Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Information

+5
StalkerStang
Remaggib
C4PT41N SL0W
Ex US Squid
TuxTshirt
9 posters

Go down

General Information Empty General Information

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:06 pm

Welcome to the Forza-4 Road Racing Rolex Sports Car Series! This series was created to run similar to the Grand-Am Rolex series with some exceptions. We will only be running GT class cars as Turn 10 did not include Daytona Prototypes. These builds make more power than their real life counterparts. Also, a few builds aren't in the actual series. Having said that, I chose vehicles that are sporting and modern, and I believe, after extensive testing, that this should be a competitive series.

Times and Locations:
We will run the races on Friday evenings at 9:15 PM EST(GMT-5). I will start the room around 9:00 PM to let everyone join. I will also try to start a room earlier when I can to run practice prior to the race. Clearly, you're all welcome to run your own practice rooms if I'm not on yet.

Qualifying will be held on Thursday evenings at 9:30 PM EST. I will hold a practice session at 9:00 PM. If you have issues with making the qualifying session, notify me ahead of time and I will allow you to gift me the replay of your qualifying laps. You must notify me so I know to review your laps. I will require this replay no later than Wednesday nights by 8:00 PM EST. Also, please only make one qualifying session attempt to be fair to those that are present on qualifying night. There's no way for me ensure this happens, so it's on your honor.

General Rules:
Clean racing with respect to fellow racers is paramount. If there is an on-track issue, I will review it and may issue penalties. Keep in mind, I'm well aware that some contact will happen, and I will be understanding, however blatant contact and disregard will be reviewed regardless if it was intentional. I may be limited on replay evidence because the game typically only allows 30 minutes of replay to be saved, so I will speak with those involved to come to a resolution. Rubbing is racing, punting is for football and soccer. If you gain position on unnecessary contact, you should give the postion back. Most racers know to do this anyway. I trust most of us will handle each situation when it happens and I won't have to intervene.

In addition to respecting your fellow racers on the track, I expect everyone to have consideration for the other drivers when re-entering the road surface after going off. If you drop a wheel, or four, and continue in the racing direction at considerable speed, enter back if your lane is clear. If you spin out and traffic is still coming, it is your responsibility to wait until you are clear before getting back on track.

Lag: Lag due to internet/routers/modems/servers is a possibility. I will take each incident into consideration on a case by case basis. Having said this. Please, please, please, while we have time, try to address any NAT or connectivity issues you may have on your end prior to the start of this series. This may save us from some headaches down the road. My intention is to get all racers into one room every week.

I will run one room each event. So, there will be a maximum of 16 slots for people to race. If you sign up, then miss some events without communicating with me, you may lose your spot permanently. This probably won't apply to most of the forum regulars as we are in constant contact. Also, I may be willing to skip a week here and there to accomodate for people's real life schedules including my own. You will have notice.

Communication is key. Everyone racing must have a mic. Some of you have mic issues, that's ok, we will just have to communicate patiently and try to get the issue resolved.

Race Rules and Structure:
Assists: TCS and STM will be forced off. Auto braking and steering will be forced off. ABS, normal steering, and auto trans will be allowed.

All events will be rolling start. The rolling starts will be staggered double file. In the event of a full course caution, the restart will be single file. We will run one warm-up lap at each track (except Le Sarthe), in which we will organize the running order, then run single file until called to form up.

Pitting: We will have forced pit stops. You will be required to pit in the middle of the race in a window of laps exactly like in the American Iron Series. This will be outlined on the schedule. If you pit under caution within the pit window, it counts as your mandatory stop. Take up the position you're in after exiting pit road, you may lose positions.

Cautions: We will have cautions, however there must be a good reason for one. If there's a pile up on the racing surface we will have one. If you run off the track, or are run off, there most likely will not be one. If any car rolls, there will be a caution. If you land on your wheels, it will be yellow and you can limp to pit road. If you are on your roof and can't get turned back over, there will be a red flag and the race will be halted until we can assess the situation. You may be forced to pit under yellow or green, or your day may be done. We will address this on a case by case basis.

Cautions continued: If a caution is called, the leader will slow to pace speed and everyone will follow in single file until we have determined that the situation is resolved. As stated earlier, if someone is turned and can't get back to their wheels, we will have a red flag, and everyone will stop in the position they were in when it was called until I figure out the situation. You may be asked to quit and get a DNF.

Qualifying Procedure:
We will run 3 hot laps (4 total) on every track except for Le Mans. We will run 1 hot lap (2 total) at Le Mans. The qualifying sessions will be staggered start format with contact turned off (ghosts). Certified laps will count. I will order the grid how the game does so keep your laps clean. Also, try to keep chatter to a minimum as this requires focus.

Special Rule:
In the event that we can't all join a lobby on a race night, we will run separate rooms. Example, in week one, we had about 12 racers online ready to race, we could only get 8 into a room. Next time, we will run the room with 8, then the other room with the other 4. If it's only one who can't join, we will have to separate the room manually. We will discuss it on a case by case basis. I will ask that someone act as steward in the other room. They will be responsible for recording total race times, saving a replay, and giving me special notes. Notes like cautions, contact, etc. We have a great group of racers, I'm sure we will all work together.

Stay tuned to this post for updates. I will leave it open for questions or comments.

Last edited by TuxTshirt on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:08 am; edited 15 times in total
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

General Information Empty Re: General Information

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:06 pm

I have two ideas/requests to bring up for the format.

1 - What if were to hold a hour long Happy Hour session on a previous day to the day of the race that would consist of say three 5-10 lap sessions with a 5-10min break inbetween each session to be used as qualifying like in F1. This would give us the fun experience of the "flying lap" and the breaks would allow us the opportunity to jump out of the room real quick and make adjustments to our setups and if you take to long(past the allotted 5-10 minutes then you would just sit out that session and be able to return for the next session if there is any yet to be run. Fastest lap counts and is recorded from each session and your best lap of the entire Happy Hour counts as your qualifying time. Pretty straight forward and more akin to the way sports cars really run quals. What ya'll think?

2 - I all but demand .... mostly just beg that we run a 8 lap race at the Nurburgring Nordschleife! That would be the best race of the season! NUR BURG RING! NUR BURG RING! NUR BURG RING! Its gonna be fun, Youre gonna like it!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:13 pm

I like the Nurburgring idea, even if it ain't an official race and it's maybe like a pre-season warm up race to show off our cars and/or for fun lol
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Squid, you and I are close on the happy hour/ qualifying idea. I'm not decided yet, but I was thinking of doing something more like what they actually do in Grand-Am. Unfortunately, Forza stops the race as soon as the timer runs out, so your current lap wouldn't count if I did a timed qualify. I'll look at the options, just know we are on the same page.

Sorry guys, but no Nordschleife in this series, I promise. We may run there for fun, or an exhibition, however that track does not embody Rolex style racing.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:27 pm

I love the ring, only issue with having it be a series race would be wrecks. 12.9 miles is a long way to go to pit, and at that track, things can happen fast and hard.

Edit: Tux posted right as I was typing. I'd be all about running it for fun with whoever, maybe as a shakedown for the new builds? Also, the night before thing, even if Tux isn't able to run a room or something I could entertain the idea of joining up with whoever is testing and tuning. Could be fun, plus gets the jitters out of the systems. (Especially for me, this series is above my comfort level for speed and tuning, so it'll be rough but I enjoy racing you folks so I'm willing to do it)

Last edited by Remaggib on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Remaggib wrote:I love the ring, only issue with having it be a series race would be wrecks. 12.9 miles is a long way to go to pit, and at that track, things can happen fast and hard.

Oh yeah, I've given tons of my cars quick face lifts at the Ring... which is part of the fun, well goin' as fast as you can while tryin' not to crash is part of the fun anyways
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:48 pm

We may be on the same page Tux but with the nix of the Nurburg well I wanna see other pages cause ya just crapped on my heart. No
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:We may be on the same page Tux but with the nix of the Nurburg well I wanna see other pages cause ya just crapped on my heart. No

Better than in your mouth lol
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:53 pm

Remaggib wrote:
Ex US Squid wrote:We may be on the same page Tux but with the nix of the Nurburg well I wanna see other pages cause ya just crapped on my heart. No

Better than in your mouth lol

I was aiming for his mouth.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:58 pm

you have sh*ty aim then Razz
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:01 pm

I don't know how you missed, I'm sure his mouth was wide open
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Plus I think we wont be racing there cause Tux knows Id whip his butt like a drunk redneck does his wife who more than likely is a farm animal. Stupid drunk rednecks
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:06 pm

StalkerStang wrote:I don't know how you missed, I'm sure his mouth was wide open

It still is, I'll try again.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:20 am

I'm pro-qualifying on a separate day. Many series, like the A.L.M.S., do that on a race weekend; Friday is practice (or qualifying when the race is Saturday), and qualifying is Saturday when the race is Sunday. That's something I'm kicking around for American Iron season 2.
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:17 am

Would 2 day qualifying be on our own time, and we would send you a replay?
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:59 am

Smus wrote:Would 2 day qualifying be on our own time, and we would send you a replay?

Ding! Ding! Ding!

This is a concern for me too. With my schedule as it is (school, work, repeat), having multiple days set aside for racing could be an issue. If the series does do that, and it is an issue for me, I will simply have to back out or start from the rear every race. Just want you to remember that this format might pose issues for some like myself.

***Squirrel!*** In my Design Methodology (AKA Intro to Senior Mechanical Engineering Design Project), we were discussing "forms" and "configuration" and our professor just showed us a Ferrari F430 in GT form. "Form follows function," which is the "modernist way of doing things." Pretty good example of that if you ask me...

Okay, back on topic...

Anyway, as far as qualifying goes, I really like the set up we currently have. Practice or shakedown runs with a group are great, and we could do them everyday if we wanted too. No one's telling you your car has to stay in the trailer until race day.

The system we have now does have some drawbacks - you can't make adjustments, there are no second chances, etc. - but it also has some benefits. It set up correctly, the lobby will stage us in the correct qualifiying order before the race - no shuffling required. Also, it is rather efficient. We get in, we do a quick qualifying run, and then we race. Wham, bam, thank you, ma'am.

If we do choose to do the 2 days or multiple qualifying sessions, may I suggest only one simple thing to help make our lifes easier.

After our seperate qualifying is done and the starting order is verified, but immediately before the full race, we run a 1-lap race in which the field remains stationary at the start. The driver on the pole leaves first, the 2nd fastest behind him/her, and so on. This will serve to put the field in the correct starting order for the race. The reason for doing this as a seperate race is simple - if someone goofs up and get's damaged while they are trying to get to their earned starting position, it will not adversely effect them for the actual race.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:35 am

I agree with this 100%. Getting time to do practice, qualifying, and then race over 3 days will be next to impossible for me. I also like the system we have in regards to qualifying...it sucks if i run 3 dirty laps or nail the wall and lose my wing, but thats how it goes sometimes...i think the system follows the kiss ideology and who doesnt love a little kiss
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:40 am

If I make it so we run group qualifying, and someone can't make it, I may consider allowing you to send me a replay. I really am not going to bash anyone over the head for having a life. I may request to know ahead of time. I have some ideas brewing. Once they're fleshed out, I will hear everyone's input and may make changes.

As for the 1-lap ordering race, I've done that in the past and have experience with it. We will run a warm-up lap though, so it doesn't really matter as we can get the field ordered that way.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:48 am

My only concern would be if someone wasn't paying attention (or a new racer wasn't familiar with the rules, etc.) and got into a collision, it wouldn't affect them (or more importantly, who they hit) for the entirety of the race.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:54 pm

Updated. Please see original post if you haven't looked in awhile.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Peader24 Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Wow looks like im off to a rough start by missing qualifying.....
Peader24
Peader24

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:56 pm

Peader, I'll allow you to send me a replay tonight. Reply to me here to let me know if you can.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:09 am

General rules have been updated. Please see OP.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down