Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another 'quick' racing season

+5
Sorta05
Simcik
Remaggib
Ex US Squid
Avanti 63r1025
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Another 'quick' racing season - Page 3 Empty Re: Another 'quick' racing season

Post  Simcik Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:57 pm

Yeah, saw that last night. will be adding it. I was referring to you having no name, number, or true value stickers...

what is the sticker behind the front wheels? looked like eibach at first, but don't think it is...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:55 pm

A couple things Sim, for what they're worth. If we run the stock bumper the vinyls don't get smooshed as bad. Also, any chance we can run a different spoiler? One that doesn't look... ricey?

Otherwise, it's a blast to toss around a track, I'll have to get some ideas what people are running for a final rear end ratio because it feels like too much or not enough.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:23 pm

Haha - the spoiler options are very limited. So are front bumpers.

We could go stock up front, but they look very different from the actual IROC cars.

The rear is much tougher. That spoiler is not that ricey, comparatively. And from the side it is very, very close to the IROC Avengers... From the rear, it is not the same, but it is the best fit.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:47 am

I guess if you're going for the same looks that's fine, just the front bumper and the first option for spoiler looked better in my opinion lol. I forgot you were basing the car on something already used, my bad.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  ceet34 Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:58 am

Simcik wrote:Ceet, I am trying to go with a unique color for each driver. Looks like Smus will give up white, so it shouldn't be an issue, but for anyone else, please keep that in mind.

And very good Rem. Avanti got pink. I figured I'd let him choose the color he wants, but he never gets on here anymore, so...

oh my bad guys i didnt know smus had white, ill go with whatever color you give me sim. no biggie i honestly was just trying to pick a color that i didnt see anyone else had Very Happy
ceet34
ceet34

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:08 pm

NP, Ceet. You got white. Smus really wanted to purple anyway, and I got mixed up in my thinking the other day and told him it was taken.

Anyway, if you have gotten a design, check it out! The real IROC cars had your surname on the side - I used your gamertag. (Mine happens to be my surname...) If you would like your surname, send me a message and I will change it or add it accordingly.

If anyone can determine what the small decal is behind the front wheels on the real IROC cars, let me know. Otherwise, we are good to go I think!

Also, if you got a design, you should have also gotten a tune. If you got multiple tunes, please use the most recent version.

To check that you have the correct version, please check that the rear axle ratio is 3.05. If it is not 3.05, please adjust it. The car is technically a 6-speed, but with the 3.05s, it acts like a 4-speed. Even in a draft, you shouldn't hit the rev limiter. (You'll get close though...) If we run these, it will kinda be a "honor system" with the shifting, though with the gearing so high for 5th and 6th, using them should hurt you more than anything... The only other adjustable setting is the diff. I have it set on 35% accel and 15% decel, which keeps the car nice and tidy around corners with your foot still on the throttle, and it keeps the ass-end from side stepping when you let off quickly. You can change this setting to suit you, but I recommend you drive it first before changing anything.

The accurate tune is on my storefront if you need it.

These cars are a blast! Very balanced and predictable, but they will get loose on you if you are not careful, especially since they have no aero.

They are great on ovals, and even though the Avengers never raced on road courses, the car handles well around Indy GP and Road America, so I think they would be pretty good for just about whatever we want to do.

If Avanti ever gets on here, we can iron out some more details...

If we want other cars, that's fine. I've built up the WS6, and it is fun too, though not as stable as the Ste-venger... If we go with anything else, though, I'll need some help with all the liveries...

Here is an updated list of the drivers and colors:

Me (Simcik) - Red
Squid - Lt. Blue
Smus - Purple
Rem - Lime Green
Tux - Black
Ceet - White
Stalker - Yellow
Avanti - "Lightish Red" (for now)

The real IROC available colors are:

Med. Blue
Dk. Blue
Lt. Orange
Med. Orange

Let me know if you want me to make you one...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:10 pm

And Silver/Grey
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:18 pm

Ah, forgot about not tuning the tranny. I will switch back to 3.05 gears. If'n anyone happens to be on and I'm on hit me up, I'll be down for some laps. Not sure if I will be able to use mic, but we will see.

As a side note, sunny
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:And Silver/Grey

Yeah, forgot Silver. Can't find gray anywhere, but we can add it. There was alss a cream color some years, and fewer blues, so we can add that as well...
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HarlenAss Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:23 pm

I would like to join in on the fun (IROC series). God I've been so busy last 2-3 weeks (106-112 F) for the last couple weeks keeps me workin 12-14 hrs a day and still can't keep my head above water. I havn't even kept up with the chatter on the forum site at all. Sound fun in equal cars... Smash the gas and go. If I could be gifted the setup and livery any color available other than pink or fuchsia. HarlenAss on the door. I will be trying to get some more Forza time in this week. Hope others will hit me up for some laps later.

Thanks Sir Harlenass II
HarlenAss
HarlenAss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3