Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Controller Deadzones

+2
Avanti 63r1025
StalkerStang
6 posters

Go down

controller - Controller Deadzones Empty Controller Deadzones

Post  StalkerStang Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:22 pm

So I have been screwing with it a little, but I'm kind of doing it blind.

So if you decrease say the accel inside deadzone, does that make it so you have to give it more throttle (more pull on trigger), to have an effect?

Not sure what they should do in relation to adjusting them.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

controller - Controller Deadzones Empty Re: Controller Deadzones

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Increasing deadzone = increasing the amount of "null" space.
Decreasing _______ = decreasing _____________________.

Increasing null space means you will have more trigger pull required to have a desired effect.
Decreasing ________________________ less ____________________________________.

Decrease dead space as much as you can, without having to feel like you must have surgeon's hands to control your vehicle.

Last edited by Avanti 63r1025 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Have yet to do this...just need to sit down and play with it.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Avanti is spot on about being careful not to over do it... I bought the Razer ONZA gamepad and it has settings that were set by MLG gamers supposedly to all but do away with dead zones and to be honest, the super snappy response is great for FPSs but the triggers are damn near on/off switches so I found that I would end up locking up the breaks alot and my breaking distances got a fair amount longer. But the joysticks have adjustable firmness so you can make them a lil stiffer which in the corners I found that I all but eliminated my habit of over corrected over steer. I am curious about messing with mine as well. If anyone has some numbers that they think work we'd all appreciate it if ya posted em and if I figure out a good setting Ill be sure to post as well
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Inside deadzone is the amount of unused trigger pull at the end of travel. Outside deadzone is the amount of unused trigger pull at the beginning of trigger application.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Are you sure about that, Tux. On my wheel, that is backwards.

I use a Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel (Gen II), and adjusting the deadzones made a huge difference. This is only a 270 degree wheel lock-to-lock, not a 900 like the real deals, so eliminating outside deadzone meant that input was more equal to output than before, making the it smoother. Eliminating inside deadzone (I am set at 0 degrees) meant that as soon as I went off-center, the car responded.

This eliminated a huge issue for me, which was that cars would not respond to subtle steering inputs easily, and when I tinted just a little more, the car would snap left or right.

Here is what you need to understand about deadzones in a nutshell.

Your outputs have a range of 0 to 100%, as do your inputs. This means that if have 15% as your inside and outside deadzone, up to 15% input means you get 0% output. Over 85% input is still just 100% output. This also means that each 1% of input in between 15 and 85% is equal to 1.43% output. If deadzones are 25%, 1% input is equal to 2% output, etc.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:46 pm

I'm talking controller triggers. I never changed the analog sticks. And, yes, I'm sure. Yeah, whatever you say it is on wheels I'm sure is correct. I think Stalker uses a controller though.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum