Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tsukuba pit entrance... please take a look.

+5
Avanti 63r1025
C4PT41N SL0W
Smus
ceet34
Josh on ze bass
9 posters

Go down

Tsukuba pit entrance... please take a look. Empty Tsukuba pit entrance... please take a look.

Post  Josh on ze bass Wed May 09, 2012 10:22 pm

After the first few practice sessions, it has come to my attention that we should enter the pit road at the actual location of the pit road. Due to the itsy bitsy size of the track, diving in at the last moment on the last turn could be dangerous. So I motion to make a rule to enter pit road at the BEGINNING of the final turn at Tsukuba this week. I've made some graphics for example.. with our special guest "Pacey the Pace Car". Would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks!
Tsukuba pit entrance... please take a look. Tsukub10 Tsukuba pit entrance... please take a look. Tsukub11
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Tsukuba pit entrance... please take a look. Empty Re: Tsukuba pit entrance... please take a look.

Post  ceet34 Thu May 10, 2012 1:57 am

this is a good question josh, we need some input tux...what do you think?
ceet34
ceet34

Back to top Go down

Tsukuba pit entrance... please take a look. Empty Re: Tsukuba pit entrance... please take a look.

Post  Smus Thu May 10, 2012 7:44 am

Id prefer using the incorrect pit entrance, but i dont want to have to slow down that much to use the actual pit entrance lol.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Thu May 10, 2012 4:11 pm

I tend to make this turn way too wide so I don't think many people would get in my way lol
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu May 10, 2012 5:57 pm

This is Tux's call though if I may inject my vote? As long as drivers stay out of others' way and don't cause mayhem, use either entrance. Yes we should all use the correct pit entrance and that's the entrance for which we should aim. If you miss it and can slow enough to make the second opening without a disaster, go for it. #ItIsOnlyAGame Very Happy

May I bring Forza 4 exhibit Laguna Seca into question? Real world: pit exit places outgoing racers after Turn 2/Andretti Hairpin. Forza 4: dumps outgoing racers a little after the flag stand. This after Turn 10 modeled the correct pit-out road. What gives? #Forza4NeedsMoreDetail
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Thu May 10, 2012 7:17 pm

#hashtags are stupid
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Thu May 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Using said stupid item while remarking it's stupid lol!
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Thu May 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:This is Tux's call though if I may inject my vote? As long as drivers stay out of others' way and don't cause mayhem, use either entrance. Yes we should all use the correct pit entrance and that's the entrance for which we should aim. If you miss it and can slow enough to make the second opening without a disaster, go for it. #ItIsOnlyAGame Very Happy

May I bring Forza 4 exhibit Laguna Seca into question? Real world: pit exit places outgoing racers after Turn 2/Andretti Hairpin. Forza 4: dumps outgoing racers a little after the flag stand. This after Turn 10 modeled the correct pit-out road. What gives? #Forza4NeedsMoreDetail

Great points, indeed.It just seems this instance is in our control. And actually not dictated by Turn 10. I look forward to the verdict. Either way is fine with me. #sometimesithinkaboutdrivingintotheoppositedirectionoftrafficwithmyfordbroncojusttofeelaliveagain

Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Thu May 10, 2012 7:33 pm

Your face is stupid.... Did I? OH I WIN!!! Its been scientifically proven that there is no legitimate way to possibly counter a "your face is stupid" response. And we all know you cant facts, its science. study
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Thu May 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Josh was that hashtag more than 140 characters? Not sure you can post that on the desperate for attention social media site that is the biggest waste of time since MySpace haha. Although I dont really judge anyone that uses it, I just dont care for the idea of twitter myself... So hope I dont get slammed on twitter and start a trend thats to the magnitude of how bad Turn 10 servers can be!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Thu May 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Back on point here though after just running some test runs into Tscooby's pits I see a problem occurring where many MANY will overshoot pit entrance when using the aforementioned correct entry lane. It kinks right at the end of the corner and I overshot real bad the first time around and pulled a "Squid fail at Sunset" on the pit wall the second... Its so freakin tempting to hustle the corner on the apron to save time and it kicks you ass when you exit wide and find you are 20-30ft to the left of pit lane on the front stretch...

BUT in all honesty I, like Geoffy and some others, do preach the wish for realism so, to not be hypocritical even in the absence of skill when attempting the proper entry, I am for the early corner apron entry rather than the last second, carving on to pit road. But in about an hour we will hear our version of the "NASCAR Director of Competition, I dont give a hoot what your evidence is cause my ruling is law and you will like it" Tux and he will make or break our fragile lil minds on the subject haha
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Thu May 10, 2012 7:59 pm

I'm not afraid to cry (in a private XBOX game room. Razz ). Btw. 65mph for the initial entrance. aboot 60-57mph for the slight kink.
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Fri May 11, 2012 12:30 am

I agree with Josh. Pit entrance will be on the early entrance to the final turn as shown in the fantastic photos posted by Josh. Very funny by the way! All decisions are final, no refunds, buy backs, returns, or store credit. Thank you for shopping at Rolex. Your business is appreciated.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri May 11, 2012 3:07 am

You know what I find interesting? Turn 10 figures the 1st pit entrance to be unclean. Meaning, that portion of pit lane will decertify your lap … and since it comes after the last sector of your previous lap, your next lap will also be dirty. Use the 2nd pit entrance and you keep your laps clean & certified. Not that it really matters as a pit lap and the ensuing lap won't be your fastest anyway; I just find it interesting Turn 10 decided to use the 2nd pit entrance.

Come November I am going to vote myself in to a (just created) D.O.D. position at Turn 10 Studios, that is "Director of Detail." Among others Tsukuba needs to pull drivers in at the first pit entrance and Laguna Seca needs to dump racers out at the correct pit-out location. Ugh!

Last edited by Avanti 63r1025 on Fri May 11, 2012 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Fri May 11, 2012 5:43 am

They had to do the decertify because if not you would have the problem of cars cutting all the way down and in turn cutting the course so to prevent any opportunity for Dbags to cheat they made it a dirty section... They could have made it sticky grass like at the oval of Indy
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Fri May 11, 2012 6:17 am

Touché. I hate people who fuck it up for everybody else. Alternatively Turn 10 could code an "invisible wall" and not decertify the lap upon entering pit road. This would make it so racers could only take the first pit entrance, people trying to clip the course would get a nasty surprise, and visually it would look the same as real life.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Fri May 11, 2012 9:34 am

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:You know what I find interesting? Turn 10 figures the 1st pit entrance to be unclean. Meaning, that portion of pit lane will decertify your lap … and since it comes after the last sector of your previous lap, your next lap will also be dirty. Use the 2nd pit entrance and you keep your laps clean & certified. Not that it really matters as a pit lap and the ensuing lap won't be your fastest anyway; I just find it interesting Turn 10 decided to use the 2nd pit entrance.

Come November I am going to vote myself in to a (just created) D.O.D. position at Turn 10 Studios, that is "Director of Detail." Among others Tsukuba needs to pull drivers in at the first pit entrance and Laguna Seca needs to dump racers out at the correct pit-out location. Ugh!

You get my vote too.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Fri May 11, 2012 10:58 am

First entrance it is!
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh on ze bass Fri May 11, 2012 5:19 pm

TuxTshirt wrote:I agree with Josh. Pit entrance will be on the early entrance to the final turn as shown in the fantastic photos posted by Josh. Very funny by the way! All decisions are final, no refunds, buy backs, returns, or store credit. Thank you for shopping at Rolex. Your business is appreciated.

Teehee! I win! TEEHEE! Thanks all for not bashing my idea.
Josh on ze bass
Josh on ze bass

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Fri May 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Can last place be exempt from this rule? Possibly the only thing that might help me this race...
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat May 12, 2012 5:22 pm

For the steward: If you'd ruled on entrance number two you'd have reduced your chances to have "Had sex with pit wall." #JustSayin' #HindsightIs2020 Wink
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sat May 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:For the steward: If you'd ruled on entrance number two you'd have reduced your chances to have "Had sex with pit wall." #JustSayin' #HindsightIs2020 Wink

#IThoughtWeTalkedAboutThis?

#HashtagsOnlyWorkOnTwitter
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sat May 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Heh. Partay up! cheers
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat May 12, 2012 11:33 pm

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:For the steward: If you'd ruled on entrance number two you'd have reduced your chances to have "Had sex with pit wall." #JustSayin' #HindsightIs2020 Wink

#Touche
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sat May 12, 2012 11:56 pm

So now you will sleep with pit walls!?!? You cheatin slut
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum