Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New series

+9
Sorta05
StalkerStang
C4PT41N SL0W
Simcik
TuxTshirt
Smus
Remaggib
Ex US Squid
Avanti 63r1025
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New series - Page 3 Empty Re: New series

Post  Sorta05 Mon May 21, 2012 10:21 pm

So just got done doing some test runs for an ALMS series. Looks like the developers did their homework and all the cars were very close for the couple of runs I did. They have several GT2 cars to choose from: Lambo Gallardo R (something er other), Ferrari 458 and 430, BMW M3, Panoz, and Ford GT. Once the porsche add on comes out that will be 7 (maybe Cool cars to choose from. I would think along with running the GT2 cars the series would only run tracks that the ALMS or GT2 cars actually run at (Le Mans Duh). This would be a pretty short series as Forza only has a few of the ALMS tracks. This would also be the easiest to do as most all of the car leveling has been done by the developers (or so it appears). I would think trying to do a multi class race with as few drivers we have wouldn't be in our best interest. But again everything is already in the game for doing that if we wanted.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue May 22, 2012 1:38 am

A few other ALMS GT2 cars (and ALMS tracks) would be greatly appreciated. We need the GT2 class Corvette and I sure as heck wouldn't complain if Mid-Ohio, V.I.R., Lime Rock, Miller Motorsports Park, and the track formerly known as Mosport appeared in Forza 4. One solution might be to race with a 2000s blended event consisting of GT1 legal Viper, Corvette, Saleen S7, Maserati, Aston Martin, and Ferrari 550 with GT2 legal BMW, Ford GT, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, and others I have missed.

A larger field is easy; first open the enrollment to this forum and get all interested parties then make a post on forzamotorsport.net and point them here. We can fill out a series that way.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue May 22, 2012 3:42 am

OH and the Viper needs to be in the ALMS series but the Comp Coupe I think is a bit under the performance level and the 2000 GTS-R is over it. But Id have to double check to be sure. My biggest worry is that stepping up to hardcore race cars like this will intimidate and run off a few of our fellow buddies like Rem. Rem hauls ass in the D-B classes but he just doesnt care for the high speeds and I believe he told me one time a while ago that reason he dislikes the upper classes is due to reaction times and how the speed makes all you input magnified and sped up causing small mistakes to be very catastrophic when compared to the same mistake made in say a AI class American Iron car. This is my only worry otherwise the ALMS idea would be fun to try. Id love a good reason to attempt to reel in the 458 GT cars very loose attitude in the bendy parts. The car looks alot like the Merc AMG Black that was on Top Gear last night.
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Tue May 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Would anyone have interest in running a short SEAT Leon Supercup series? Spec series like, maybe just 6 races every other week...like say a tuesday night? Just paint em and go. Double heat races on tracks we normally dont use or odd configurations. Flip the field for heat 2?
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Tue May 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:OH and the Viper needs to be in the ALMS series but the Comp Coupe I think is a bit under the performance level and the 2000 GTS-R is over it. But Id have to double check to be sure. My biggest worry is that stepping up to hardcore race cars like this will intimidate and run off a few of our fellow buddies like Rem. Rem hauls ass in the D-B classes but he just doesnt care for the high speeds and I believe he told me one time a while ago that reason he dislikes the upper classes is due to reaction times and how the speed makes all you input magnified and sped up causing small mistakes to be very catastrophic when compared to the same mistake made in say a AI class American Iron car. This is my only worry otherwise the ALMS idea would be fun to try. Id love a good reason to attempt to reel in the 458 GT cars very loose attitude in the bendy parts. The car looks alot like the Merc AMG Black that was on Top Gear last night.

Have you driven the GT2 cars? Honestly I think they are way easier to drive then the rolex cars we are racing now. Although the Ferrari's can be tricky with the Bm's not that far behind. But the cars are lighter and have way more down force with about the same power. I thought they were as easy or easier to hustle around RA... And they are already set up pretty good. So that might level the field some.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue May 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:OH and the Viper needs to be in the ALMS series but the Comp Coupe I think is a bit under the performance level and the 2000 GTS-R is over it. But Id have to double check to be sure. My biggest worry is that stepping up to hardcore race cars like this will intimidate and run off a few of our fellow buddies like Rem. Rem hauls ass in the D-B classes but he just doesnt care for the high speeds and I believe he told me one time a while ago that reason he dislikes the upper classes is due to reaction times and how the speed makes all you input magnified and sped up causing small mistakes to be very catastrophic when compared to the same mistake made in say a AI class American Iron car. This is my only worry otherwise the ALMS idea would be fun to try. Id love a good reason to attempt to reel in the 458 GT cars very loose attitude in the bendy parts. The car looks alot like the Merc AMG Black that was on Top Gear last night.

Very true Squid. The AI was pushing the top end of my comfort level with racing. The Rolex series I am having a very hard time getting into, largely because of the speed and how everything happens so fast but also because of some recent developments in my personal life. I'm still going to try to make the Rolex races, if for nothing else so that the winner gets a little more money on account of me being an extra car. I love the group we've gathered and really want to race with you all more, but I think A class is my limit of what I can actually competitively race.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sorta05 Tue May 22, 2012 6:34 pm

Remaggib wrote:Very true Squid. The AI was pushing the top end of my comfort level with racing. The Rolex series I am having a very hard time getting into, largely because of the speed and how everything happens so fast but also because of some recent developments in my personal life. I'm still going to try to make the Rolex races, if for nothing else so that the winner gets a little more money on account of me being an extra car. I love the group we've gathered and really want to race with you all more, but I think A class is my limit of what I can actually competitively race.

Rem it took me a long while before I could manage the GT and P cars. It's something you have to work your way up (I still crash them). I'm also not good at getting the max potential out of the race cars. They are certainly a different breed to drive fast. In the interest of helping even the field I don't see why we couldn't allow traction control to be on if you wanted/needed it.
Sorta05
Sorta05

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue May 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Smus wrote:Would anyone have interest in running a short SEAT Leon Supercup series? Spec series like, maybe just 6 races every other week...like say a tuesday night? Just paint em and go. Double heat races on tracks we normally dont use or odd configurations. Flip the field for heat 2?

I may be interested. Give us some more info if you're ready to start planning.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Tue May 22, 2012 8:59 pm

I'm with you Rem. I like the lower class cars as well. I have more fun with them. I'm even that way with real racing. I would prefer to watch a bunch of sportsman and lower class drag racing all day than Top Fuel.

I had another series in mind that would keep power in the 300-400 range that would have a few different cars. I want to do some base testing before I let it out though, could be a fun series, its real world and I have specific rules down to each car...
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu May 24, 2012 3:41 am

Ex US Squid wrote:… I've already begun to test with Smoos and I know Avanti is in the process of initializing builds for a Trans Am series. We just need Porsche to show up to help round out the 2.0 liter and under class
So Porsche showed up and there is no legit U2 class chassis. The 914 platform is a two-seat car so it's out. The 911 of that era is a coupe as it has rear seats. So what's the problem? The problem is a 1973 Carrera RS has a 2.7L engine. We need a mid '60s to later '60s Porsche equipped with the 1991cc flat-6 boxer engine to fit in T/A competition.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Thu May 24, 2012 11:23 am

im ok with that..when Porsche was in they dominated big time! Itll give the other cars a chance to duke it out. Could run the Carrera in the big car class.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Thu May 24, 2012 9:19 pm

Well, I have built all but one car that I want to run in a new series. I don't want to say what it is out loud yet, but I would like some testing to be done. Only thing I will say is power is anywhere from 330-450 HP, and includes, front, rear, and all wheel-drive cars.

I'll fill in volunteers with more details, and even bounce a couple ideas off of them.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Thu May 24, 2012 10:34 pm

I'll help if you want me to Stalker. PM me if you want to keep on the DL.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  sbclowrider Thu May 24, 2012 11:23 pm

Ill help too just let me know when
sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Fri May 25, 2012 2:26 am

Anyone that wants to help, I'll be on for a little bit tomorrow afternoon/night. I could send builds to people who are interested. Still have a few things I'm undecided on, I'll run it by some of you.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  ceet34 Fri May 25, 2012 3:19 am

ill test some cars too if you want to send some to me
ceet34
ceet34

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Fri May 25, 2012 5:52 pm

I'd offer to test but I don't think I'm really good enough to be a tester.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Fri May 25, 2012 7:04 pm

I actually prefer to have drivers with different skill levels. Since I'm undecided on a few things, input from everyone would help make the decisions.

Everyone that is helping: Should I send all the builds out? Or post them on my storefront. I have 15 cars to choose from. I know there are some favorites among the bunch that will be used for sure, but I'm not sure of the interest in the others.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Fri May 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Well if you need someone from the poor skill level and I'm around, I'll do what I can!

It would probably be easiest to put them up on your storefront and let people pick a few out. Either that or send each individual build to each volunteer.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon May 28, 2012 9:02 pm

Send me the builds if you have time. I'll do some testing.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Tue May 29, 2012 8:12 pm

Ok Tux, be careful opening your inbox, it might explode with cars and car parts lol
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  sbclowrider Tue May 29, 2012 10:38 pm

If you want to send the builds to me too I will test them when I can
sbclowrider
sbclowrider

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Wed May 30, 2012 12:26 am

Ok I've sent out the builds to the guys that said they wanted them. Including me 6 of us have all the builds. It should be enough for testing. I have ran some of the cars with squid and have a general idea where most of the cars end up, I know which ones are really fast, and a few that need some help. I have pre-adjusted gearing and ask that it not be changed for now. I would like all other tuning to be left alone as well for now. When I have the cars more evened out then I don't care if the tuning is adjusted.

There may also be another car added to the group. Not sure yet.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed May 30, 2012 11:32 am

Sweet! I'll try to run some tonight. Any particular tracks, or do you want me to use my patented threesome? Laughing
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Wed May 30, 2012 7:31 pm

TuxTshirt wrote:Sweet! I'll try to run some tonight. Any particular tracks, or do you want me to use my patented threesome? Laughing

Tux, Simcik, and SummersEve?
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next