminded. I'm a Mopar man, Stalker likes those funny girlie cars Ford makes, no one really know which side of the fence Avanti stands on... Those are just a few examples of the traits that make us all the individiuals we are. …
StalkerStang wrote:…All that being said, I think Avanti straddles said fence Sim......
Dudes, get your facts straight. I straddle the fence post and I've been known to sit on an upside down bar stool because it feels nice and I'm whimsical that way! Sometimes I ride that bar stool while we race. Shocked

Being serious now, I like many cars. I thank the automotive companies for being competitive with each other because that pushes them all to become better yet. Look at the Lexus LFA. Oh my Lord that car is a beautiful machine! Who knew, in 1992, that Lexus would one day build something that far out of their comfort box? Same goes for its IS-F; a 5L V8 and an 8 speed transmission? Me gusta! Ford sought the help of Parnelli Jones and with this pairing we have the return of the Boss 302. The new Boss' performance bar was the BMW M3. Those M3's are awesome pieces of machinery in their own right. Ferrari has borrowed recent advancements in shock technology from General Motors. I think that's cool.

I asked Sim to address this issue and I thank him for doing a phenomenal job in its presentation, especially the part where he mentions us wanting to be taken seriously. We would love for our Forza improvement ideas to actually be incorporated in the next iteration and if that is to happen at all, we can't be seen as a bunch of ass clown

Fuck
    Shit
    Cunt
    Bitch
    Asshole
    Damn it all to Hell
    Bastard
    and more …

Those are only words to me and I won't be policing their use as I don't care to police a lot of stuff. Laissez-faire is a wonderful mantra by which to live. I highly dislike people (especially those in blue uniforms and who work in state capitals) who ride a power trip so I make efforts not to do it. I don't view this as my forum, it's Forumotion's forum. They provide this space for all of us to enjoy common interests.

Squid and Tux slam each other's rear bumper. Harlen was brought in to take part in a menage a trois. Squid cheated on Tux. Stalker and Squid fling the ambiguously gay duo through the air while they fly on the trapeze. My version of American Iron is a joke. Coolbreeze needs summer's eve to cure the hot burn in his feminine flower. These running inside jokes are what keep this forum atmosphere loose and fun to be a part of.

All of us joke in here, I do too (see above correction to Stalker) but there is a point where jokes can go too far. In our desires to push the envelope farther than other forums allow, the line between acceptable and unacceptable becomes a lot more thin. It's this thinner line (which must be drawn somewhere) where Sim & I need to say, "That's too far, bring it back a little."
Avanti 63r1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Camping is a legitimate strategy! What a Face

Win The Day! I love my Ducks!
Ex US Squid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:21 am

Especially in the same spot, they talk shit about me camping when I snipe, why do they keep coming to the same spot to die if they know I'm camping there?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:06 pm

I usually rock the crossbow and frags and nova gas. If I know where there's a camper, I try to find an access area to plop at least one of my goodies up in their grille!
Remaggib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:43 pm

Well written Sim. I will certainly be more on the alert to things going too far. I haven't seen much on here that crosses the line unless I missed something. I will say this, we certainly don't have a child-friendly forum here. I'm ok with that, however, maybe we should have a highly visible warning just in case a youngster comes here to learn how to race. I know we all like to help fellow racers out, but this is far from a PG environment.

Having said all that, every time I come on here, I laugh. This is a fun environment for us adults that share interests.

TuxTshirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top