Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.A.T. setting issues? Look here.

+4
Simcik
Sorta05
TuxTshirt
Avanti 63r1025
8 posters

Go down

N.A.T. setting issues? Look here. Empty N.A.T. setting issues? Look here.

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun May 13, 2012 2:22 am

I'm sure we have forum members who could explain this but why type it? We have hundreds of videos available already. It really is frustrating that some people have to be network engineers to game over XBox Live though that's the price we pay in our current technological state.

Linksys routers:

Apple Airport Express or Airport Extreme routers:

If those videos don't work for you here is a link to YouTube with a search inquiry already entered. Chances are a video listed here will work for you.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

N.A.T. setting issues? Look here. Empty Re: N.A.T. setting issues? Look here.

Post  TuxTshirt Sun May 13, 2012 9:15 am

Brilliant! Thanks for this Avanti.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sun May 13, 2012 11:10 am

lol! My linksys router is so old it doesn't have any of those setting options... Guess that means I need to search for updated firmware. What's that old saying... oh yeah "if it ain't broke don't fix it" watch me just make things worse...
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sun May 13, 2012 11:32 am

Well turns out I was probably already on the latest firmware version... which was released 3 years ago. I guess 6 years of service is a long time for electronics huh? I hate to get rid of a perfectly good peace of hardware but maybe it is time to upgrade from G to N...

Edit: Holy$h!t you can still buy it new for $50...
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun May 13, 2012 3:43 pm

Sorta05 wrote:Well turns out I was probably already on the latest firmware version... which was released 3 years ago. I guess 6 years of service is a long time for electronics huh? I hate to get rid of a perfectly good peace of hardware but maybe it is time to upgrade from G to N...

Edit: Holy$h!t you can still buy it new for $50...

I feel ya on the time thing, six years isn't that long, but that's an enternity for technology. Hell just look at the XBox or Forza from 6 years ago... The upgrade can't hurt.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Sun May 13, 2012 6:01 pm

This video helped me figure it out finally. The older linksys WRT54G can do the same thing you just have to make the IP static on your xbox then assign that IP to the DMZ and presto. So far it seems to work for me. Can't really tell if it's any faster or not.

Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun May 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Sorta05 wrote:This video helped me figure it out finally. … Can't really tell if it's any faster or not.
I don't believe you'll have any noticeable speed increases though we thank you for doing it. What it should do is make it easier for people to connect to the room.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon May 14, 2012 12:25 am

Yea posting a lil DizzyDoug action! Thats the vid I mentioned a while back when we had issues getting Harlen in the room. Good lookin out Geoff cause I totally spaced the notion of putting the vid up on the forum.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:40 am

Well after tonight's debacle, users may want to revisit this thread and look at their settings.

I posted this as a sticky from the get-go though I know how things go; they are forgotten after some time.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:45 am

I had to quickly reset my stuff last night, during which I re-did my NAT settings. I had them turned off when I visited my brother last month. However, even with MY NAT settings all good, I still couldn't join until Squid hosted. Either too many people joining at once or someone without the NAT settings set up were hurting connectivity. To use a not yet tired phrase, iRacing doesn't have that problem lol!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:57 am

You guys had new members running last night right? I'd say start there. Every time we seemed to have added someone, there was a problem. I remember Capt.Slow always had a connectivity issue. It's probably safe to assume most of the regulars are good to go. I do know I seemed to have some compatibility issues with SickBlueStang the other night. My NATs are still open.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:13 pm

I always have issues when Stalker hosts.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:30 pm

I just refreshed my settings. My former XBox was set up though it's now chillin' in my closet. I bought Stalkers' former XBox and hadn't done this to it yet. Now I am good to go.

I also know we've nominated 'Shatter' to put together a thread further helping people to find their Internet's most efficient route. Simcik or myself will apply the sticky to that post once it appears.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Shatterpoints Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:I just refreshed my settings. My former XBox was set up though it's now chillin' in my closet. I bought Stalkers' former XBox and hadn't done this to it yet. Now I am good to go.

I also know we've nominated 'Shatter' to put together a thread further helping people to find their Internet's most efficient route. Simcik or myself will apply the sticky to that post once it appears.

Yarp. The post is alive and stuck. Hope it is easy enough. If anyone needs help, PM or msg me.
Shatterpoints
Shatterpoints

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down