Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real automotive problems

2 posters

Go down

Real automotive problems Empty Real automotive problems

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:24 am

Paging Tux, paging Tux. Really this question is directed at anyone with Mopar knowledge though I know Tux works on them.

My dad's Magnum (I'm unsure of the year edit: 2006) doesn't want to let him out every time. The driver's side interior door handle does not always activate, he's got to try a handful of times before it'll let him out. This isn't a simple "pull off the interior door card and lube the parts" is it?

Last edited by Avanti 63r1025 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Real automotive problems Empty Re: Real automotive problems

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:51 am

Check near the latch for a body colored sticker(on the door, at the latch side). If it has one, remove the sticker, that should reveal an adjustment screw for the latch mechanism. Make sure to adjust the latch tight, and tighten the screw. Let me know if this helps. If that's not the case, you are correct, door panel removal will be necessary to inspect the cause of the concern. Let me know how you make out.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:47 pm

We'll give that a shot and update here later. Thanks for the suggestions.

Found a body colored plate with an access hole. Inside that hole was what looked to be a set screw with a Hex head. I loosened it, played with both door handles, tightened it, and the interior handle seemed to work better.

If that's not all of the problem there are three larger bolts (appear to be Torx head) which look as if removing them will give more access. We'll take a look under there later if push comes to shove.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Those three torx bolts will unbolt the latch. Don't take them out unless you need to remove the latch. You will have to remove the door panel to remove the latch all together.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down