Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our week off.

+5
Josh on ze bass
Ex US Squid
Smus
Avanti 63r1025
TuxTshirt
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Our week off. Empty Our week off.

Post  TuxTshirt Sun May 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Just a reminder to all, we aren't racing this Friday. We will return next week. This should be a good week for some to test some of the future series ideas.

Last edited by TuxTshirt on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Our week off. Empty Re: Our week off.

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Mon May 21, 2012 2:12 am

TuxTshirt wrote:Just a reminder to all, we aren't racing this Friday. We will return next week. This should be a good week for some to test some of the future series ideas.
… And to get reacquainted with our beloved Porsche, who returns Tuesday.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Mon May 21, 2012 8:22 am

Mmmmmmmm...Porsche....
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon May 21, 2012 9:11 am

Question for the two RUF drivers:
Are either of you interested in switching to a Porsche for this series?
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon May 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Seeing as how those Rufs are rapin the field I doubt you get any takes Tux haha
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon May 21, 2012 6:51 pm

That's what I was thinking. I will, however, attempt to match the performance of the Porsche to the RUF. There's no point in doing the build if no one is thinking of switching though. It would be a little bit of a hassle for Ceet and Josh because they will have to do the livery over again.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Tue May 22, 2012 12:07 am

I think we'll be okay. As said before but with a slight edit. CEET is raping the field with his Ruf, I'm just barely staying competitive. Smile and I won't be droppin the money for the new cars....... Unless only I get peer pressured into it. Like killing a homeless man on the streets to join a fraternity... Worst experience in middle school EVER. More truck.
Our week off. Trucki11
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  ceet34 Tue May 22, 2012 1:07 am

ill just stick with the ruf, i cant see myself getting much more out of the porsche to make the switch.
ceet34
ceet34

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue May 22, 2012 3:14 am

Yea but you did get in your middle school glee club so you had no choice. I dont think anyone would have done anything different. And if you dont get the Porsche pack then I will begin killing homless guys every hour until you do!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue May 22, 2012 12:55 pm

Ok. It's settled then, I won't bother with a Porsche build.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Just another heads up for everyone, we are not racing again this Friday. I hope to see you all soon.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:07 am

Hopefully everyone will be tuned in to the 24 Heures du Mans this weekend, yes?!

I don't know if I'll have my XBox during my 5 week trip. I'd love to take it though it takes space, space in luggage that could be used for other things. Unfortunately luggage on airplanes is at a premium these days and I ain't fly like a G6 so I don't get to fly via private plane. If I don't take my system I'll rejoin the series for the 7/20 race. I may not be on the track with y'all but I will have use of a computer.

Don't delay any more than you've already built into the schedule. I'll be having fun getting fiberglass splinters all up in my sexy figure! Ha! I'm picking up a motorsports kit GoPro Hero2 camera to take pictures & video of the restoration process which I'll post for those keeping score at home.

The minimum goal of this trip is to repair/replace all body damage and strip the paint. Progressing further than that would be killer and if I can bring it up to being road legal, I'll fasten the GoPro to the car and take you along for some virtual rides. I will be joyfully crying and will have the biggest shit-eating grin on my face if the project gets that far. 10/6/97 was the last time the car drove under its own power and I was the one in it.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 am

Geoffy do like I have in some of my military flights on deployments. We would fly commercial to somewhere close to the combat zones so we had to deal with the baggage BS a bunch. All the cables and controls in the checked back and the console in your backpack or small carry on. Plenty of room in both checked and carry bags for other stuff this way as well! Haha flying with the military makes you either suffer or become a logistical genius cheers

Oh and maybe the extra week off will give Tux enough time to update those points so I can see just how badly Ive fallen in the standings for missing Twin Ring lol!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:00 pm

Already updated. I gave you the 5 points for the skip.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:14 pm

I'm one of those weirdos who attempts to keep original manufacturer boxes (except for large items), and I have my 360's box. I could pack it all into its original box, complete with Styrofoam blocks. That box is just a good sized lump which occupies precious space though I'll see what I can do.

May the jokes & puns about stuffed boxes, and packing, commence ↓
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:29 pm

He said "pack it all into its....box". Very Happy
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  sbclowrider Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:52 pm

You could always ship it to yourself. Or take your hard drive and game and pick up a new one when you get there. Just a thought. Good luck with the resto!
sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:32 am

I wish I could do some of those things. It doesn't look like I'll be taking my gaming gear with me. Continue reading and please stop drinking now. I won't be liable for beverage sprayed over your computer equipment.

You'll all get a laugh out of this one. I'm bringing my dad a Bay Area care package at his request. He grew up here and came to love the local goodness. He asked for (2) #9 Togo's sandwiches and packages of assorted Louisiana Hot Link sausages. These are in my carry on bag. My camera bag, the GoPro, a book, my mp3 player, and a GPS receiver are fighting for space with the consumable items. If I encounter a problem I'll threaten to whip out my elephant This country has the potential to be the absolute best out there, but it still definitely has its head up its ass. So anyway, I haven't any room for an XBox or its accessories.

My dad interviewed for a position in Alaska not long ago, and said he literally flew home with a rack of ribs on his lap. He put it through the screener and the TSA agent said, "Hey! Who put an item through with bones in it?" My dad said it was a rack of ribs that he bought. My dad also had horseradish to go with the ribs. Long story short, the ribs were fine though he couldn't take the horseradish.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 am

There's always the option of sending someone your tune, and renting a console and game by your dad's, and having said person ship the tune back to you so you can make the race. Sheesh, I thought you had priorities man! Very Happy
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:09 pm

I have arrived. I was here sooner though this is the first I've felt up to using a computer. I had to sleep in Wash. Dulles airport because United cancelled the last leg of my flight Wed. night. I slept in a series of cat naps throughout the night.

Anyhow, I'm here, I didn't have space for a console, its accessories and the game. Race on without me for a bit, I'll be back in July. I'm having a good time just in catching up with my dad and step-mom.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Glad to hear you made it safely Avanti. Keep in touch, and enjoy the time with your family.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm

So we have another quick break this weekend from Rolex and I have come up with one night event that those of us online Friday night can race in place of the break in events. We could run three sprint races of around 8-10 laps each in some various cars at three tracks. Possibly like this-->

Race #1 - 10 laps @ Sonoma Nascar in stock Nascar stockcars

Race #2 - 8 laps @ Road America in Stalkers Pirelli World Challenge GTS cars

Race #3 - 10 laps @ Road Atlanta in American Iron AIX rules 1965-1975 muscle cars

***no need to tune much for these. Stockcars will be stock untuned. You can use your stockcar if you want to have a livery. GTS is still untuned to help Stalker in data and the AIX race is to see how much interest there would be in a Historic Trans Am series. I know myself, Smoos and Avanti want one.

Ya'll interested?
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:01 pm

I might be, not sure if I have the GTS available to me or not, as I have little DLC and don't know if it is DLC or not. As for the AIX dealy, if I'm around much I can try to make a car that fits the rules, but if someone has a few on their storefront I would prefer to just browse and pick one already built (and tuned?).
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:26 pm

No worries Rem, The GTS is actually Stalkers Pirelli World Challenge cars that are based off the GTS class rules so theres all the cars on his storefront that are in game and not DLC.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:07 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:No worries Rem, The GTS is actually Stalkers Pirelli World Challenge cars that are based off the GTS class rules so theres all the cars on his storefront that are in game and not DLC.

The Cayman is DLC.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next