Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My ride for the upcoming season

+2
Smus
C4PT41N SL0W
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My ride for the upcoming season Empty My ride for the upcoming season

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Let's face it, who doesn't love the sound of a rotary engine screamin' around the track? I mean I've always loved Mazda, and I probably have a deep connection with the brand since I was brought home as newborn in a '83 626 and spent a lot of time ridin' around in my dad's '87 B2000 as kid so that's why I'll be drivin' the RX-8 this season. That and it just looks mean as hell....

As far as sponsors go I have Goodyear and Fender lined up for sure, Recaro is probably temporary and I'm lookin' to get Budweiser or PBR on the side of my car

She ain't nowhere close to done (and some things may change) but here's a few shots of her as she is now:

My ride for the upcoming season 6851156450_511885995b_z
RX-8 Rolex 1 by Gone Wanderin' 2, on Flickr
My ride for the upcoming season 6997280987_cbf8e5b984_z
RX-8 Rolex 2 by Gone Wanderin' 2, on Flickr

C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

My ride for the upcoming season Empty Re: My ride for the upcoming season

Post  Smus Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Stalker doesnt like rotarys...but he likes mustangs...so i dunno if his opinion counts.

Glad to see Fender joining in to the fray.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Yeah, I love guitars (and I tried to be a musician once upon a time) so I had to get them on board.... and it all depends on the year Mustang (1965-1970 and 2005-Present)
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Small update.... color change (to honor the 787B, plus green and orange compliment each other pretty well), Recaro is stayin' on board and Budweiser (Budweiser Select) and Eibach also joined the fray. Oh, also changed wheels to comply to Tux's weight/weight reduction limit... so everything (weight, HP, torque) is spot on to what he has listed except the PI may be a point or two off

Here's how she looks as now:
My ride for the upcoming season 6997972251_7996a7fc47_z
RX-8 Rolex 3 by Gone Wanderin' 2, on Flickr
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:16 pm

C4PT41N SL0W wrote:Small update.... color change (to honor the 787B, plus green and orange compliment each other pretty well), Recaro is stayin' on board and Budweiser (Budweiser Select) and Eibach also joined the fray. Oh, also changed wheels to comply to Tux's weight/weight reduction limit... so everything (weight, HP, torque) is spot on to what he has listed except the PI may be a point or two off

Here's how she looks as now:
My ride for the upcoming season 6997972251_7996a7fc47_z
RX-8 Rolex 3 by Gone Wanderin' 2, on Flickr

Looks good Cap. PI should be right on if you built it like the build list. Let me know what the specs are. Also, I sent you a FR on Live so I can gift you the series decals.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Glad to see the sponsors showing you all the love Cappin. Seems a lil unneeded now but through my racing career Ive been lucky enough to become friends with a bunch of awesome drivers and a good friend of mine is Kevin Harvick. He runs over in the Nascar Sprint Cup and Nationwide series' and was mentioning to him your interest in the Budweiser brand and he said that he'd be willing to pass your team along to the Bud brass and with him vouching for ya it would be all but a lock that Bud would come on board. I have a few vinyls that Richard Childress passed along when I was building a RCR Bud Chevy tribute car. So if you dont already have the Bud Select vinyls then hit me up and Id be more than happy to pass em along. The logos are spot on so Im sure they would look awesome on your Mazda and I just thought about how epic your RX-8 would look running the Blue and Silver colors of the Bud Light Platinum livery. Let me know if your team is interested Cappin Makin it Happin
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:40 pm

@Tux I accepted your friend request and if you want I can send you the build anyways just to make sure everything is squared away

@Squid I found some Budweiser Select vinyls on the Storefront, only ones I found actually have them on my car just behind windows and I like your idea about a Silver and Blue color scheme. I may just have to make a second livery usin' those colors....and any vinyls you have regarding the Budweiser brand would certainly help
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:55 pm

That RX8 made my ears bleed. I don't think rotaries sound all that bad, just that one..... Plus it looks like the ambiguously gay duo's car.....

My ride for the upcoming season Aceandgary
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Cap'n, I can just gift you the RX-8 tune, which would be the build. Or you can send it to me, whatever you want. Also, I'll allow you to change your livery, to an extent, week to week. If you want to switch color schemes, that would be cool with me.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:03 pm

TuxTshirt wrote:Cap'n, I can just gift you the RX-8 tune, which would be the build. Or you can send it to me, whatever you want. Also, I'll allow you to change your livery, to an extent, week to week. If you want to switch color schemes, that would be cool with me.

Yeah, I wouldn't be changin' the livery all together just the color (like where the orange and green are would be silver and blue)... and the color of the sponsor decals to make sure they're visible

@Stalker, that stings a little but I can kinda see where you're comin' from but I have no idea who the Ambiguously Gay Duo are
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Probably not old enough then Cappin.... Back in the mid 90s that was one of the funniest cartoon spoofs on Saturday Night Live. Every other week they had a new 2-3 min sketch drawn up. Funny as hell! Youtube that and youll be rollin
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Mid 90's I was still in elementary school. Hell, I didn't start Junior High until 2000 and never watched SNL until I was a Freshman or Sophomore
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Good ol' Ace and Gary. I was in my teens when that came out, and was probably the only of my siblings to get the references. I gotta watch some of that tonight!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:52 am

My ride for the upcoming season Tumblr_lnq4nxNLz41qeliv2o1_500

Lol, get off that guy Squid!

Last edited by StalkerStang on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:58 am

Alright, my ride is finished... got everything where it's supposed to be (except I'm probably gonna move the number box over). She's quick but she needs some more tuning done because I've managed to make a car with 50/50 weight distribution unbalanced, that or my cars love just kickin' that back end out

Anyways, here she is in all her glory:
My ride for the upcoming season 6999033541_247a163947_z
RX-8 Rolex 10 by Gone Wanderin' 2, on Flickr
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:57 pm

The more I drive/try to tune this car the more I get the feelin' I chose the wrong car.... it doesn't wanna grip at all, and the handling? I might as well be drivin' a brick

...but then again I could be makin' the wrong adjustments
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:03 am

C4PT41N SL0W wrote:The more I drive/try to tune this car the more I get the feelin' I chose the wrong car.... it doesn't wanna grip at all, and the handling? I might as well be drivin' a brick

One thing i noticed with the RX8 is its lack of rear grip...its tires are too narrow, which is a problem i have with my Charger....a lot of it is being very gentle with the throttle...i also like my roll bars tight...like the slide bar 60-75% to stiff...dunno what adjustments youre doing but maybevthat might help...treat it like its your first time with a new girl, unless she likes it rough, you gotta be gentle.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:06 am

Smus wrote:
C4PT41N SL0W wrote:The more I drive/try to tune this car the more I get the feelin' I chose the wrong car.... it doesn't wanna grip at all, and the handling? I might as well be drivin' a brick

One thing i noticed with the RX8 is its lack of rear grip...its tires are too narrow, which is a problem i have with my Charger....a lot of it is being very gentle with the throttle...i also like my roll bars tight...like the slide bar 60-75% to stiff...dunno what adjustments youre doing but maybevthat might help...treat it like its your first time with a new girl, unless she likes it rough, you gotta be gentle.

Lack of rear grip is exactly the problem, even when I ease in to the throttle
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:04 am

You can still switch rides if you want to Cap'n. I'll make a deadline for everyone to have their final choices by.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:15 am

I'll try to throw a tune on that Mazda. What track have you been running on Cap'n?
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:45 pm

Well, I've been runnin' the Ring (even though we ain't racin' there because it has somethin' for everybody) and Laguna Seca mainly... have a few laps in at both Sears Point (Infineon) and Catalunya. Like I said the only thing is it doesn't wanna grip (even when I drop the tire pressure a bit and add rear downforce) and it wants to spin out in the corners. Straight lines (once those tires do hook up, if they hook up) though, that's where she shines because boy, is she quick. Oh yeah, 4th and 5th gear a re a bit dodgy too

...and as far switchin' cars goes I'll try to see if I can't fix my Mazda first. If I can't I may run Ferrari (because I built one to see the difference) which I found is smoother, a little more stable and were beatin' my fastest RX-8 times by a second and a half (even though said RX-8 times were not their best showin') at Laguna Seca. That or I may try out the IS-F, see how that feels.
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:04 pm

Since I made the switch to Chevy and am now drivin' a Corvette I figured I'd share some of the new build

Initial testin' at Silverstone:
My ride for the upcoming season 7007355571_18934bfae5_z
Grand Sport 1 by Gone Wanderin' 2, on Flickr
My ride for the upcoming season 7007355607_27053b569e_z
Grand Sport 2 by Gone Wanderin' 2, on Flickr

With paint and sponsor decals testin' at Le Mans after tunin' it a bit:
My ride for the upcoming season 7007355647_e3df127e7d_z
Grand Sport 3 by Gone Wanderin' 2, on Flickr
My ride for the upcoming season 7007355697_48fb80f5a6_z
Grand Sport 4 by Gone Wanderin' 2, on Flickr

...and one in the garage just for good measure:
My ride for the upcoming season 6861238860_9f61006767_z
Grand Sport 5 by Gone Wanderin' 2, on Flickr
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:04 am

After little discussion, it is settled. The ink is dry on the agreement with Chevrolet. They will provide limited factory support, however the relationship I've had with Chevy over the past several years will benefit our race team. We have yet to lock up sponsorship with a few companies, but we are close. See you on the track.

Last edited by TuxTshirt on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:35 pm

Well I met with Lamborghini and Chevrolet today. Preliminary testing didn't go as hot as I had hoped with either car, but at least the Lambo wasn't a total loss. The Vette, however, was.

My ride for the upcoming season Ddl6ar

On the plus side of things, I had paid for the insurance on both cars, so my cost for testing today was minimal. Well, somewhat minimal. If Chevy lets me, I'll be testing another Vette at a later date, possibly in traffic. At least Lamborghini I only scratched up a mirror and rear bumper getting a little close to a wall!
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:37 am

Excuse me sir, but you dropped your mirrors.....

...and I've messed up my Vette quite a bit (including runnin' head on in a retaining wall at the Ring in a momentary lapse in attention at 115 mph) durin' testin' and tunin' but this is the first I've ever seen anybody roll one
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next