Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

New series

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New series

Post  TuxTshirt on Sat May 19, 2012 12:51 am

Hey! In honor of Porsche's return, we could do an all-Porsche series. Just some food for thought. I'm excited for the next series, whatever it may be. As Avanti said, we could even have more than one going on at the same time. We could draw new members to our site. If someone wants to start a series while we're still running one, go for it. You may need to bring in some new racers or run at a different time, however the possibilities are there.

_________________
Waitress: Hi, can I get you two a drink?
Starsky: You sure can sweetheart. Johnnie Red neat, ok? Do it. Do It.
avatar
TuxTshirt

Posts : 1121
Join date : 2012-02-14
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  StalkerStang on Sat May 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:Is that Pony Car Challenge a modern muscle or classic... I assumed classic with the inclusion of AMC

It would be open to both. Thats what I mean be no restrictions on model or year. But the trick will be to make the cars competitive with eachother. Thats where the time issue comes in.

_________________
avatar
StalkerStang

Posts : 717
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 31
Location : Phx, Arizona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Ex US Squid on Sat May 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Maybe the 90s and newer get street tires, 80s gets sport and 70s and older on slicks with some individual build tire size and power additions on a car by car basis in order to keep competitiveness and also allow the 80s and older to have RACE trans while the newer cars only have a sport to help negate the aerodynamic advantage the modern cars have at 120+mph. I really dig this plausibility of making the Modern and Classic cars on an even playing field despite the dynamic difference in suspension technology. Stalker if you want to party up some night Ill definitely be a test mule to help ya in any ways. Really that goes for anybody that is beginning to test cars for a upcoming series. I had a freakin blast helping Tux run test laps over and over and over several nights in a row during his R&D phase. Ive already begun to test with Smoos and I know Avanti is in the process of initializing builds for a Trans Am series. We just need Porsche to show up to help round out the 2.0 liter and under class

_________________

Win The Day! I love my Ducks!
avatar
Ex US Squid

Posts : 943
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 33
Location : Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Sat May 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:… I've already begun to test with Smoos and I know Avanti is in the process of initializing builds for a Trans Am series. We just need Porsche to show up to help round out the 2.0 liter and under class
You let the cat out of the bag! It's cool, I like cats though I was hoping to make the announcement some time in the next few weeks.

Squid mentions we need Porsche to round out the U2 class and y'all know what I'm about to say; FORZA NEEDS MORE O2U5 CARS! There are just two legal cars in that class as the game sits.

I am working on a historical Trans-Am series with three (possibly four) classes: U2, O2U5, O5U7 and the class on the bubble, O7. I honestly hate having so many classes only because we're limited to sixteen racers in a room. The real series had two classes though if I stuck with the real classes we'd have four (w/o Porsche) U2 cars, two O2 cars, no Chrysler and no AMC products for selection. I couldn't live with that.
avatar
Avanti 63r1025

Posts : 1324
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 39
Location : 60/40 between Sears Point and Laguna Seca, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Remaggib on Sat May 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:I honestly hate having so many classes only because we're limited to sixteen racers in a room.

However that's assuming Turn 10 can collectively pull their heads out of their asses and actually get some sort of game where you can fit more than 9 in a room before everybody and their mother has connection issues. In addition to that, if you actually DO get 9 or more in a room and the room DOESN'T crash on loading, there's still the lag issues. It might be a blessing in disguise that we're limited to 16.

In any case, hopefully whatever series is next is back down to A class or lower, because I just can't keep up with anyone anymore this series Sad
avatar
Remaggib

Posts : 759
Join date : 2012-02-18
Age : 36
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Ex US Squid on Sat May 19, 2012 8:53 pm

You know what Geoffy I say FUDGE IT. Lets keep it to a U2 and O2U5 rule set and Ill run in the O2U5 with whatever offering is legit either Stang or Maro. I need the Affinity for both anyways so would be fun to learn to like a car(Stang) that I rather loath. Plus it would keep the fields tight having only 2 cars in the class so the racing would be close and epic like the competition was at Scooby Snacks

_________________

Win The Day! I love my Ducks!
avatar
Ex US Squid

Posts : 943
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 33
Location : Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Josh on ze bass on Sun May 20, 2012 1:05 am

If'n I could throw in my two cents. I do gotta admit Tux did a splendid job to make a semi-legit and almost equal across the board racing series which makes for some good racing. Could you all imagine how much better the racing would get with a spec-car only racing series? I'm down for anything. Spec Miatas, stock cars... I think anything with real wheel drive and 'fun' attached to it, please.
Thoughts please? Here's a random picture of my truck.


_________________
avatar
Josh on ze bass

Posts : 262
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 33
Location : Minneola, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Sun May 20, 2012 1:32 am

In addition to Spec Miata there are other spec series-
  • GTI Cup (first gen. Rabbit GTI)
  • Spec 7 / Pro 7 (first gen. RX-7)
  • Spec E30 (E30 BMW)
  • 944 Spec (Porsche)
I can't imagine any of these cars being higher than class B in full race trim, some would probably land in class C.
avatar
Avanti 63r1025

Posts : 1324
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 39
Location : 60/40 between Sears Point and Laguna Seca, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Ex US Squid on Sun May 20, 2012 4:39 am

You know what would be kinda fun and VASTLY different would be a league of the FM initial game start cars. The crappy 67hp types like the Aveo and the like. Imagine puttin the hp up to 200-250 range and us all flogging the ever lovin piss out of em. I think you have some good ideas as well Joshy and I also think you need to start posting a random pic of your Blue (<{but otherwise will be forever remembered by me as the OJ getaway truck}>) everytime you post on the forums and Ill start attempting to remember to do the same for my truck if you were to agree to the terms and conditions that have been explained and will begin upon your next post in response with an attached pic of the Ford war wagon

_________________

Win The Day! I love my Ducks!
avatar
Ex US Squid

Posts : 943
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 33
Location : Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Simcik on Sun May 20, 2012 7:12 am

Ex US Squid wrote:You know what would be kinda fun and VASTLY different would be a league of the FM initial game start cars. The crappy 67hp types like the Aveo and the like. Imagine puttin the hp up to 200-250 range and us all flogging the ever lovin piss out of em. I think you have some good ideas as well Joshy and I also think you need to start posting a random pic of your Blue (<{but otherwise will be forever remembered by me as the OJ getaway truck}>) everytime you post on the forums and Ill start attempting to remember to do the same for my truck if you were to agree to the terms and conditions that have been explained and will begin upon your next post in response with an attached pic of the Ford war wagon

No.




I mean, I usually like your ideas, and you seem to be a smart guy, but no. That's blasphemy. Those cars suck. They might be fun for one to two races, but then???
avatar
Simcik
Admin

Posts : 1252
Join date : 2012-02-13
Age : 30
Location : East Texas

View user profile http://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Remaggib on Sun May 20, 2012 9:19 am

Simcik wrote:
Ex US Squid wrote:You know what would be kinda fun and VASTLY different would be a league of the FM initial game start cars. The crappy 67hp types like the Aveo and the like. Imagine puttin the hp up to 200-250 range and us all flogging the ever lovin piss out of em. I think you have some good ideas as well Joshy and I also think you need to start posting a random pic of your Blue (<{but otherwise will be forever remembered by me as the OJ getaway truck}>) everytime you post on the forums and Ill start attempting to remember to do the same for my truck if you were to agree to the terms and conditions that have been explained and will begin upon your next post in response with an attached pic of the Ford war wagon

No.




I mean, I usually like your ideas, and you seem to be a smart guy, but no. That's blasphemy. Those cars suck. They might be fun for one to two races, but then???

So a shorter series then? I do like the idea of tossing around those crap-mobiles.
avatar
Remaggib

Posts : 759
Join date : 2012-02-18
Age : 36
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Smus on Sun May 20, 2012 9:40 am

It makes for super close racing, and being low horsepower and high grip they are like go carts.

Geoff, id just homologate the O2U7 cars and call it good...or just run the Z28 and Mustang.

_________________
avatar
Smus

Posts : 575
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 29
Location : S. Minnesota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Remaggib on Sun May 20, 2012 10:06 am

Smus wrote:It makes for super close racing, and being low horsepower and high grip they are like go carts.

+10

They really are fun to beat around. What would be really fun, leave them stock but put on race tires as the only upgrade. Hm, I might have to see if I still have my starter car now, just to play around with it.
avatar
Remaggib

Posts : 759
Join date : 2012-02-18
Age : 36
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Smus on Sun May 20, 2012 10:17 am

Boy racer series. Rims, sport tires, and super basic mods, like a drop in filter, street sways, that sorta stuff. Keep them under like 100-125 hp...only street weight reductuon

_________________
avatar
Smus

Posts : 575
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 29
Location : S. Minnesota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Sorta05 on Sun May 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:In addition to Spec Miata there are other spec series-
  • GTI Cup (first gen. Rabbit GTI)
  • Spec 7 / Pro 7 (first gen. RX-7)
  • Spec E30 (E30 BMW)
  • 944 Spec (Porsche)
I can't imagine any of these cars being higher than class B in full race trim, some would probably land in class C.

Spec 944's sounds like fun! As much as I despise having to pay an additional $20 for stuff that should have been included with the game to begin with.
avatar
Sorta05

Posts : 408
Join date : 2012-03-03
Location : AL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Remaggib on Sun May 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Smus wrote:Boy racer series. Rims, sport tires, and super basic mods, like a drop in filter, street sways, that sorta stuff. Keep them under like 100-125 hp...only street weight reductuon

Yeah, like stuff you'd see more of everyday. Someone has a couple dollars here and there and this would be the end result. I like it.
avatar
Remaggib

Posts : 759
Join date : 2012-02-18
Age : 36
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Ex US Squid on Sun May 20, 2012 6:15 pm

Geoff your lips say no but your glitter covered smooth shaven chest says yes, yes Y...E...Sssss and besides I find it strange that you like horrid little rear drive cars but think the lil eco front fronts a buncho cracka ass dump boxs.... tsk tsk I am very disappointed in you.... Here I thought you had a varied, different and oft times eclectic taste in cars. Guess the Micro Machines Series would be a 2 week series with 5 races each week consisting of 8-10 laps each. Boom! Geoffy gets his way in a compromise this way... I am a genus!

_________________

Win The Day! I love my Ducks!
avatar
Ex US Squid

Posts : 943
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 33
Location : Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Sorta05 on Sun May 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Why not have both the front and rear drive cars compete? Like the British touring series of old. Camaro, Mustang, vs Mini kind of stuff. Where the min is fast through the turns and the v-8s are fast on the straights.
avatar
Sorta05

Posts : 408
Join date : 2012-03-03
Location : AL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Avanti 63r1025 on Sun May 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:Geoff your lips say no but your glitter covered smooth shaven chest says yes, yes Y...E...Sssss and besides I find it strange that you like horrid little rear drive cars but think the lil eco front fronts a buncho cracka ass dump boxs.... tsk tsk I am very disappointed in you.... Here I thought you had a varied, different and oft times eclectic taste in cars. Guess the Micro Machines Series would be a 2 week series with 5 races each week consisting of 8-10 laps each. Boom! Geoffy gets his way in a compromise this way... I am a genus!
Oh drats. You guys can tell I have a glitter covered smooth shaven chest? I guess it's time I give up my pipe dream to be an Olympic swimmer, eh? Very Happy

Nah dude, I like the ecoboxes. I owned a Mk1 Rabbit GTI (built in Westmoreland, PA). It was fun times and they make for fun races. Simcik replied to your Aveo post. Are you still waking up? Razz Shocked
avatar
Avanti 63r1025

Posts : 1324
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 39
Location : 60/40 between Sears Point and Laguna Seca, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Ex US Squid on Sun May 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Only knock on the multi drive/engine placement platforms is that it is much much much harder to dial all the cars in for fairness. The whole issue with the fairness is that we learned in American Iron FM4 1 that there are drivers who dont care what car they drive and only care about having the fastest one. A rather ominous term for that is "Alpha Car". Tux prevented this to the enth degree and I dont think some of us know just how much time went into testing each build over and over for hundreds of laps at several different tracks to ensure equality. Im not saying that we shouldnt do this again for the cars you mentioned Sorta but only that its a daunting task to undertake.

We all have lots of time to see whats coming out in the future DLCs still so you never know what kind of inspiration that will spur in us. All I know is that we will have a blast no matter what and I still plan of running a BAJA Suspension Ford Raptor and Jeep Wrangler series. Those rigs are a freakin blast to powerslide around places like Hockenheim or Road America... So Much Body Roll haha

_________________

Win The Day! I love my Ducks!
avatar
Ex US Squid

Posts : 943
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 33
Location : Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Ex US Squid on Sun May 20, 2012 6:48 pm

Oh and oops... I swore I saw your avatar next to the Sim post Avanti so I just rescanned and you are correct. Sim is the smooth chested glitter bag not you. And he will compromise as well. Or I punch the midget in his box right in his midget box Laughing

_________________

Win The Day! I love my Ducks!
avatar
Ex US Squid

Posts : 943
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 33
Location : Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Sorta05 on Sun May 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Tux gave us a ton of options for cars, and that is great! To make things easier why not just do a couple of cars. Several of the cars that Tux spent a lot of time on weren't used by anyone. I wonder how even the ALMS cars are in this game. I'm gonna wager that they aren't even... I still like the idea of following the rules of an already established series. That's what brought me to this site to begin with. If it turns out to be lop sided you can always do what the indy car series did and penalize the fast cars, or boost the slow ones.
avatar
Sorta05

Posts : 408
Join date : 2012-03-03
Location : AL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  StalkerStang on Sun May 20, 2012 8:17 pm

While I like that a lot of the cars are more even. I also like having some sort of control building a car within guidelines. I liked AI, evfen more so because you had to figure out what cars you could use and test them and change the parts to achieve a good race car.

_________________
avatar
StalkerStang

Posts : 717
Join date : 2012-02-14
Age : 31
Location : Phx, Arizona

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Remaggib on Sun May 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Unless you're like me and can't build a car for squat. Which is part of the reason I switched cars. What didn't help was the fact that I was getting in a few weeks into the series because I waited until black Friday to get my $27 copy of Forza 3.1
avatar
Remaggib

Posts : 759
Join date : 2012-02-18
Age : 36
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Sorta05 on Sun May 20, 2012 8:57 pm

StalkerStang wrote:While I like that a lot of the cars are more even. I also like having some sort of control building a car within guidelines. I liked AI, evfen more so because you had to figure out what cars you could use and test them and change the parts to achieve a good race car.

I liked the idea of that too and for a long series that seems to make a lot of sense (makes the series more dynamic). For a short series spec type series, the less there is to adjust or change the better.
avatar
Sorta05

Posts : 408
Join date : 2012-03-03
Location : AL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New series

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum