Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

What do you drive? What have you driven?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What do you drive? What have you driven?

Post  Sorta05 on Sat May 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Never thought of the devil connection there! A lot of guys on the forums swear the 06 models are faster then the later models due to added weight and more conservative motor tuning. The car pulls stupid hard. In winter here in GA you have to pedal 2nd... certainly the first car I've ever had to worry about that.

Willow was a blast! I did the streets of willow twice before I left SoCal. Still wish I had the chance to do big willow. I learned a lot about the car and driving on a track. It's completely different then autox. You def use some of the skills from autox but it's very different. In autox the car never really gets into steady state in a turn, where as at willow almost every turn you do. I'm about 2-3 hours from Road Atlanta now and need to find the time to hit it up before I leave GA. RA is a little more intimidating though as it's not as forgiving of a track as willow...
Sorta05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt on Sat May 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Awesome ride Sorta! No really, I mean, awesome ride all the way! Laughing Our taste in cars is very similar. Except I don't actually own that car.

TuxTshirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 on Sun May 13, 2012 12:17 am

Thanks Tux! The price on the C6Z's is coming down, you can find the 06's for high 30's now with some miles on them. Honestly though I was seriously considering a C5Z instead. I think it's the best bang for the buck out there today. You can get them easily in the 20's and if you don't mind a high mileage one teens are possible. Insurance is also cheaper on the C5... I bit the bullet on the C6 and said f it you only live once!
Sorta05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Foamy_302 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:49 am

I currently drive a 2000 Dodge Neon with a 5 speed. Past cars include 2 mercury/Nissan minivans a few 80's k cars, a 71 Plymouth fury 3, a 86 lincoln town car, 91 ford explorer, and many others

Foamy_302

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:45 am

Formerly named "Past love..."

So I've been dreaming of her lately. We had 8 good years before going our separate ways. Hardest thing I've ever had to do was walk away from what we had. I guess maybe someday another will come along that makes me as happy as she did. And with any luck, my wife will approve.

It was love at first sight of her internet post. I knew I had to have her. Sure she was in rough shape, but I could change her.

I even had a sound system in her before I had her running. Bought with a blown head gasket between 5 and 6, she was running rough, but running. It took a lot of time and money, but eventually (2 months later) I had the head gasket changed. Why 2 months you ask? These two guys.

The guy in white, James, (nicknamed by me 2-hour-head-gasket-changing-James-the-bastard) said that he and my friend Ken (owned an identical '84) could change the head gasket in, you guessed it, 2 hours. I have back problems and occasionally I will be laid up for days at a time. This was during one of those times. I told them I'd pay them in beer. They got the thing torn down to the head gasket, put the head on a pair of sawhorses, and left with the beer. After a month, I gave up hope that they'd return to finish the job. I worked on it during the weekends, with no idea how it came apart. And the book? Largely unhelpful considering it was borrowed and they had returned it. So, 8 full days of working on it as well as cleaning parts and painting some while they were off, and I had finally gotten it back together. However, all was not right with the world. For, you see, when I turned the key, it roared to life. And kept roaring. Well, we can't have a roar, we need a roar then a purr. After another week I broke down, and asked for help. Got another identical owner to come out, with his '85, and we spent a few hours tracing and matching vacuum lines. Wouldn't you know it, starting at the top of the block with nothing but parts and a vague understanding of internal combustion engines, in my excitement of having very few "spare parts", and the fact that it was winter, I had crossed 2 vacuum lines when putting this thing back together. Finished, and she roared, then purred. Ah.

That's what it looked like after several years. Unfortunately engine shots are missing from my collection in the middle. But you get the point. I had put a custom intake on her, did some custom spark plug wire covering, yadda yadda yadda. She was great, only broke down on me once, and that was at my parents' house when the outer brake pad randomly fell out of the driver's side wheel. So I drove with no brakes home, and did the brakes in the parking lot. (I had since moved and was unable to work in the garage at my parents' house.) Other problems, one of the fuel injector electrical clips broke so I had a misfire for a while, and then in 2009, on a pizza delivery, part of the rear suspension gave way to rust and snapped in half. This tore my shock apart and dragged it down the road. With such a lack of similar cars in junkyards anymore, combined with the insanely dangerous task of trying to pull a part off of a junkyard car with only had tools an no impact wrench (pretty much required), I had to make the insanely hard decision to sell her. I only hope that the guy who bought her from me is taking care of her. I did send him an email before heading here, asking for pics if he has any. Of all the things I've lost, this one hurts the most. Final pics taken were by my wife because I was too busy heading inside to do some manly crying in the privacy of my own home. I still shed a tear thinking of her. Ok, so maybe I'm not the tough guy you all think I am Rolling Eyes

And then a few random pictures taken various places.

My parents' house, with my other car.

^^^Yes, that's a limo.

Apparently when I visited the 4th dimension.

Madison, WI during a Celica and Supra meet.

I'm missing the pictures from the Milwaukee Mile when I had it on the track, I have 1 paper picture I could scan in but other than that, it's probably buried in a pile of pictures in the closet. But yeah, picture the Milwaukee Mile, then picture my car on the track there. Fun times. I'm also missing pictures of the stereo system I had in her. Had an Alpine deck, 500/2 amp, and a pair of JL 12W0s in the rear. My goal was to get a ticket for too loud of a stereo system, never happened though. And now I'm hard of hearing. So, anyways, mods, if this is too large or too corny or something feel free to do whatever, but I've been thinking about this thing a LOT lately (Avanti probably saw a post about it on Facebook) and wanted to share with y'all. I figured maybe it would make me feel better. It didn't, but that's ok.

Last edited by Avanti 63r1025 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged with "What do you drive? What have you driven?")
Remaggib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:22 pm

I hear ya.

I've had 2 of those...project cars I mean...

First one was a matching numbers 1966 Olds 442. I changed the fuel pump and the carb...never ran right and I had little to no idea what I was doing...sat in the garage for almost 2 years never getting closer to completion...that car was great.

Other one was a 1991 Alfa Romeo 164L. Green car with brown leather. Automatic trans with heated front and rear seats. Had a reeeealy bad knock down low so I decided to buy it and yank the motor. Well I got as far as needing to remove the half shafts and engine mounts and I just lost all interest. Working in a pole barn with no lights and no heat on an uneven concrete floor doesn't lend to a pleasant working experience.

I want a garage so I can try again...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:19 pm

Moderator approved Rem. Though I'll move this to the (past rides) thread. I miss my '83 GTI.

I bought and installed the über rare Hella grille on the car. I also installed the European bumpers, with turn indicators in the bumper. I had the Westmoreland, PA built car (square headlights) and my turn indicators were already outboard of the headlights. I popped out the European turn indicators and slid in some Hella FF 75 driving lights in their place.

I had fun with six lights (plus high beams) shining off the front of the car. I'd get flashed by other motorists for having my high beams on … and then I'd really turn them on. Sometimes I'd get flashed with only my standard head lights and the grille lights on, so I'd turn on the 75s and kick in the real high beams. Yeah, good times.
Avanti 63r1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iiDangerCloseBK on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:09 pm

I drive my dads 2005 BMW 325, automatic Sad

I want to buy an e36 for my daily driver and get a spec miata car for racing and work my way through the rankings.
iiDangerCloseBK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:10 pm

Doesn't NASA or SCCA have Spec BMW? An e30 would be BA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 am

Ha - I've seen a 325 auto do some pretty serious autocrossing. I don't know if I'd be cryin' just yet.
Simcik
Admin

View user profile http://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OLDFenderBender on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Here was my daily driver back in High school, had put a aftermarket stereo system in it for funsies. Had a 1.3L 4cyl with a 5 speed, had fun with that thing till the tranny gave out and sold it. If I do get a chance to buy another one, I might put a slightly larger motor and upgrade the suspension and put the speakers and head unit back in and such and make it a project car. Cool (1995 Geo Metro)

This was my father's daily driver that I had first learned to drive with a clutch, used to take it out on the back roads here and have some fun. I still think that this had one of the best sounding V6's.(1999 SVT Contour)

I don't have a picture of my father's current daily driver but it's a 2006 Mazdaspeed 6, and that thing can haul some a$$.

As for now, I'm riding a bike that costs just as much as that Geo Rolling Eyes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:40 pm

We have the same Daily! 06 MS6 GT. You have the VVT issue or not?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OLDFenderBender on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:40 pm

I couldn't tell you off the top of my head, I think it is. It's also got the two tone interior with white and black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:01 pm

My friend has the same, a Mazdaspeed6. He put money into the turbo and engine after it gave him some problems and the car is awesome now. I agree, those cars are pretty sweet daily machines.

Step-mom had (still does, in Maine) a '92 Benz 500E. I suppose I could put that on the list of what I drove, along with my dad's few Benzes: 300 SD TD, and 560 SEL. The 500 hauls balls. To the trained observer it looks a lot different than a measly 190E or 300E, but to the layperson, it blends right in. Nobody expects this thing has a VVT 5L engine in a car Porsche and Mercedes helped assemble. The ONLY thing I wish Benz did was give it a ZF 5-speed manual as an option; all those early 500s are automatics.

The Ronin crew used a 500 as their camera car, because it could keep up with the movie star cars.
Avanti 63r1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top