Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forza Road Racing
Welcome to the Forza Road Racing site, racers Please login.

If you have not yet registered, please do so using your X-Box Live Gamertag and be sure to setup your profile accordingly.
Forza Road Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Drivers

+11
sbclowrider
Josh on ze bass
ceet34
StalkerStang
Simcik
Avanti 63r1025
Remaggib
Ex US Squid
Smus
C4PT41N SL0W
TuxTshirt
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Drivers Empty The Drivers

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:30 am

Post your final decisions in this thread. Those of you that have been posting pictures and stories of your claim to a ride, I won't count that as official yet until you've confirmed it in this thread. Tell me what number you want as well. I will be running #6. If you're not decided on a build yet, but are definetly in, post in here anyway and pick your number.

The Drivers Driversc

Last edited by TuxTshirt on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 26 times in total
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

The Drivers Empty Re: The Drivers

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Well, after some discussion about the choices with my brother (who runs the drag racing portion of my team) he says to stick it out with the Mazda RX-8, I would like to use number 88 as well
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:51 pm

I would like to run the Aston Martin. #27 please!
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Put down Salty Squid Motorsports for #(-1) and well Im going to take one last spin in a few manufacturers that are trying to steal me away from AF.CORSE. Did your Black Star Racing team put in a word about us being Dodge teammates in AIX to the brass at Aston Martin Smus? I got a test date lined up with them today to see what kind of shake down times I run in the DBR. Well I will be posting on here just as soon as the "ink" dries on my official entry form Tux and you will be the first to know who Im racing for this season. I was so sure I wanted to be with the Ferrari camp this year but shoot I feel like Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic with all this uncertainty and flip flopping plus its a pain in the freakin ass trying to talk to the engineers with a dang translator the whole time. Deadline is coming up fast though so I have to hurry. Luckily for me I only have a verbal commitment with AF.CORSE so Im free to sign elsewhere but I cant help but feel a bit like a pompous Ahole for getting so far with Ferrari only to possibly cut and run last min. Knowing Ferrari though, they can get just about whomever they want so I dont feel so bad for the uber rich team thats used to always getting their way. Decisions.... Decisions.... Decisions
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Maybe they'll sign me then Squid. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Tux, I'd like #04, but waiting to hear back from some sponsors about what car I'll be driving. A few things have to come together but I'm working with RUF and it's looking promising.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:13 pm

You know if Ruf falls through on the opportunity to sign you then I know AF definitely will! Was talking to Mr Ferrari and he said anybody I vouch for as a great addition to the AF team is good to go with him. Cool thing about Amato is he has absolute trust in my judgement and actually takes the time to listen to my input. Sucker has no idea how tarded I can be LOL! lol!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:You know if Ruf falls through on the opportunity to sign you then I know AF definitely will! Was talking to Mr Ferrari and he said anybody I vouch for as a great addition to the AF team is good to go with him. Cool thing about Amato is he has absolute trust in my judgement and actually takes the time to listen to my input. Sucker has no idea how tarded I can be LOL! lol!

This guy has absolute trust in you, and you're about to drop him on his face? Good call. Sounds like his judgement sucks. How's my aim, did I catch mouth that time?
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Your aim is about as far off as your AI Maro has power.... OH BURN! Burn dude! Burn! You might wanna get some SPF 100 with aloe cause thats gotta burn! Burn dude! Best be makin an appointment in the burn ward for some skin grafts cause thats a burn!
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:22 pm

............................. burn
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Ex US Squid wrote:Your aim is about as far off as your AI Maro has power.... OH BURN! Burn dude! Burn! You might wanna get some SPF 100 with aloe cause thats gotta burn! Burn dude! Best be makin an appointment in the burn ward for some skin grafts cause thats a burn!

Careful, you might make all us GM guys feel bad about ourselves.....
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  TuxTshirt Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:26 pm

It's getting hot in here.
TuxTshirt
TuxTshirt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Hah suppose I should be careful though cause youre bigger than I am and if I ever cruise through Michigan I might get beat up and if it happened in Detroit then while that was happening I know both our cars would be stolen
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Squid, we didn't need to mention it to the Aston folks, that was one of the first questions they asked. I was under the assumption that you were going with AF Corse and would be running the Ferrari. I'm sure they'd love to have the AIX champ running one of their cars. I'd offer to let your take my car out for a spin but after the Shell folks caught a glimpse of the baby blue paint, they put their foot down and in a hurry...so I guess its back to the paint booth...not that I blame them entirely...it was a strech to start, mainly because we planned on Barclays as a sponsor when Shell showed interest.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Demanded a scheme more akin to the Penske #22 Dodge Charger that Kurt Busch and now AJ Almendinger races in Nascar eh? Yellow I presume or the Indy car style in white?
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Yellow, White, or Red...with matching colors. I've still kept Johnnie Walker and of course Multimatic and Eaton.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:41 pm

TuxTshirt wrote:It's getting hot in here.

So take off all your clothes.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  Ex US Squid Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:00 am

Well I had my fun meeting and greeting with some of the teams out there, namely: Aston, Lambo, Ruf and even my beloved Mopar but Im still really smitten by the F430 and the whole AF.CORSE crew and having seat time in the competition helps me judge exactly where the Ferrari stands and how we stack up against the field. So paperwork has been filled out and filled for me to run Ferraris this season. Cant wait to meet everyone out on the track
Ex US Squid
Ex US Squid

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanti 63r1025 Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:56 am

Hold #12 for me.

As of now I am "chassis uncertain." I am leaning toward one though I'm going to buy and build many platforms then haul them up and down I-101 from Sonoma to Salinas and back to Sonoma to determine which best fits my driving style. Yep, that's how I roll. If you're lucky and have a camera along the route, you might catch a glimpse of the test chassis What a Face
Avanti 63r1025
Avanti 63r1025

Back to top Go down

Post  Simcik Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:14 am

Simcik Racing is in! We made just enough from our late surge in American Iron to fund the Rolex series, so we are definitely in.

We're still trying to secure a chassis and number Hopefully we can convince Shiner to stick with us - it would be nice to have someone else pay some of the bills - but if we do we've got to consider their input too.

For now, from a bang-for-your-buck (and personal preference position), we're heavily considering the Dodge Viper SRT-10 and number 5, but don't make that official just yet.
Simcik
Simcik
Admin

https://forzaroadracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Avanti 63r1025 wrote:Hold #12 for me.

As of now I am "chassis uncertain." I am leaning toward one though I'm going to buy and build many platforms then haul them up and down I-101 from Sonoma to Salinas and back to Sonoma to determine which best fits my driving style. Yep, that's how I roll. If you're lucky and have a camera along the route, you might catch a glimpse of the test chassis What a Face

I've been runnin' a few laps with my RX-8's (yes, plural... one's a test/back up car) at Sears Point and Laguna Seca myself since I made my choice. They're quick.... for those who might wanna run the RX-8
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Smus Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:51 pm

C4PT41N SL0W wrote:

I've been runnin' a few laps with my RX-8's (yes, plural... one's a test/back up car) at Sears Point and Laguna Seca myself since I made my choice. They're quick.... for those who might wanna run the RX-8

Shocked Shocked

I completely forgot about ordering a back-up car...I've got enough panels to rebuild 2 cars, but if that frame gets bent too badly between races and if they're at the same pace as American Iron...between traveling oversees...well it's not like you can put a frame straigtener on an airplane... No

Looks like I'll be calling Gaydon tonight.
Smus
Smus

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:37 pm

It seems as though RUF fell through for me. Our meeting didn't go well right from the start, when they noticed that my last name is German. When they asked "Oh, you're German?" I replied "No, I'm American". It went downhill from there.

But that's ok, I'll find someone willing to pay me just enough to put their name on my car. And also someone willing to help supply a car. With much luck, a backup car as well.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  C4PT41N SL0W Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Yeah, back up cars are nice but I beat mine up testin' at the Ring last night, headin' back again later to work out some kinks. And when I said those RX-8's are quick, I mean like 9:21.966 fastest lap time at the Ring with me runnin' auto (because shiftin' on an Xbox controller is as foreign to me as breathin' underwater) and holdin' back a little bit so I could get a clean lap in quick
C4PT41N SL0W
C4PT41N SL0W

Back to top Go down

Post  Remaggib Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:48 pm

I was trying to get some manufacturers to let me take a car out on the ring to test it, but they pretty much all said the same thing: We've done our crash testing already.
Remaggib
Remaggib

Back to top Go down

Post  StalkerStang Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:51 pm

Well I of course will be racing for the Ford camp. I need some time with the car though so it can be modified to suite my driving style (or lack of driving ability).

Team Mustang for sure, I guess I'll go with #90 for now.
StalkerStang
StalkerStang

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next